Quantcast

Free new powerboard for LG OLED TV

Dave Howard

Question

5 answers to this question

@Dave Howard I have seen some reports back in October 2020, for specific LG models and years, and I think it was initially for some Korean models. Here is a list I just spotted, on the Which UK site:

Electrical Safety First announced today that LG OLED TVs from five different ranges were being recalled. The models affected are: 65-inch LG OLED65E6 – 2016 65-inch LG OLED65B7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65C7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65E7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65W7 – 2017

Read more:

link hidden, please login to view

This seems a very late message/announcment, so be very wary of any "odd" looking premium numbers to ring, or any "spammy" information. Best ring the official LG support in your country to check it is legit.

uk/news/2020/10/product-recall-lg-4k-oled-tvs-recalled/ - Which?
Edited by td47
typo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, td47 said:

@Dave Howard I have seen some reports back in October 2020, for specific LG models and years, and I think it was initially for some Korean models. Here is a list I just spotted, on the Which UK site:

Electrical Safety First announced today that LG OLED TVs from five different ranges were being recalled. The models affected are: 65-inch LG OLED65E6 – 2016 65-inch LG OLED65B7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65C7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65E7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65W7 – 2017

Read more:

This seems a very late message/announcment, so be very wary of any "odd" looking premium numbers to ring, or any "spammy" information. Best ring the official LG support in your country to check it is legit.

uk/news/2020/10/product-recall-lg-4k-oled-tvs-recalled/ - Which?

Thank you for your in depth reply 👍

Attached is the photo of the message.

IMG-20210418-WA0000.jpg

@Dave Howard Thanks for the feedback and screenshot.If you choose "More" what extra info does it provide? Hopefully it shows what site to go to,or phone number to ring.

They will probably need your TV model and serial number, and maybe a copy of your purchase receipt. I see from a ZDNET article, it also goes up to 2019 manufactured TV sets.

36 minutes ago, td47 said:

@Dave Howard Thanks for the feedback and screenshot.If you choose "More" what extra info does it provide? Hopefully it shows what site to go to,or phone number to ring.

They will probably need your TV model and serial number, and maybe a copy of your purchase receipt. I see from a ZDNET article, it also goes up to 2019 manufactured TV sets.

My wife took the picture while I was at work and she didn't go to 'more'. Too scared lol.

But this message has not popped up again as yet. If it does while I'm home then I will go to 'more' and update my findings here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mariodu
      Hey!

So the other day I started installing a new game on my Xbox, and turned off the TV, leaving the Xbox on. The next I was turning on the TV, and it's a black screen. Using the remote, I get a message saying that "Smart Services will soon be available", just before it reboots (shuts down and automatically turns on again). After that it's stuck in this loop until I remove the power cord.

The things I've tried so far:
      Disconnect both HDM-ports and restart Disconnect power cord and re-enter while holding down the power button on the remote Holding down the power button on the remote for 4+ minutes Holding down the power button on the TV (beneath the logo) for 4+ minutes Disconnect power cord for >28 hours and reboot Removed batteries from remote control and reboot Inserted a USB-stick with latest firmware to the TV and rebooted Nothing of this has helped. Any more ideas?
      OLED55B7V
    • By News Reporter
      Company Offering LG Smart TV Owners Worldwide Opportunity to Watch
      Acclaimed Apple TV+ Series and Films for Free for Limited Time Only

SEOUL, Dec. 2, 2022 — LG Smart TV owners in over eighty countries will gain access to three months of Apple TV+ for free, supplying them with popular, award-winning content to enjoy over the holidays.1 Starting this week, the promotion is available to new Apple TV+ subscribers and applies to all compatible 4K and 8K LG Smart TV models from 2018 to 2022 running webOS 4.0 to webOS 2022. To redeem this offer, users must access the Apple TV+ app via a compatible LG Smart TV and follow the redemption instructions.2
      With Apple TV+, LG Smart TV owners can enjoy premium Apple Original drama and comedy series, feature films, documentaries, and kids and family entertainment, including this year’s Oscar Best Picture winner “CODA,” record-breaking Emmy Award winner “Ted Lasso,” holiday musical comedy “Spirited” and hit series such as “Bad Sisters,” “Slow Horses” and many more, as well as live sports, beginning with “Friday Night Baseball” and Major League Soccer matches coming in February 2023. After its launch in 2019, Apple TV+ became the first all-original streaming service to launch around the world and has premiered more original hits and received more award recognitions faster than any other streaming service in its debut. To date, Apple Original films, documentaries and series have been honored with 280 wins and over 1,200 awards nominations.
      LG Smart TVs leverage cutting-edge picture and sound technologies for stunning home entertainment experiences. The company’s industry-leading TVs employ Dolby Vision IQ and Dolby Atmos enhancing the immersive home entertainment experience, especially when streaming the Dolby mastered Apple TV+ titles.
      To add even more convenience to the viewing experience provided by LG Smart TVs supporting webOS 4.0 or higher, viewers can use LG Magic Remote to point, click and scroll the app’s interface and utilize its built-in microphone to search, discover and start watching the high-quality content featured on Apple TV+ via simple voice commands.3 What’s more, webOS 22 supports personal profiles to deliver to each individual their own personalized viewing experience.
      # # #
      1 Start date may vary by region. Offer ends January 31, 2023. Promotion applies to countries where Apple TV+ is available. Please check local details at 
      link hidden, please login to view.
      2 Offer available with LG 4K and 8K TVs from 2018 to 2022. Offer ends January 31, 2023. Valid only for new subscribers to Apple TV+ in your region, age 13+. Limit one offer per TV and Apple ID. Plan automatically renews at your region’s price per month until cancelled. Requires iTunes/Apple Media Services account. Terms and Apple Privacy Policy apply; see the applicable terms at . Compatible products and services required. Cannot be combined with other offers providing access to the same service. Apple TV+ is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion.
      3 Voice command available in twenty-two languages.
    • By News Reporter
      While flying cars are still quite far away from being a real thing, some of the ideas we used to have about life of the future have turned into a reality. Smart living powered by Internet of Things (IoT) devices is a perfect example. Through its industry-leading IoT technologies, LG is more committed than ever to providing consumers with an all-around better quality of life by enabling connected smart homes powered by ThinQ.
      To give travelers a taste of this smart living far away from home, LG Taiwan partnered with two accommodation providers in the city of Yilan, located on the nation’s northeastern coast, to offer a much-needed escape from the hustle and bustle of urban life.

