Quantcast

LG In stop key

Question

I purchased LG webOs tv and recently it was resetted to Factory mode. When it turned on a message was floating on the screen: press Instop key to go to user mode.

Since the remote that came with Tv didn't have that button so I called customer care of LG. The lady asked me to reset the tv to do Factory reset and even after that I was getting the same message on my screen. Then the lady said that if any of the technician will visit the house for this issue then I'll need to pay him ₹400 as service fee.

Now my question is why this Instop button is not available on the user remote, which came along with TV ? Is it valid to pay technician ₹400 just for pressing Instop key which is available only in service remote ?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

@Rahulk5380 I spotted this on YouTube, but he states that it not work on all LG TV's. You do not state what model, or when you purchased it, so I am not sure if this even covers your model. Give it a go anyway, as it seems you have nothing to lose, and it cannot get any worse. No guarrantees offered of course, do this at your own risk:

link hidden, please login to view

On 3/26/2021 at 2:16 PM, td47 said:

@Rahulk5380 I spotted this on YouTube, but he states that it not work on all LG TV's. You do not state what model, or when you purchased it, so I am not sure if this even covers your model. Give it a go anyway, as it seems you have nothing to lose, and it cannot get any worse. No guarrantees offered of course, do this at your own risk:

link hidden, please login to view

Thanks for the help but I already tried this one and it's not working. 

9 hours ago, davexnet said:

Is there any difference between the INSTOP reset and the factory reset available through the

normal TV settings?

Not sure about that one. There's only Factory reset available i.e., there's no Instop reset.