Quantcast

IF Anyone is thinking of buying a new tv ... avoid a Smart LG TV!

TvXtra

Question

Best advice you could probably get,   Maybe stick with (Non-Smart) televisions but stay well away from anything they suggest is Smart.

The current Problems are....

• The LG store is 95% down for apps, when an app updates it could take a few days before you run it again.

• You have to wait anything from 30 - 60 seconds when you turn on the tv to change channel.

• The tv guide is basically an app, so that also takes ages to open (if it's not open)

• LG Technical Support are a complete waste of time, they would rather blame the app developer when the LG store is down.

• Did I say it takes 30 - 60 seconds before you can use the telly? (it's the 1950's all over again)

• Watching something on Iplayer at random times ' out of memory error ' pops up.

• Sometimes the audio is out of sync.

5 answers to this question

Depends if it's WebOS or Netcast.

And the webOs hasn't got Flash Player.

Lg WebOS hasn't got Flash because i have talked with LG and they say that ADOBE doesn't want to provide them Flash, then i asked why Netcast has flash, they sayed that in that moment ADOBE provided them and as you can see netcast has flash 10 and can't be updated, and the actual version is Flash 15, they sayed that if i talk personaly to adobe, they could help me, so if we all send a mail to adobe, may be they can  provide flash on behalf of clients, so friends, one email can change the way of your TV, so please help me and also send emails to adobe. Hope it helped, 1 like also helps me

• Like 1

Earlier this year we bought a 65 inch LG smart TV. We are so disappointed with it on discovering that so many of the things we want to watch require Flash Player which is not supported, that the smart TVs we have bought (today) for our kids Christmas presents are not LG. LG just lost three sales and that's just from me. Try watching any of the commercial free to air TV websites in Australia such as 9jumpin or 7plus and they all require Flash Player to work. Prior to buying the LG "smart" TV we were loyal LG purchasers.