Quantcast

Synology - DS Video App

ccorreia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes we need a DS Video app, or some app that can connect to the Synology Video Station / Synology Media Server with nice GUI.

I am really dissapointed by LG Webos and its DLNA player, SmartShare and the whole user experience. SmartShare is really the worst piece of Smart TV software that I have ever seen.

Unfortunetly I already have an LG TV, but need to buy a new TV for my Living Room, and wont be buying LG for sure because of the crappy apps on its Content Store.

I will probably buy a Samsung, because it has much better apps and has support for DS Video.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spent a lot of money on my 55eg920v but I feel that LG has just abandoned me now that webos 3 is out. 

I will not buy LG again. 

Where is the itv hub? 

I use smartshare with my synology but the app is hardly feature rich and really is as basic as it could be and is a joke in 2017

Does LG really think that I should replace a TV that cost nearly £3k

Yes, life is good, but no thanks to LG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have 3 LG TVs due to the supperior IPS panel technology but app store is far from recommended. I'm waiting for the synology  video app "DS Video" for a couple of years, I see a lot of people asking for this app and no feedback about a future release.

I'm re-thinking about buying LG tv in the future. LG, it's in your best interest to listen to LG TV owners app suggestions. 

Samsung have this app for ages.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 3:26 PM, mark10001 said:

^^^  I always use the DS Video app on my phone and just cast to the TV.  Why would having the app on the TV make it any better?  I find the response to apps on the phone and casting much quicker than comparable apps on my LG TV.

Other family members could access it, if your phone died you could still access it, if your phone breaks you can still access it, guests could access it, kids could put on their own movies, everyone can decide what to watch together looking through the choices on the screen, if you lose your phone you can still access it, a long way down the line if the phone app no longer functions or something happens to android/apple it would nice for the tv to be somewhat self sufficient

I'd love this app available on LG and file types like m4a songs should really be able to be played as it's an open source format so free to use . I hear samsung have both these on their tv already...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.