Quantcast

HDMI freeview signal issue

Question

So I recently purchased a new tv LG 50UN80006LC 
I also have an LG home theatre system modal BH7440P
for the freeview I have. ONE FOR ALL SV9143 Full HD Amplified Indoor TV Aerial

using 2 sandstorm hdmi silver edition 3m 
And sandstorm optical cable 3m silver edition  

So my tv Setup is Xbox one,PS4 connect via hdmi all work fine I have my freeview aerial connected to the back as standard I have optical from tv to home theatre system for sound for all
When I connect my home theatre system blu ray player via hdmi to tv my freeview signal completely drops when I unplug the hdmi from the blue ray signal comes back 

is this a defective home theatre system or tv or aerial I’m completely stuck and confused

thanks 🙏

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Yeah you where right picked up a new aerial today fitted with and much better picture and all the interference has gone so I think the use of a cheap aerial I had sitting behind the tv was just interf

Posted Images

11 answers to this question

@Sampike999 Firstly, indoor antennas are RARELY good enough for Digital HD, unless you are about 2K from the transmitter (even if amplified)! Best get a PROPER roof antenna.

When you plug in any HDMI souce, the HDMI-CEC kicks in, and the TV will GO to that input. Did you try changing inputs back to the Freeview+ (Live TV)?

Is the HDMI input marked as ARC or eARC on the back of the BH7440P by the way?

Yeah so when I plug the hdmi from the br player in to the tv and yeah I am using input number one that’s is named arc I then go over to my freeview input and the signal has completely gone if leave it on freeview and unplug only the blu ray player then signal comes back 

@Sampike999 Try turning off the HDMI-CEC control for the HDMI port that is causing the issue. It will be called "Simplink"  in LG-speak.

If that is still a problem, try then also turning off the "Quick start+ option on the TV settings, as I hear  this can cause odd issues. To do that:

1. Press the Home/Smart button on your remote to bring up your launcher bar.
  2. Click the Settings icon in the top-right.
  3. Choose the All Settings option at the bottom.
  4. Choose the General menu from the left.
  5. Under Quick Start +, set it to Off.

SIMPLINK is usually under the General settings:

LG_SIMPLINK.thumb.jpg.110214855501ab8ebb523a97b0c68e2b.jpg

@Sampike999 I am a bit confused about your setup. The BH7440P has THREE HDMI ports, 2 inputs and 1 output.  Presumably the 2 INPUTS are used for the XBOX and PS4.  If the HDMI OUTPUT is going to the TV,then this should cary the sound EITHER WAY if it and the TV are ARC/eARC connected and fully supported (by that, I mean when a DVD is playing, then sound goes FROM the player TO the TV, and when the TV is providing the programme source, sound then goes from the TV INTO the Home Theatre system, just like a normal AVR). Therefore I think your should NOT need the TOSLINK/Optical cable AS WELL, and I think that may be the problem (unless there is some other technical issue or need for it). Try this.

Remove the optical cable, then keep the HDMI OUT to TV cable connected, then in the TV settings, ensure you set the SOUND output mode to HDMI, and NOT optical. Then power down (unplug, NOT just standby) the TV AND the BH7440P, turn on the BH first, then the TV, then retest.

By the way, I still think that the SV9143 indoor antenna might be an issue, if you can get a roof mounted antenna, it would be best.

Yeah you are correct about the surround sound hdmi input and output and I am using optical/toslink cable for sound because whenever I put the hdmi out from BH7440P to the tv I lose all signal from the freeview/live tv like something is interfering with the signal as soon as I unplug the hdmi from BH7440P the signal comes back 

So regards to my issue I was up in my loft and found an old aerial so I set that up with satellite cable (ct100) and that has seem to doubled my channels on freeview and some of the interference with signal 

Another question is freeview picture quality normally poor as mine are watchable but no way are they 4K uhd 

@Sampike999 How old is that aerial? The reason I ask, is that older ones were not really good enough for digital TV. Also, I tried to get a good signal (years ago now), with a loft mounted aerial, and it was no good at all. I had to have a chimney mounted one, AND on a 2 foot mast, AND a signal amplifier, as the transmitters were about 18 to 25 KM or so away.

By the way, unless you have a SKY/Foxtel/FETCH TV, or 4K APPLE TV box, you will NOT YET get ANY actual 4K transmissions on terrestrial Freeview TV, you will be lucky to get 1080P,  some are only720P (but they still call it "HD". The TV WILL upscale, but it is not perfect, and it WILL all need a GOOD STRONG signal so as not to have to cope with signal noise.

As regards the signal dropping when you plug in the HDMI cable, I have never heard of that happening, so I suspect a hardware issue in the BH amp device.

@Sampike999 If it is old, it might not have enough director elements at the front (signal shaping devices for better directional pickup for the actual antenna loop rod  near the back end), and might not be wide band (to get all the channels you want). Also, old aerials tend to have corrosion, that can mean signal leakage, or oxidised terminals, making your 80 OHM signal matching way off.

You can get a good aerial from Bunnings, see here:

link hidden, please login to view

Do you have a friend with a TV that you can test your BH player/amp with, for the problem?  Of course if he has a good aerial signal, you might only see the issue with your setup! Or maybe even borrow a spare TV to test with.

