Quantcast

Update 06.00.05

tskrypek

Question

LG 55SJ8500 USA running 05.80.55

Just notified that software update 06.00.05

is available for my tv, presently running

Has anyone installed this update? How did it go?

I typically wait for 1 to 2 weeks to see if there is any negative feedback.

Thanks

Terry

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

11 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Superplonk said:

Hi Terry. 

After installing the above update the Smart Home menu pops up on the screen for a few seconds  every time it is switched on. 

It's not a big problem but kind of irritating as it never happened before. 

You can turn it off through settings—> General—> Home Settings —> Home Auto Launch

Good morning.  This is the first time I write in the forum.  Forgive me for my bad English.  I have the model lg sj810v and my TV updated to 6.00.05 firmware.  Since then the problems started while until then I had none.  Sometimes movie playback crashes on usb while before not, I have tried the same movies on another old lg and it plays just fine.  The remote control often freezes and they have to wait several seconds for it to come back on and most importantly I have a serious problem with the wifi.  It constantly disconnects me, when it connects it locks once at 1.5 mbps another time at 15 mbps etc. and not at the 50mbps it locks before the upgrade.  All this in the band 2.4 because in the band of 5 it locks in 0. And all the problems of wifi are in the download, in the upload they are perfect.  All the other devices I have connected to the network work perfectly.  I have tried to reset the TV, I have unplugged it for 1 hour nothing.  And all this after the upgrade.  What can I do, can I go through 6.00.05 again and maybe it has not "sat" well?  Or can I go through the previous 5.80.35 when I had no problems?  What do you suggest to me?  Thank you very much.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:40 AM, dimitrisarta said:

Good morning.  This is the first time I write in the forum.  Forgive me for my bad English.  I have the model lg sj810v and my TV updated to 6.00.05 firmware.  Since then the problems started while until then I had none.  Sometimes movie playback crashes on usb while before not, I have tried the same movies on another old lg and it plays just fine.  The remote control often freezes and they have to wait several seconds for it to come back on and most importantly I have a serious problem with the wifi.  It constantly disconnects me, when it connects it locks once at 1.5 mbps another time at 15 mbps etc. and not at the 50mbps it locks before the upgrade.  All this in the band 2.4 because in the band of 5 it locks in 0. And all the problems of wifi are in the download, in the upload they are perfect.  All the other devices I have connected to the network work perfectly.  I have tried to reset the TV, I have unplugged it for 1 hour nothing.  And all this after the upgrade.  What can I do, can I go through 6.00.05 again and maybe it has not "sat" well?  Or can I go through the previous 5.80.35 when I had no problems?  What do you suggest to me?  Thank you very much.

I have very similar problems. Did you find any solution?

I have 6.00.05 firmware version too. But since the TV updated, if I turn on the TV the download speed on all other devices are reduced extremely. When the TV is off, the download speed is between 20-30 Mbps, when the TV is on (no application started), the download speed is reduced to between 0.4-1 Mbps.

@mesteradam Any bugs/problems with the TV after a firmware update should be reported directly to LG support in your country, that is the best way to get problems fixed. This site is only a peer-to-peer enthusiasts advice forum, and has no business connection, so cannot push for fixes, or fix up firmware.

That being said, for this model, there IS the previous firmware level available (05.80.35) as well as this new (buggy) one. If you follow the instructons for downloading it on to a PC/laptop, and copy it to the  ROOT of a USB stick (i.e. NOT inside a named folder), then plug it into the TV USB port. NOTE: the TV might NOT allow going back to the older level, but as it is still published there, you MIGHT be lucky in this case. You have nothing to lose by trying it. Don't leave it too long, as I am not certian how long the old level will be there for.

link hidden, please login to view

@mesteradam I saw on another thread, that the TV Screen-Share function can have a bad effect on the home network.

"Did the trick for us - gone from 0.5 to 100Mbps after disabling Screen Share (press the sources button - took me a while to find this as it's not in the Settings) and restarting the TV. Never would have guessed! "

Bumping this.

I am having all kinds of issues with 06.00.05 on my 55UJ7700-UA. The menus often freeze or don’t work at all. The input selection almost never works without restarting the TV, which takes a solid minute now.

I looked at the suggested downgrade firmware linked above but my TV model isn’t listed, so I’m weary to try it. Any other suggestions for fixing this issue?

Hello,

I have a lot of problems with 06.00.05,

The remote controller freezes when I want to pause a video for example, after 30 sec it fixes, I do not anything, and happens again.

Sometimes audio and video sync is broken, video lags for a couple of seconds and to catch up the sound it gears up.

Suddenly Netflix progress counts 1,2,3... %25 and stops and stucks.

I have tried to reset the device three times and there is no new update.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Hello Guys,

I have a solution.

This forum is Turkish.

Let me I try to translate:

This guy explained with pictures, he removed the blue adhesive tape on the white cable from both sides and separate them each other and the problem resolved.

Including me many people have tried the solution, it worked.

Be very careful removing and separating the tape.

On 7/3/2021 at 4:14 PM, ykurtulus said:

Hello Guys,

I have a solution.

This forum is Turkish.

Let me I try to translate:

This guy explained with pictures, he removed the blue adhesive tape on the white cable from both sides and separate them each other and the problem resolved.

Including me many people have tried the solution, it worked.

Be very careful removing and separating the tape.

I'm tempted to try this...

Has anyone tried?