Quantcast

How to watch Super Bowl 2022 on an LG TV

lg tv watch superbowl

You’re here to find out how to watch Super Bowl 2022 on your LG TV — and we’ll get to that. But first, imagine Dad’s secret chili hitting the stove yet again. Family files into your home from far and wide. Flags adorn the flag holders of all the homes on your neighborhood street — a bevy of competing colors and boisterous avatars to match. It’s not Christmastime, it’s not Easter, and it’s definitely not the Fourth of July, which only leaves one major holiday that isn’t actually a holiday but may as well be.

It’s time, yet again, for the Super Bowl, an American tradition that hearkens back to the days of TVs being as big as washing machines with screens not much larger than our iPhones.

While we, of course, have loads of suggestions for the best TVs to watch the Super Bowl on, if you’ve already had your sights set on a new LG TV or already own a big-screen LG smart set, there are more ways than one to experience the Bowl with your Life’s Good TV. Let’s dive a little deeper into how to watch Super Bowl 2022 on an LG TV.

This year, Super Bowl 2022 is being broadcast live from the SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles on February 13, 2022, with the kickoff expected at 6:30 p.m. ET and 3:30 p.m. PT. Originally, the 2022 broadcast rights were supposed to go to CBS, but due to pandemic turnarounds, a landmark negotiation between CBS and NBC gave coverage of the annual event to NBC.

So what exactly does that mean in terms of actually watching the Super Bowl with an LG TV? We’ve got that covered below.

How to stream Super Bowl 2022 with an LG TV

A cable box or TV antenna (more on these later) hooked up to our TVs was and still is one of the main ways to catch the Super Bowl — regardless of what major network is handling coverage. Today, though, more and more households have cut the cord, with a number of residences only paying for Internet access and ditching paid cable altogether.

With NBC handling the coverage to this year’s Super Bowl (available on cable, satellite, and over-the-air broadcast), if you’re a cord-cutting household, this means you’ll need to be using a streaming service that gives you access to whatever NBC affiliate is broadcasting in your area. Not a problem, though, as there are several routes you can take to tap into NBC viewing.

For starters, you could try your hand at FuboTV. An official supporter of ESPN, the NFL Network, and NBC, FuboTV launched as a dedicated soccer streamer but quickly grew to include other sports programming and non-sports content. LG TVs have been supporting FuboTV since 2018.

With prices starting at $65/month, FuboTV’s starter package gets you access to over 111 sports channels and 250 hours of DVR storage. If you’re interested in expanding DVR storage or want to access your FuboTV subscription on other TVs in your home, you can upgrade to the Pro tier ($70/month) or the Elite package ($80/month).

YouTube TV and DirecTV Stream are two alternative options for LG TV streaming. Both platforms have access to NBC affiliates, along with a bevy of other TV channels, recording packages, and enough ancillary frills to make the purchase price worth it.

If you want to keep your streaming a bit more traditional, there’s the Hulu way. With a Hulu + Live TV subscription ($70/month), you’ll be able to stream the Super Bowl as it is simultaneously broadcast on NBC affiliate stations. Better yet, your Live TV membership gets you access to ESPN+, Disney+, and Hulu’s entire library of movies and TV shows.

How to watch Super Bowl 2022 on an LG TV for free

“If it’s free, it’s for me” is an often-said adage that comes with some fine-printed details we may not consider. In the case of catching Super Bowl 2022 on your LG TV, yes, technically, you can pick up the broadcast without paying for cable or a streaming provider. However, what you will require is an over-the-air (OTA) antenna.

An OTA antenna connects directly to the coaxial input on your LG TV. After performing a channel scan, your TV (when tuned to the TV/Coaxial/Antenna input) will be able to access a number of live broadcasts from network affiliates in your area.

