Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!
Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!
Those who are unable to get update through OTA, they can update it manually via USB
Just wondering will there be an update for my tv model 60UH652T-TA that involves Foxtel now and Apple TV. The tv just doesn’t seem that old to support it and has been working absolutely fine. Just wondering why there hasn’t been an update for it because I’m really interested in keeping this tv as it has had no faults whatsoever
1. Download LgDTVUpDater [
link hidden, please login to view | link hidden, please login to view ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your link hidden, please login to view
5. Save and exit
6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
12. Restart TV
13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions
For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings
NSU EMU BY SMX
If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found link hidden, please login to view.
Similar Tagged Content
By Vikram Sud
In the last few days my LG TV OLED65B8PTA suddenly drops the volume significantly fleetingly every few minutes.
Am also hoping this isn't the start of the end of this massive investment I made a couple of years ago !!!
I am using LG 43UH650T and the same is updated to latest firmware 5.50.80 yet it is not showing latest apps available on latest lg tv app store.
Just wanted to know the availability of latest firmware for my tv that will support latest apps like Hotstar.
Is there a way to reflash the firmware? Or any ideas to fix this? I'm out of warranty so I hope I can fix this with a service remote.
I suspect when my TV autoupdated to 5.10.45 last week, it corrupted the firmware. It now takes 2 minutes to turn on the TV. It shows the WebOS loading screen against a black background but then after it loads up, I get a blue tint on the screen. I cannot get rid of this blue tint even messing with picture settings.
When I performed a reset to factory settings, it reverted to an unknown language which is very odd since I am located in the US. I can't even get it to select English - United states.
This is what a youtube video looks like that's supposed to show the color red.
My tv keeps increasing the volume. It differs by how much some times it jumps from 10 (my standard) to 11, sometimes to 14 and a lot of other random numbers between 10-100, it appears on the screen and the number increase in speed as someone is pushing a remote.
Some facts from my situation:
- I know it is not my own remote, as i've tried removing my remote batteries.
- Theres no one on my network, except me.
- It tends to happen more and more, the longer the tv has been turned on.
- If i put my TV on standby, it turns on the next time it increases the volume. (This is not happening if i press the volume button on my magic remote, BUT it does happen when i use the joystick beneath the screen)
My TV model is LG UF772TV and i currently run on webOS 04.25.85
i hope someone knows what to do, as it is seriously annoying.
I dont have warranty anymore.
If you have any questions, just shoot!