Quantcast

Where to post bugs with a chance they will be read by those it concerns?

LG support is crap. No response at all or pre-made response textes only after weeks. Support is important, because we actually pay for it by buying the products. Since the TV is depending on software you provide and if this software has bugs, they must be removed, because this is part of warranty.
I posted a bug thread over at the developer forum, but no one reacted. Actually, I expected something like that an LG official reads it, puts it on a bug tracking list and comments "we are on it". That's how other companies do it.

So, where can we find a place to post our bugs so that they find their way to the developers?  

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very good question.  Although the first couple of sentences are merely negative comments rather than a question.  I fear that those comments will impede responses to an otherwise good question.  I would like to know as well because I am a new LG smart TV owner and right away have noticed a serious flaw       In the software.  In many apps the Screen will go blank and an LG screensaver will appear while viewing the media.  I would like to know what triggers this to happen.  One would think it was static images or writing on the screen which would make sense but this is not the case as I have multiple apps which are interrupted by this screensaver.   I have noticed other comments about this issue going back to 2017 yet it is not fixed.  Also noteworthy is other Smart TV brands such as Samsung don’t do this using the very same apps.  So why is LG not addressing customer complaints?

On 4/1/2022 at 8:05 AM, Zipperhead said:

This is a very good question.  Although the first couple of sentences are merely negative comments rather than a question.  I fear that those comments will impede responses to an otherwise good question.  I would like to know as well because I am a new LG smart TV owner and right away have noticed a serious flaw       In the software.  In many apps the Screen will go blank and an LG screensaver will appear while viewing the media.  I would like to know what triggers this to happen.  One would think it was static images or writing on the screen which would make sense but this is not the case as I have multiple apps which are interrupted by this screensaver.   I have noticed other comments about this issue going back to 2017 yet it is not fixed.  Also noteworthy is other Smart TV brands such as Samsung don’t do this using the very same apps.  So why is LG not addressing customer complaints?

Also a good question.

My "LG support is crap" doesn't come out of nowhere. I have contacted them and reported the problems and since I still am in warranty, of which I'm pretty sure of isn't only for hardware, I expect fixing. But to no avail. You get a preconfigured standard response mail and that's all.