Source: 

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By pivotCE
      Have you been wondering what LG will do with webOS next?
      According to
      link hidden, please login to view, a since pulled website has arisen (here are the cached pages from Google  and ) detailing info about LG’s all new platform supposedly called ““. It is thought that this is going to rival Samsung’s Tizen, maybe even in retaliation to Apple’s new smart watch. Hopefully our loyal fan-base will make it popular! According to pictures pulled from the site (see below), the SDK for the said smart watches, will supposedly be released with the announcement of LG’s plans to move webOS to the Smart watch platform. To see the other banners pulled from the site click

• By NickL
      Hi,
      I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range.
      I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue?
      Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it? 

Br,
      Nick
    • By ebr9999
      That Orange field (from SM/etzadjust) I can click for modification on my C1, but I cannot on my C2.
      Any hint about how I can achieve that?

Background: my goal is enabling PVR/TS, enabled on my 65C1, but disabled on my 42C2.
      I know it is risky, but copying the value of the same model with those features should achieve that, as discussed here:

• By News Reporter
      With Proprietary Air Valley Technology, LG PuriCare AeroTower
      Delivers Personalized Fresh Air Anywhere in the Home

SEOUL, Dec. 21, 2021 — LG Electronics’ (LG) all-in-one home air care solution designed to deliver the benefits of an air purifier, fan and heater in a stylish form factor is set to make its world debut at CES 2022. Developed from the ground up to meet the needs of today’s at-home lifestyle, the all new PuriCare AeroTower Air Purifying Fan offers personalized comfort that makes any indoor activity more pleasant and comfortable.
      LG PuriCare AeroTower is ideal for year-round use, delivering pure, clean air 360 degrees in one of three airflow modes: Heating Mode, Fan Mode and Diffusion Mode. Use Heating Mode for a blast of warm air on a chilly day, up to 30 degrees Celsius maximum, capable of increasing the room air temperature by five degrees Celsius in less than 10 minutes.1 Fan Mode produces a refreshing breeze and provides customized comfort with 10 levels of airflow intensity. Diffusion Mode ensures optimal quality indoor air in any season, delivering clean, filtered air upward and outward through the Air Guard diffuser for wider, more powerful air circulation.2
      Employing LG’s own Air Valley technology, the air purifier creates a canyon of air that follows a given surface. Commonly known as the Coandă effect, this results is a consistent, comfortable breeze that can be felt throughout the room. The PuriCare AeroTower’s tapered, vertical vanes are whisper quiet, only emitting 23dB of wind noise and the sleek cylindrical design offers a modern aesthetic that matches well with any type of décor. LG’s newest PuriCare model will be available in two subtle and sophisticated colors, Beige and Silver.3
      LG PuriCare AeroTower comes certified by international testing agencies such as IBR Laboratories for improving indoor air quality. Multi-stage True HEPA Filters captures 99.97 percent of different types of particulates as small as 0.3 microns in size.4 An additional benefit comes in the form of LG UVnano technology which employs ultraviolet-C light to reduce the presence of bacteria that often collect on the fan.5
      Along with performance and style, LG’s newest air care solution delivers exceptional convenience for its attention to the user experience. Customers can quickly check a variety of air quality data on the purifier’s bright LCD display or on the free LG ThinQ mobile app. The Android and iOS app also allows for the device to be monitored in real time and settings adjusted from outside the home.
      “Our new PuriCare AeroTower Air Purifying Fan was designed with today’s home lifestyle trend in mind,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG’s Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “Whether its cooling, heating or purifying, this device does it all and looks great while doing it.”
      To experience LG’s new PuriCare AeroTower, visit LG’s virtual exhibition booth at CES 2022 starting January 5 PST.
      # # #
      1 Test conducted internally in 19m2 LG environmental testing center. Based on LG internal test results conducted with product models sold in Korean market. Results may vary depending on the actual usage environment.
      2 Maximum airflow reach measured at 10m in Direct Mode.
      3 Colors may vary by market.
      4 Tested in accordance with SGS IBR Laboratories’ methodology, in compliance with IEST RP CC001.6 (2016) HEPA and ULPA filters.
      5 Tested by TÜV Rheinland by comparing number of colonies of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Klebsiella pneumoniae under LG UV LED for one hour at the lowest fan setting. Results may differ in real usage scenarios.

link hidden, please login to view