Quantcast

LG In stop key

Rahulk5380

Question

I purchased LG webOs tv and recently it was resetted to Factory mode. When it turned on a message was floating on the screen: press Instop key to go to user mode.

Since the remote that came with Tv didn't have that button so I called customer care of LG. The lady asked me to reset the tv to do Factory reset and even after that I was getting the same message on my screen. Then the lady said that if any of the technician will visit the house for this issue then I'll need to pay him ₹400 as service fee.

Now my question is why this Instop button is not available on the user remote, which came along with TV ? Is it valid to pay technician ₹400 just for pressing Instop key which is available only in service remote ?

4 answers to this question

@Rahulk5380 I spotted this on YouTube, but he states that it not work on all LG TV's. You do not state what model, or when you purchased it, so I am not sure if this even covers your model. Give it a go anyway, as it seems you have nothing to lose, and it cannot get any worse. No guarrantees offered of course, do this at your own risk:

link hidden, please login to view

On 3/26/2021 at 2:16 PM, td47 said:

@Rahulk5380 I spotted this on YouTube, but he states that it not work on all LG TV's. You do not state what model, or when you purchased it, so I am not sure if this even covers your model. Give it a go anyway, as it seems you have nothing to lose, and it cannot get any worse. No guarrantees offered of course, do this at your own risk:

link hidden, please login to view

Thanks for the help but I already tried this one and it's not working. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JohnS
      Hi, 
      New user on here. 
      I bought this new TV last week and it is honestly driving me bananas. 
      When I click "Home" after using an App, etc, it brings me to the WebOS interface but then automatically selects the last used device (e.g. Fire stick, LG Channels, etc) despite me not wanting it to. 
      Is it possible to disable this, i.e. "Home" brings me to WebOS and stays there? I'm sure its a setting etc which I'm missing. 
      Device is LG UQ91 43 inch 4K Smart UHD TV, pretty sure its all up to date. 
      Thanks in advance. 
    • By JohnoFon
      I am using an LM6300PLA, WebOS version 05.30.11
      When I try to record a series from the Live TV - using input the satellite connection - the first episode records correctly, but subsequent episodes all stop after 3 minutes.
      What am I doing wrong?
      Further annoyances are that I can't just set it to record all episodes of a particular show (the way my HUMAX Freesat does), but only 'repeat recording on specified days' with no end-date.
      Does this mean that the recorder has no access to the Electronic Programme Guide, but just sets a time and duration? If the broadcaster reschedules the programme does the recorder just pick up the replacement?
    • By Liron Barakiva
      It's must be easy enough  to do. Separate the screen off from screen saver. I'm not even asking for a shortcut for screensaver for older models (C9) because it must be too much to ask. 🤦‍♂️
    • By Alley Cat
      I am currently using this TV only to view internet content.  I am using the built-in wifi and ethernet connections.  But the TV starts up into maximally loud static every time and I haven't found a way around this.  Just about anything else would be better.  It could autodetect and mute the static.  Or it could start into the Apps screen.  Or it could start into my preferred app.  Or it could just start into a blank screen.  Whatever.  Just not loud, loud static.
      I read someone was able to set parental controls to get rid of the cable channels so it didn't start into static but that didn't work for me -- I deleted and locked all static channels but it still starts up into one of them.
      I guess more people have had success giving it an HDMI input and setting that as default -- I can't find the menu item to do that, maybe I need to actually connect an HDMI input? I don't have one readily available.  It seems silly to spend money on an extra streaming box to mostly do things that are built into my $900 TV, because it was designed to blast static on my speakers every time it starts up.
      So -- are there any other possibilities to solve this problem? 
    • By BobD
      Model 43UP75006LF. Latest WebOS.
      I have connected my Synology NAS. Using WebOS's Media Server I can select a MP4 video. When the video starts to play, up pops the filename and various other bits of information.
      Is there a way to stop this? VLC, for instance, has a setting to stop this annoying pop-up.