Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Alex

LG to Unveil Quantum Dot-Powered Ultra HD TV

Question

LG to Unveil Quantum Dot-Powered Ultra HD TV at CES 2015

LG Electronics announced today that it will show a 4K Ultra HD LCD TV at CES 2015 powered by quantum dot technology.

Quantum dots replace the traditional RGB filter layer in an LED/LCD TV allowing these TVs to be brighter, with a wider color gamut for richer, more vivid colors. Quantum dots used in the LG TV vary in shape and size from about 2 nanometers to 10 nanometers in diameter. Depending on the size and shape of the dot, each one acts as a different color filter. These dots are arranged in a precise array to filter a pure blue LED light source in order to reproduce a wide spectrum of colors.

LCD TVs powered by quantum dot technology will be part of LG's Ultra HD TV lineup for 2015. The quantum dot TV's will use LG's IPS (In Plane Switching) panel for improved off-axis viewing compared to traditional LCD panels. These new TVs will also include an improved Smart TV Interface powered by WebOS, which the company acquired from HP in 2013.

Source:

link hidden, please login to view

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      Here' s the latest video from LG on webOS Auto. An excellent introduction to LG's webOS Auto, a  Linux-powered Automotive OS Platform.

• By Leo Lagos
      Hi. I've got a MKV file with 20+ subtitles. Subtitle I need is at position 18. When I connect the USB disc to the TV,  default LG media player plays it, but when I try to select the 18th subtitle, media player only shows 12... no more... No way I can access subtitles more than that.
      This is a clear bug. Any way to fix this? Is there a better media player app I could install  that can handle more than 12 subtitles in an MKV file?
      Thanks
    • By Scott R.
      Since upgrading the VUDU app in the last month, it did not keep my login credentials and now I get a generic error when I attempt to log back in.  VUDU's "customer care" had me install/re-install several times and change my password to no avail.  Other than that they've been useless. Anyone else have issues signing in to 3rd party apps?
    • By Charles Chidiac
      Hi there,
      Is there any way to show favorite channels list on iptv smarters app for LG tv ?
      It appears in the android version of the app on my phone, but not in the webos on tv !
      Thank you for your help.
    • By Susan1113
      Bought an LG WebOS TV UK6570AUB last year.  Has been working fine.  Last night during an Amazon Prime show, heard a pop then sound was gone.  TV diagnostics show tv is fine.  Cable diagnostics say cable is fine.  Sound fine via youtube and dvd player.  No sound via cable box.  Picture is fine. Anyone else have this issue?  Is there a fix?  Uninstalled/reinstalled amazon prime app.  Very frustrating.  Thank you!
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Dipak
      Is there any playback language settings option available  on hotstar LG webOS app?
    • By Mahfuzur Rahman
      how i update my webOS3.0 browser
    • By Mahfuzur Rahman
      how i update my webOS3.0 browser
    • By prakhar_singh
      Updated my LG 55UK6360PTE to version 05.10.10 a few weeks ago. Few days after the update the television has trouble booting up, it gets stuck on the lg logo, then I have to switch the tv off by holding the power logo for a few seconds, then boot it up again only to find it getting stuck on the lg logo again, after repeating this process a few times I am finally able to boot the tv and proceed smoothly until I dare turn it off to face the whole issue all over again. Anyone else witnessed the same problems, is there anyway to downgrade the webos, tried the lgdtvupdater but it doesn't work, I guess it only works for models upto 2017. Correct me if I am wrong