As part of this two-year partnership, LG Taiwan teamed up with
      link hidden, please login to view for the launch of the “LG ThinQ One-Bedroom Pool Villa” – a luxurious villa featuring modern, white décor and plenty of natural light. This elegant space also features minimalist wooden furniture and access to a private pool, Zen garden and hot spring so guests can rejuvenate their minds and bodies, freeing themselves from all outside distractions.
      For the most advanced and unique smart home experience, the villa’s guest rooms are packed with popular LG smart home appliances, smart TVs and AV products so that they can try everything and experience how easy it is to control them all on the ThinQ app.

During their stay, guests can activate, schedule and view the status of the home’s appliances anytime through the smartphone provided in their room, and utilize LG OLED TV’s Home Dashboard or smart speakers to control them remotely, ensuring people of all abilities can experience the smart life powered by LG.

On entering the picturesque villa, travelers can place their outerwear in LG Styler to eliminate the germs they collected on their travels. For guests who just enjoyed a quick swim, LG dryer can gently dry their clothes to eliminate damp odors without damaging the most delicate of fabrics. Moreover, guests can enjoy high-quality multimedia entertainment with LG Ultra HD 4K OLED Smart TV, which can also be used to monitor and control the smart appliances, such as turning on LG PuriCare AeroTower or PuriCare dehumidifier to create the most comfortable indoor space even during rainy, humid days.

To follow up its first collaboration with the in 2021, which brought to life the “HA House Autumn,” LG Taiwan created a second ThinQ home this year called the “HA House Summer”, which is even more smart and comprehensive than the first, setting a new benchmark for the era of smart travel accommodations.

“HA House Summer” is a 5-story home converted from the personal residence of DEZU Group’s founder. Featuring a simple yet modern white exterior design, the building itself utilizes large floor-to-ceiling windows to create a living space that harmonizes with surrounding nature.

This sprawling house is filled with LG’s full range of Wi-Fi-enabled smart home appliances, including LG DUALCOOL air conditioner, LG PuriCare 360° Air Purifier, LG PuriCare AeroTower and LG QuadWash dishwasher. Guests can turn on each floor’s air conditioner via the ThinQ app before entering to enjoy a cool temperature and fresh air as soon as they step inside.

The wireless, portable XBOOM 360 Bluetooth speaker provides immersive surround sound while LG StanbyME, a 27-inch wireless touchscreen monitor with movable stand, lets guests enjoy audio and video entertainment on the outdoor turf, at the pool, in the basement’s gaming room and everywhere in between.

What’s more, the second floor is furnished with home furniture appliances from the LG Objet Collection, including LG WashTower, LG Styler and LG CordZeroThinQ A9 Kompressor+ vacuum cleaner, while the popular InstaView Door-in-Door refrigerator is installed in the first-floor kitchen. The LG Objet Collection’s natural color palette evokes comfort and familiarity through its light pastel colors and elegant earth tones which harmonize with nature.

Continuing its collaborations with global travel and accommodation providers, LG will ensure the smart life is no longer limited to the home and the most instantaneous smart services will be harnessed to create a minimalist lifestyle with infinite possibilities during travels.

Contributed by LG Taiwan
      # # #

• By dennis101
      Just purchased this and the set up is driving me nuts. I have a Sony reciever that I use for my audio out as well as HDMI device switching. The output of the reciever is going to HDMI 1. The TV audio out is set to HDMI (ARC) device.  When watching devices directly connected to the reciever (cable box, roku, DVD, Tivo), audio out is fine. If I try switching to the smart menu or the antenna, there is no audio going from the TV back to the reciever. I also have a Roku I can use for streaming, but not for OTA.  Should I just route everything directly into the TV, and use the optical out to get sound to the reciever? Also since setting up the TV and remote there is strange interaction btween the TV and the reciever. I noticed that my cable box, dvd, and roku all show up devices attached to HDMI 1, and clicking on that device will change the input on the reciever, but I have no control over the reciever from the LG remote, volume and muting buttons have no effect. Also there soesn't seem to be anyway to control my Fios cable box, a Motorola HD QIp 7100-1. I have the IR blaster sitting right next to it