Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

ghoul199

Problems with streaming

Question

Hi.

I own a LG 42LB650V and I have some problems with streaming. I am streaming using SmartShare.

The first issue:

When I am streaming 720p videos everything is ok, but when I want to watch a 1080p video which is a couple GB larger, it's so laggy that I can't watch. It's like 3 seconds of movie>10 sec lag>3 secs of movie> 10 sec lag etc. What can I do with it? Should I use a different DLNA server like Serviio? I am a newbie in this stuff, it's my first Smart TV and so far I'm really disappointed.

The second issue:

SmartShare is sharing with TV only the folders that I choose in its options. But when I put new files to the folder, in order to make it visible in the app, I need to go to SmartShare settings, delete the folder from there, click 'Apply', then add it again. Is there no simplier way?

Thank you for your answers and sorry for my english if I made any mistakes

3 answers to this question

Hi guys, 

I know that this is an old topic, but it seems that my question is fitting here.

My goal is to watch sopcast streams via my PC. Every time I open a sopcast stream on my PC can be accessed in the network by "any" player via the following URL: http://192.168.xx.xx:8902

How can I open a stream URL on my LG 47LB650V?

Thanks in advance.