Free new powerboard for LG OLED TV

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

@Dave Howard I have seen some reports back in October 2020, for specific LG models and years, and I think it was initially for some Korean models. Here is a list I just spotted, on the Which UK site:

Posted Images

5 answers to this question

@Dave Howard I have seen some reports back in October 2020, for specific LG models and years, and I think it was initially for some Korean models. Here is a list I just spotted, on the Which UK site:

Electrical Safety First announced today that LG OLED TVs from five different ranges were being recalled. The models affected are: 65-inch LG OLED65E6 – 2016 65-inch LG OLED65B7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65C7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65E7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65W7 – 2017

Read more:

link hidden, please login to view

This seems a very late message/announcment, so be very wary of any "odd" looking premium numbers to ring, or any "spammy" information. Best ring the official LG support in your country to check it is legit.

uk/news/2020/10/product-recall-lg-4k-oled-tvs-recalled/ - Which?
Edited by td47
typo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, td47 said:

Electrical Safety First announced today that LG OLED TVs from five different ranges were being recalled. The models affected are: 65-inch LG OLED65E6 – 2016 65-inch LG OLED65B7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65C7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65E7 – 2017 65-inch LG OLED65W7 – 2017

Read more:

This seems a very late message/announcment, so be very wary of any "odd" looking premium numbers to ring, or any "spammy" information. Best ring the official LG support in your country to check it is legit.

uk/news/2020/10/product-recall-lg-4k-oled-tvs-recalled/ - Which?

Thank you for your in depth reply 👍

Attached is the photo of the message.

IMG-20210418-WA0000.jpg

@Dave Howard Thanks for the feedback and screenshot.If you choose "More" what extra info does it provide? Hopefully it shows what site to go to,or phone number to ring.

They will probably need your TV model and serial number, and maybe a copy of your purchase receipt. I see from a ZDNET article, it also goes up to 2019 manufactured TV sets.

36 minutes ago, td47 said:

@Dave Howard Thanks for the feedback and screenshot.If you choose "More" what extra info does it provide? Hopefully it shows what site to go to,or phone number to ring.

They will probably need your TV model and serial number, and maybe a copy of your purchase receipt. I see from a ZDNET article, it also goes up to 2019 manufactured TV sets.

My wife took the picture while I was at work and she didn't go to 'more'. Too scared lol.

But this message has not popped up again as yet. If it does while I'm home then I will go to 'more' and update my findings here.