My new gallery series OLED TV died after less than two months. For weeks now, I have been calling LG support for help. The have created multiple repair tickets, but they have not been to get a repair technician out to fix the problem.
LG keeps trying to outsource the repair to 3rd party service companies. Does anyone know how I can find a local tech that works for LG to come out and fix it?
If not, what recourse do I have?
I'd like to easily stream/cast some movie files (.mkv, .mp4 etc...) on my Ubuntu 21.04 PC to a LG Smart TV having WebOS 4.9.x.
Both TV and PC are connected on the same LAN network via ethernet cable!
My router does not provide any UPnP feature!
I tried to use (with no success):
- Kodi - enabled UPnP/DLNA and shared my library, then right clicked on a movie and ran "Play using", selected "TV" but I was not able to see anything on my LG TV (i went to Movies and Photos and did not see any remote device or other stuff) (does this method nroamlly work? Maybe there is something wrong with my Kodi / Router configuration? What screen do I have to access on the LG TV to see the DLNA devices?)
- Integrated Ubuntu "Media Sharing" (see https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/04/home-media-server-ubuntu-2004/) - same as above, I could not see any device from the TV when this option is enabled
- VLC UPnP feature - same as above
What options do I have, without buying any additional device like Chromecast, Raspberry PI etc...?
By Bobs Reviews
I watch a conservative news channel, channel 138, newsmax, and in the middle of a story commercials pop up and interrupt the story.
I've turned off LG channels plus, and add customization, and that has done no good. I canceled my cable, and signed up with Hulu to avoid the commercials. Now on top of regular TV commercials LG inserts its own garbage.
I also understand Samsung, and Sony are doing the same thing. My assumption is whoever the IPTV provider is, they are the ones inserting the commercials, and the major TV brands use the same service for all of the TV brands.
This is unacceptable. My future plan is to not buy one of these major branded TVs. It's not bad enough that we are inundated with commercials on cable, and network TV, now there are inserting commercials on an IP stream.
Disgruntled TV owner, thanks for listening.
Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA