Quantcast

How do I report reproducible bugs? Screensaver doesn't turn off when unpausing casted youtube

Software version: 04.20.70

TV: LG EG960V

1) Use Android Phone to cast Youtube directly to the TV (i.e. not via ChromeCast)

2) Pause the video.

3) Wait until screensaver kicks in (youtube text and animated blob)

4) Unpause using the phone.

5) Audio starts playing, but screensaver doesn't turn off.

Expected behaviour:

Screensaver to disappar and video to be shown at the same time that audio resumes.

Actual behaviour:

Only audio resumes. Screensaver remains until button on TV remote is touched to "wake it up".

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Miroslav Tuhársky
      Hello, I have LG OLED CX and recently the Youtube app has incorrect geographic data- CH. I am from Slovakia, the TV has never been to Switzerland. Nor physically, nor virtually (VPN). I am getting CH ads, which I dont mind so much, but I am afraid of possible in app geo restrictions.
      I already tried everything, even resetting the TV to default.  No other TV app is affected.
      Anybody please advise.

• By Hissy
      I finally updated the software on my TV, and now I have to force a reset whenever I want to turn it on. (Unplug for 60 seconds.) The TV will not turn on without a reset, from either the remote or the power button. Once it's on it responds normally to the remote.  It doesn't matter how long the TV's been turned off - when I want to turn it back on, I have to reset it.
      Has anyone else had similar problems?
    • By 4913
      Hi. I have two LG Smart TVs that were purchased in 2014 and have the YouTube apps pre-installed. I would really like to uninstall them if possible but despite searching everywhere online cannot find the answer. All of the current threads or videos refer to newer models where the screen layout is different with all the apps lined up at the bottom of the screen. My TVs have app ‘cards’ and I simply cannot edit card 1 which has the pre-installed apps on it. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks, Nigel.
    • By Jkw
      When I navigate to a website that streams  audio content, e.g. knkx.org, the audio stream is not played. Have tried several such sites and encountered the same lack of audio. All other audio is played normally. 

Is there a setting I must select? 
    • By majorol
      I have an LG 55UN74003LB smart TV running webOS 5.2.3-252113 with firmware version 3.23.45 and there is a pretty oldschool Samsung HT-DS400 5.1 home cinema system via opticla cable.
      Audio cutting in and out constantly when I am playing media that is utilizing the WebOS (e.g.: TV's Youtube app, Netflix, screenshare from mobile, playback from USB attached external drive).
      The sound is however flawless when I am using my PS4 or media-box that are connected via HDMI to the TV.
      I tried all the possible combinations of the digital sound output (auto, PCM , passthrough) and the format of the audio (MPEG, Dolby Digital/Plus, auto, HE-AAC) with no luck.
      Furthermore I purchased a Panasonic HDMI ARC exteactor and diverted TV audio to HDMI ARC port but the outcome was the same:
      Flawless audio from mediabox and PS4 and cutting in/out when using TV for playback.

This leads me to beleive that cabling and my Samsung 5.1 sound system could not be the issue, 
      but there might be something wrong with the TV... possibly firmware issue or something.
      Has anyone faced the same, and if so, does a relatively easy fix exists?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Moon
      How can I set a custom screen saver? Or a group of pictures/videos to cycle through?
    • By Esteban Díaz
      After recent update my browser changed, now, it looks better and fluid but control play and pause buttons don't work in browser video player anymore.
      Is there a way to fix it? Maybe a downgrade?
      It is really annoying can not play and pause the videos

• By Khamikaze
      Hi Everyone,

OK, so what does it take to have full Chromecast support in LG TVs (webOS)?
      a. Either builtin support.
      b. Via webOS app.

The goal / use is simple as any other Chromecast device / TV: be able to say to "hey Google, play this video/music from service-X to LG-TV".

Looking forward to good news and your thoughts.

Thanks,
    • By Khamikaze
      Hi there,

So VLC (via DLNA) does not see LG TV webOS as renderer option.
      Even Windows 7 (via Explorer / Windows Media Player) sees it.

What's special about LG TV webOS DLNA implementation that VLC does not see it?

Thanks,

PS: Some other related posts on this.

VLC Streaming to LG Smart TV

VLC on LG C8.

Streaming from Windows VLC to LG webOS TV?

How do I stream to my LG TV using the VLC Media Player on my HP Envy Desktop that is Running Windows 8

link hidden, please login to view