Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

ccorreia

Synology - DS Video App

Yes we need a DS Video app, or some app that can connect to the Synology Video Station / Synology Media Server with nice GUI.

I am really dissapointed by LG Webos and its DLNA player, SmartShare and the whole user experience. SmartShare is really the worst piece of Smart TV software that I have ever seen.

Unfortunetly I already have an LG TV, but need to buy a new TV for my Living Room, and wont be buying LG for sure because of the crappy apps on its Content Store.

I will probably buy a Samsung, because it has much better apps and has support for DS Video.

• Like 1

I had written an enquiry mail to Synology. unfortunately the Synology engineer responded and said they have no plan about developing the DS Video and DS Photo on WebOS system yet.

It's really a shame that LG TV can't have a DS Video app.

I think that my LG 55c6v is almost perfect in my home chain, but it miss DS Video app to be really perfect.

• Like 3

I spent a lot of money on my 55eg920v but I feel that LG has just abandoned me now that webos 3 is out. 

I will not buy LG again. 

Where is the itv hub? 

I use smartshare with my synology but the app is hardly feature rich and really is as basic as it could be and is a joke in 2017

Does LG really think that I should replace a TV that cost nearly £3k

Yes, life is good, but no thanks to LG

• Like 1

I have 3 LG TVs due to the supperior IPS panel technology but app store is far from recommended. I'm waiting for the synology  video app "DS Video" for a couple of years, I see a lot of people asking for this app and no feedback about a future release.

I'm re-thinking about buying LG tv in the future. LG, it's in your best interest to listen to LG TV owners app suggestions. 

Samsung have this app for ages.

• Like 1

This Message is for LG Developers,

Hi Folk, pls. talk to Synology to develop DS Video for WebOS on LG TV's. I've three TV's and two LG Monitors at home, but I'll change to Samsung if nothing happens very soon.

• Like 2

4 years later...

Transcode with DS VIDEO on smartphone and cast to LG and really better than LG DLNA ! 

But LG go away for my next TV.

^^^  I always use the DS Video app on my phone and just cast to the TV.  Why would having the app on the TV make it any better?  I find the response to apps on the phone and casting much quicker than comparable apps on my LG TV.

• Like 1