Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

hellojavad

OLED 55C7T is not supporting atmos in truehd container when playing from Hard drive after firmware update

Question

Hello guys

I can't play Dolby atmos in TrueHD format when playing from hard drive after I update my firmware and only DD+ is playing.

I reset my device also but nothing changed.

any Idea what to do?

4 answers to this question

This is because the TV outputs audio via ARC, or its internal speakers + Optical. Neither of those methods supports TrueHD or any lossless audio. ARC only supports DD+ with Atmos metadata, and Optical won't support Atmos in any form. Your option would be to find a device that connects to your receiver by HDMI, like a 4K Blu-Ray player, which can play media files from an external drive. Or, y'know, buy the movies legitimately.

7 hours ago, hellojavad said:

@Cody k TV supported and played this metadata from time I bought TV  but problem showed up after firmware update.

That sounds unlikely. I've had a C7 for eighteen months and it never supported lossless audio. The TV does not have and never had a transcoder for those codecs. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.