Quantcast

OLED 55C7T is not supporting atmos in truehd container when playing from Hard drive after firmware update

hellojavad

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

This is because the TV outputs audio via ARC, or its internal speakers + Optical. Neither of those methods supports TrueHD or any lossless audio. ARC only supports DD+ with Atmos metadata, and Optical won't support Atmos in any form. Your option would be to find a device that connects to your receiver by HDMI, like a 4K Blu-Ray player, which can play media files from an external drive. Or, y'know, buy the movies legitimately.

7 hours ago, hellojavad said:

@Cody k TV supported and played this metadata from time I bought TV  but problem showed up after firmware update.

That sounds unlikely. I've had a C7 for eighteen months and it never supported lossless audio. The TV does not have and never had a transcoder for those codecs. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By PureChaosX
      As the title sort of says, whenever I rename the HDMI inputs on my new TV, they seem to reset at random. Sometime's they've reset when the TV is put on standby mode for several hours. Other times, I've noticed they've reset while the TV is still being used. I always end up renaming them in the morning, and eventually, they've reset themselves back to HDMI 1 (Xbox One X) and HDMI 2 (Elgato Capture). 
      Sometimes, only 1 of the names reset. Other times, they both reset.
      Does anyone have any ideas as to why the names keep resetting? TV off or on, it doesn't seem to matter. Any help would be great!
      Please and thank you!
    • By Kanu Tomer
      Hotstar is not available for the lower versions of the tv and there are no updates applied by lg to the firmware.
      My tv is a 2016 model
    • By Alex
      UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE

The firmware that powers your LG Ultra HD 4K Smart TV with webOS should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience and improve its operation. Thankfully, this can be done easily and quickly, right at home.
      Watch this quick video to learn more. Or follow the easy steps below to get started.

HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE?
      Firmware updates don't happen frequently, so you should be fine checking for updates every other month.
      HOW DO I CHECK FOR, AND DOWNLOAD, AVAILABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES?
      Before you do anything, make sure you have an Ethernet cord connected directly from your router to your television. Wireless Internet connections are not reliable enough for firmware updates.
      Use this diagram if you need help getting set up:

ONCE YOUR TV HAS A WIRED CONNECTION, DO THE FOLLOWING:
      Press the MENU Click SYSTEM SETTINGS Then ABOUT Then SYSTEM UPDATES You'll be advised that your system is currently up to date or requested to select CHECK NOW for the latest update. If a new version is available, it downloads automatically. FIRMWARE UPDATES WILL ALSO UPDATE LG ULTRA HD 4K SMART TV AND LG APPS AT THE SAME TIME.
    • By Ole
      After 05.60.15 update on 55UH650V. The miniguide pops up. But my biggest problem is that . I am using Sonos Playbase for TV Audio. After maybe ½ an hour or a couple of hours audio suddenly gets muted. To solve this i need  powercycle the TV. LG please fix this  asap.
    • By Ted W
      Hi
      I've got an LG Smart TV 43UM  7400PLB and am looking to buy an external hard drive so I can pause live TV and record programs. I'm currently using a much smaller capacity USB which can't pause live TV and will soon be full. 
      I've read on various forums that certain hard drives won't work or that I'll need to buy a certain connecting cable. 
      I was thinking of buying a Seagate 2TB drive, (STGX2000400) which is around £55.
      Can anyone recommend one or confirm that the Seagate one will be okay.
      Thanks.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By michaelbr
      How can I update firmware of this TV? I can't find firmware update anywhere!
    • By Roadrunner99
      OLED65E7P bought in USA but later converted to India region by following the below link 

link hidden, please login to view Current software version is 05.80.15
      It won't find any new updates while checking from TV menu.
      Should I upgrade it to 05.80.55 by downloading from LG India website?
      starfish-dvb-secured-m16p-611.dunggir.m16p-61114-05.80.55-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk
      Reason for asking is sometimes the apps act funny, especially Hotstar app seems buggy or not quick to respond. Does work ok most of the time. 
      Thanks for any helpful advice. 
    • By Vikram Sud
      In the last few days my LG TV OLED65B8PTA suddenly drops the volume significantly fleetingly every few minutes. 

Am also hoping this isn't the start of the end of this massive investment I made a couple of years ago !!! 
    • By Doniv7
      Hey Team,
      I am using LG 43UH650T and the same is updated to latest firmware 5.50.80 yet it is not showing latest apps available on latest lg tv app store.
      Just wanted to know the availability of latest firmware for my tv that will support latest apps like Hotstar.