Quantcast

LG to Unveil Quantum Dot-Powered Ultra HD TV

Alex

Question

LG to Unveil Quantum Dot-Powered Ultra HD TV at CES 2015

LG Electronics announced today that it will show a 4K Ultra HD LCD TV at CES 2015 powered by quantum dot technology.

Quantum dots replace the traditional RGB filter layer in an LED/LCD TV allowing these TVs to be brighter, with a wider color gamut for richer, more vivid colors. Quantum dots used in the LG TV vary in shape and size from about 2 nanometers to 10 nanometers in diameter. Depending on the size and shape of the dot, each one acts as a different color filter. These dots are arranged in a precise array to filter a pure blue LED light source in order to reproduce a wide spectrum of colors.

LCD TVs powered by quantum dot technology will be part of LG's Ultra HD TV lineup for 2015. The quantum dot TV's will use LG's IPS (In Plane Switching) panel for improved off-axis viewing compared to traditional LCD panels. These new TVs will also include an improved Smart TV Interface powered by WebOS, which the company acquired from HP in 2013.

Source:

link hidden, please login to view

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Katieg
      I shipped my lg tv from the Uk to the Uae and there is no option to pick uae as location- it is not on the country list. 

I am now not able to install local apps like osn and Disney plus (uae version) so the only thing that works is Netflix. 

I tried selecting other as the country location but then even Netflix disappeared so have had to change back to Uk. 

how can I change the location to uae as this where I am not using the tv? It’s really annoying me as I have no idea why uae is not an option on the country list. 

any help is really appreciated 

thanks 
    • By News Reporter
      LG Marks Next Major Phase of Its CTV Advertising Business

SEOUL, Sep. 15, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) today announced a rollout of LG Ads Solutions proprietary automatic content recognition (ACR) technology across LG TVs globally, beginning this September. The rollout will replace legacy technology and put the new ACR solution on millions of smart TVs across 27 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Australia.
      The new ACR provided by LG Ads Solutions is already active on LG smart TVs in the U.S. and with the rollout, LG CTV data will be available exclusively through LG Ads Solutions.
      “Since the LG Ads Solutions launch last May, the team has created tremendous momentum for the business globally,” said Chris Jo, Senior Vice President and Head of Platform Business at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. “This rollout of the new ACR is another great milestone that demonstrates its commitment to excellence, and dedication to bringing the best possible advertising solutions to brands and agencies around the world.”
      CEO Raghu Kodige said, “This rollout marks the next major phase of our global CTV advertising business with LG Ads Solutions. It is a highly significant moment for brands across four continents, who increasingly need to reach cord-cutters and light TV viewers who have migrated to OTT services, and to understand incremental reach over traditional linear TV services. Now with LG Ads Solutions, brands globally can plan, activate and measure CTV advertising using the industry’s best ACR data set to help guarantee campaign success.”
      The ACR data, which is in compliance with all global and regional consumer data privacy regulations, helps brands understand, in an anonymized fashion, how frequent certain TV ads were aired in any given household. For brands, this means it can increase frequency levels for underexposed households, cap frequency for overexposed households, win over households that are exposed to competitors’ ads, and more. Of major importance, it informs brands and agencies which households they are missing completely due to cord-cutting.
      The data can also be used to measure the effectiveness of ads, such as if an ad drove viewers to a particular TV show or movie, or if an ad led to the download or registration of an OTT app or service.
      LG Ads Solutions already powers CTV campaigns in over 40 countries globally. Now, brands in any country covered by the ACR rollout can immediately begin working with LG Ads Solutions to understand TV audience viewership in their country at a granular level, in order to pinpoint audience segments and optimize reach, frequency and ad effectiveness across linear and streaming television.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Naveenkumarj
      Hey everyone, I am working on DRM integration in LG TVs. I want to know which DRM levels will work in LG TVs. If the DRM levels work, then how can I find out which DRM level is present for a particular LG device. Could someone please help me with this? Any little info will be helpful. Thanks in advance
    • By News Reporter
      With an Integrated NFT Market Place and Offering Safe, Secure Payment, LG Art Lab
      Provides Compelling, New Way to Enjoy and Trade Digital Art on LG’s Premium TVs

SEOUL, Sep. 5, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) has launched its very own non-fungible token (NFT) platform, LG Art Lab. Now available in the U.S. on the company’s TVs running webOS 5.0 or later, and accessible directly from the Home Screen, the new platform enables users to buy, sell and enjoy high-quality digital artwork. Delivering outstanding picture quality and offering several, large screen sizes to choose from, LG’s state-of-the-art TVs are the perfect medium for displaying one’s NFT collection.
      A convenient, one-stop solution for viewing and trading NFTs at home, the platform includes the LG Art Lab Drops feature, which profiles artists and previews new works coming soon to the platform. Meanwhile, the real-time Live Drops countdown ensures users never miss an opportunity to acquire a ‘just dropped’ NFT.
      LG’s new platform, based on the Hedera network, the most used, sustainable, enterprise-grade public ledger for the decentralized economy, makes buying and selling as simple as possible, incorporating onscreen QR codes that let users quickly complete transactions via Wallypto – the company’s crypto-currency wallet for smartphones. Once purchased, an NFT can be traded on LG Art Lab Marketplace, where users can easily view transaction history, while in My Collection they can admire all of their owned artworks. When displayed on the cinematic, 16:9 aspect ratio screens of LG’s TVs, NFTs come fully to life – especially on the company’s OLED TVs, which leverage self-lit pixels to deliver infinite contrast, inky blacks and exceptional color accuracy.
      A treat for fans of contemporary art, LG Art Lab welcomes the first-ever digital artwork from well-known sculptor Barry X Ball. Famous for reinterpreting classical and modernist sculptures using the latest 3D scanning and printing technologies, as well as traditional techniques, Barry X Ball is now making his exciting debut in the world of NFT art with unique ‘Metal’ series digital works. The first of these NFT masterpieces, which perfectly capture all the textures, details and materials – including precious metals and gemstones – used in the artist’s remarkable sculptures, will be available via the platform’s LG Art Lab Drops feature in the next weeks, with “Stone” series and other artists’ works to be added on a monthly basis.
      With their immaculate picture quality and stylish, minimalist aesthetic, LG’s next-gen TVs have featured in several high-profile events on the art world calendar, including the recently-held Frieze Seoul.
      To find out more about LG Art Lab, please visit
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #

• By João Inácio
      Friends, many users are having this problem. After LG updated the firmware earlier this year (2022), the browser is no longer able to test the internet speed by going to the speedtest.net website. On my OLED55C1 TV, I tried testing on other websites, but they all gave wrong results on download speed. However, the upload speed was measured correctly.
      Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
  • Similar Tagged Content