Quantcast

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi! You can use the "sure app" if you are on Android and once downloaded to your smartphone activate the location option on your smartphone and  connect it to the home network where the CX  tv is conn

Hi! I suggest you get the first released firmware with the CX 48, if you can't find it get the 2nd one, and format the usb stick to NTFS or if you did that and it did not work try fat32 format has the engineering firmware migth use that format who knows give it a try and do your downgrade, and if for some reason it still not working try to use a smartphone has a usb stick because it got a battery on his own and because of your engineering firmware that could mess up the power of the usb port, just dropped your LG_DTV folder to internal storage, and plug in the usb port of the tv with the data transfer usb cable original, and do your downgrade. Pray for any of this to work, I tried to help you but i do not know what you see on the tv and what really causing you not been able to update or change the firmware, you did not put any picture of what you have on the screen, and if the remote is not working try to use the physical buttons on the tv to get to what you want, if you got the tv wired with network cable to an internet box you migth try to use an android app has smartfy lg remote tv and connect your phone to your home network trought wifi it migth work that way, good luck and say if you got lucky

Get your CX 48 TV firmware from this link: 

link hidden, please login to view

just change the /uk/ in the link to your country initials by exemple /es/ for spain or /fr/ for france

once there set your exact model number like by exemple  this one from uk is OLED48CX5LC or the 2nd is OLED48CX6LB,  yours is different so check your model number at the back of your tv

Then scroll down to software section and get the only firmware that should be available depending on your country, in uk its Software_File(Version_03.21.18).zip

Download the one for your country tv if exist

And unzip it check in the unzipped folder 📂 if there is any useless file has a readme.txt file if there is remove it and let solely the software file update and rename the folder to LG_DTV and past that folder to a usb stick formated to NTFS plug in your CX usb port chose one in the back of your Tv, you migth get a message prompt that saied " update firmware detected 03.21.18 is older the your actual software 03.33.02 we can't update" something like that or maybe it might do the update because its an engineering firmware, who knows ? I don't 

But get the Android or Apple application Smartify lg tv remote from kraftwerk 9 inc, download the app on your phone and connect your phone to your home network through wifi and connect the tv to home network with the network cable linked to the internet box, then connect the downloaded remote app to tv then scroll down near the bottom to find the "software update" option. It' ll trigger the advanced software update menu. Browse with your normal LG remote to the firmware location that's on your usb drive. Select the firmware and proceed to the downgrade or to the update has you want to call this.

If you succeed then come back and say you were lucky. Good luck hope this work

10 hours ago, Steel said:

Get your CX 48 TV firmware from this link: 

link hidden, please login to view

just change the /uk/ in the link to your country initials by exemple /es/ for spain or /fr/ for france

once there set your exact model number like by exemple  this one from uk is OLED48CX5LC or the 2nd is OLED48CX6LB,  yours is different so check your model number at the back of your tv

Then scroll down to software section and get the only firmware that should be available depending on your country, in uk its Software_File(Version_03.21.18).zip

Download the one for your country tv if exist

And unzip it check in the unzipped folder 📂 if there is any useless file has a readme.txt file if there is remove it and let solely the software file update and rename the folder to LG_DTV and past that folder to a usb stick formated to NTFS plug in your CX usb port chose one in the back of your Tv, you migth get a message prompt that saied " update firmware detected 03.21.18 is older the your actual software 03.33.02 we can't update" something like that or maybe it might do the update because its an engineering firmware, who knows ? I don't 

But get the Android or Apple application Smartify lg tv remote from kraftwerk 9 inc, download the app on your phone and connect your phone to your home network through wifi and connect the tv to home network with the network cable linked to the internet box, then connect the downloaded remote app to tv then scroll down near the bottom to find the "software update" option. It' ll trigger the advanced software update menu. Browse with your normal LG remote to the firmware location that's on your usb drive. Select the firmware and proceed to the downgrade or to the update has you want to call this.

If you succeed then come back and say you were lucky. Good luck hope this work

Hi friend. First, thnks so much for your input.

Can't find "Software update" option in the app. They must have removed it i'm afraid.  

Hi! I'd like to know something did you plug the USB drive with the LG_DTV folder containing the software file on the CX usb port ? And what did you see ? What happened ? 

And did you use the smartify lg tv remote at that time ?

And did you click on the apps button inside the smartify lg tv remote, scroll down and see if there is a "software update" option ?

And if there is just hit the button !

But they migth have removed it, but it migth be also that the option appears only when the tv detect a firmware ?

Did you use an Android phone  or an Apple ios Iphone ? Simple curiosity. 

Could you please answer me today ? 

Hi! You can use the "sure app" if you are on Android and once downloaded to your smartphone activate the location option on your smartphone and  connect it to the home network where the CX  tv is connected, open the "sure app" and hit add new device, select TV, select LG, then pairs with the CX by inputting in the "sure app" the code that appears on TV and confirm.  Restart the process of unzipping the software update file.zip, go to the unzipped folder, copy the only file in that folder with the " .bin" extension, past it in a folder name LG_DTV  that you have created in the root of your usb drive, if you want you can rename that usb drive "UPDATE" I do not think its necessary but give it a try, then plug the USB drive in the usb port on the back of your Tv, then go to the "sure app" hit "LG TV" then hit the checkered square in third position from the right, and scroll down to the bottom end, you will see the "software update" option, hit the "software update" option, and finish with your original Lg tv remote, browse to the file location on your usb drive and proceed to the downgrade or update, if all works the tv will reboot or it migth ask you to restart the tv once you confirm, then turn off if asked, wait 5 min then start the TV and let it set the web os, then agree to the user agreement and set your tv, enjoy and come back to say that your are lucky ?

NB: I tried the "software update" option on my tv nothing happened, but I had no usb drive with firmware plug to the tv, so I think it's normal behavior has it migth  only works when a firmware file is detected by the TV. 

Please try this now and come back to explain what happened it may be useful for base knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Paganus changed the title to Solved