Quantcast

Please assist with 5.1 out...

SnakeFighter

Question

Hi Everyone

Not sure if anybody's able to shed any light on this....

I recently bought a 55UF860V, which I like a lot.  I have it connected to a Pioneer HTP-072 sound system, which is working nicely, BUT I have discovered that I cannot get 5.1 surround sound out of the TV.  I have tried using both the optical out and the HDMI ARC thing, and both appear only to output stereo.

I've had a good old fiddle with the menu settings, no no avail.  5.1 works fine with anything connected directly to the sound system.  Funny thing is, I could have sworn that it used to work- I previously had an HDMI cable in use that didn't want to work with ARC, but since swapping it with another, I have been unable to enjoy Netflix in surround sound.  Really wierd.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted!

Cheers

Charlie

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

OK, here's an odd thing.

The setting you mentioned above does seem to have been the culprit.  Having changed it to/from "Auto" several times", all of a sudden, the 5.1 seemed to spring into life.

Also, I've been trying to get ARC to work, but it looks like too much trouble, tbh.  LG's implementation seems to be at odds with my other connected gadgets, so I'm getting strange goings-on.  Back to optical for me!

Thanks again

Charlie

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kavitha
      Model: 42UB700T-TH version 03.02.25. Has not got any software update since  3-4 Years - What a mess...…
      This TV is just a random box now... Once purchased this model - new version from LG was introduced; making this just a playing box...
      None of the recent OTT's can be installed..
      We need a fix or else some solution to it.
      Its really a disheartening experience after being loyal to this brand in any appliance we purchase.
    • By adamrt
      Bought a oled65g16la worse thing I ever did, how do you put a normal size plug behind a 19mm thick TV? answer is you can't!!
      I have a Sonos system, works fine on all other TV's, but I can only get Stereo out of it and not 5.1, it's connected via HDMI, supports ARC, I have gone to setting and tried everything, anyone have any idea's?
      Great picture, rubbish TV
    • By Josef
      I am recording videos to 
      link hidden, please login to view NAS. During the recording I like to watch the video (still recording).  The Photo and Video App on webOS does not show the file unless the recording has terminated. Is there a possibility to watch videos in webOS while it get recorded? Joseph

• By Jeff Blackman
      My  TV  sound is connected to a BOSE sound system via the TV's optical output. Is it possible to connect Bluetooth hearing aids at the same time?
    • By Alex
      LG Ads, the company's advertising arm, has announced River OS which is a new Smart TV operating system built on ads and personalization. The first River OS-based Smart TVs will ship in late 2021.

LG River OS
      LG said that it has already lined up multiple OEM partners. The first River OS-powered Smart TVs will ship in India by the end of 2021, and in the US and elsewhere sometime in 2022. - "Our current OEM partners include LG, Sharp, Hisense, Toshiba, Seiki, Skyworth, Tivo, and Sling Media, with over 10 more OEMs committed to joining us in 2021," the company said.
      River OS will have a personalized home screen with content and ads tailored to the specific user through profiling. All device, input, channel, and app switching in the Smart TV is handled by River OS, which will also have deep integration of voice control. - "With streaming dominating viewing time today, it’s still too hard for people to find, discover and enjoy the programs they want to watch, across literally thousands of content sources available. River OS solves that challenge in an elegant way and delivers new, fully voice-controlled smart TV features that consumers will find innovative and essential. And we’re able to package ad-supported content in a way that allows our OEM partners to deliver a high-quality product at an affordable price point," said John Gee, chief business development officer for LG Ads.

The company's new alternative TV operating system was created by LG Ads Solutions, which is a partnership between LG and Alphonso. LG acquired a controlling stake in Alphonso in January 2021. - "Content partners and brand advertisers will have a rich array of interactive native ad formats, including home screen takeovers, for engaging consumers on the largest screen in the house. Native ads enable viewers to easily click through the ad units to trailers, videos, microsites, and other experiences," said LG Ads Solutions with reference to River OS-powered Smart TVs. Also read: LG's webOS 6.0 platform for 2021 TVs has a redesigned homescreen It is unclear what River OS means for the future of LG's webOS that has already taken a turn toward ads and personalization in version 6.0 that comes pre-installed on LG's 2021 LCD and OLED TVs. LG said that "major content streaming services and apps will be readily available on River OS-powered TVs", which could suggest that there is a link to webOS.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Vikram Sud
      In the last few days my LG TV OLED65B8PTA suddenly drops the volume significantly fleetingly every few minutes. 

Am also hoping this isn't the start of the end of this massive investment I made a couple of years ago !!! 
    • By hellojavad
      Hello guys
      I can't play Dolby atmos in TrueHD format when playing from hard drive after I update my firmware and only DD+ is playing.
      I reset my device also but nothing changed.
      any Idea what to do?
    • By AsbjornDam
      Hello There,

My tv keeps increasing the volume. It differs by how much some times it jumps from 10 (my standard) to 11, sometimes to 14 and a lot of other random numbers between 10-100, it appears on the screen and the number increase in speed as someone is pushing a remote.

Some facts from my situation:

- I know it is not my own remote, as i've tried removing my remote batteries.

- Theres no one on my network, except me.
      - It tends to happen more and more, the longer the tv has been turned on.
      - If i put my TV on standby, it turns on the next time it increases the volume. (This is not happening if i press the volume button on my magic remote, BUT it does happen when i use the joystick beneath the screen)
      My TV model is LG UF772TV and i currently run on webOS 04.25.85
      i hope someone knows what to do, as it is seriously annoying.

I dont have warranty anymore.
      If you have any questions, just shoot!

Best Regards

Asbjørn Dam

• By Youssef Mohamed
      My version is 4.10.4 which says it's the latest to my uhd tv .. I have a problem that picture is faster than sound and I only have option to increase the amount which make it worse .. anyone knows a way that the siftware gives me an option to make this value like -5 or something to have correct lip sync ?
      I use internal speakers.