Edited by td47
Minor clarification

Yeah you where right picked up a new aerial today fitted with and much better picture and all the interference has gone so I think the use of a cheap aerial I had sitting behind the tv was just interfering somehow but all is good problem solved 

thanks for the help 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      [Check out the previous episode of the 2021 Tech Trends series ]
      The third and final installment of Beyond News’ 2021 Tech Trends series focuses on how LG products can make working and entertaining at home more enjoyable and fulfilling.
      Given the environment the world now finds itself in, devices and gadgets that offer better at-home productivity and entertainment solutions loomed large at this year’s CES. The biggest names in consumer tech offered up a multitude of innovations in their virtual showrooms geared toward making life better for the millions who now work and play primarily within the confines of their homes.
      As a consumer electronics company, LG has always had its finger on the pulse of what customers want and need. With its latest innovations in monitors, laptops and projectors, LG is helping consumers optimize their lives at home, whether they’re partaking in a marathon video conference call, wrapping up a class project, mashing the keys of their favorite MMORPG or kicking back with a blockbuster movie or bingeworthy show.

A popular upgrade for working at home is a bigger monitor. LG UltraWide Monitor offers the best of two worlds, with an expansive 40-inch curved screen that displays more information so you can be even more productive, while also delivering a truly cinematic viewing experience once the work day is done. Boasting a Nano IPS display with 5K2K UltraWide (5,120 x 2,160) resolution and 21:9 aspect ratio, this multitasking powerhouse boasts 33 percent more screen real estate than a 16:9 aspect ratio sized monitor with picture quality that makes every movie and video more immersive to watch.

While also ideal for getting work done, LG UltraGear gaming monitors really excel when there is some serious fun to be had, with its blazing speed, sharp and smooth image quality, futuristic design, and a multitude of gaming-specific features. LG’s UltraGear series offer an ultra-fast Nano IPS 1 millisecond Gray-to-Gray (GTG) response time and reduced input latency, ensuring seamless visuals and gameplay around. Most importantly, minimal screen-tearing and stuttering makes games look and feel more realistic so you can play your very best.

For a more portable work option that can be easily transported from the living room to the dining room (and anywhere in between), one would do well to consider LG’s latest LG gram laptops. Available in 14-, 16- and 17-inch screen sizes, the 2021 gram models boast 16:10 aspect ratio displays that are perfect for laptop multitasking. Equipped with the latest Intel processors, speedy memory and responsive keyboards, LG grams deliver a performance befitting their sleek, premium designs.
      Stylish, slim and very lightweight, the 2021 LG grams feature narrower bezels that make it possible for these devices to feature screens larger than their svelte cases might indicate.

Movie-going has been seriously curtailed in many countries due to social distancing measures. And while some might consider a TV, monitor or even a laptop adequate for movie night at home, real cinephiles would likely bristle at the prospect. LG’s new CineBeam 4K UHD Laser projector was designed for such consumers in mind, delivering an authentic movie theater-like experience that will please even ardent cinema buff.

The advanced projector provides optimal image quality regardless of the brightness of the room, thanks to LG’s proprietary Brightness Optimizer technology. What’s more, this portable 11 kilogram unit can transform wall or ceiling into a “silver screen” so audiences will get great picture quality whether seated or lying down.

With a wide range of choices to suit a wide variety of needs and preferences, LG’s latest innovations make it easy to work and have fun from the comforts of home.
      # # #
      *  Images simulated to enhance features. May differ from actual use.

• By News Reporter
      [Check out the first episode of the 2021 Tech Trends series .]
      This installment of Beyond News’ 2021 Tech Trends series focuses on how LG’s products are helping people stay healthier wherever they go.
      Staying healthy goes hand in hand with practicing good hygiene both inside and outside the home. And if CES 2021 is anything to go by, appliances and devices that promote better hygiene will be one of the major trends in consumer electronics this year and quite probably for the foreseeable future. Always responsive to the needs and concerns of its global customers, LG showcased several products and technologies at its virtual CES exhibit that are designed to boost hygiene and protect people’s wellbeing. Let’s take a look at some of the company’s latest health-centric innovations and how they can make life better.

For anyone who feels that a conventional face mask just doesn’t do enough to keep them safe, or is too uncomfortable to wear on a daily basis, LG presents the revolutionary LG PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier. The innovative device uses two H13 HEPA filters to prevent up to 99 percent of harmful particles from entering the wearer’s respiratory system,1 and makes breathing easy (unlike your average face mask) with its DUAL Fans and the patented Respiratory Sensor, which syncs the fans with the user’s breathing cycle. And thanks to a design based on extensive facial analysis, the PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier also offers day-long comfort.

The LG PuriCare Wearable is just one of the company’s growing lineup of premium air-care solutions, which also includes residential models and a handy portable option that is great for cars, cafés or even a baby’s stroller! Fast becoming a must-have item in the home and office, air purifiers can rid the indoor environment of fine dust particles and other airborne matter that can be detrimental to one’s health.

LG PuriCare 360° Air Purifier boasts a distinctive 360-degree design and powerful fan that enables the device to send out fresh, filtered air in every direction and to all parts of the room. A great option for those who share their abode with furry friends, the LG PuriCare Pet eliminates pet-related odors up to 55 percent more effectively than the standard LG PuriCare 360° model.2 With its specialized Pet Mode, it can draw in pet hair, as well as dust and other microscopic particles as small as 0.01 micrometers in size thanks to HEPA Filter3, to help keep the home free of sneeze- and itch-inducing allergens.

And then there is the PuriCare Mini Air Purifier, a model that provides supreme portability with a size and weight equivalent to that of a plastic, 500 milliliter bottle of water. Fitting easily on a desk, table or car seat, PuriCare Mini can refresh the user’s immediate environment for up to eight hours on a single charge and also collects dust from the air to ease allergy-related problems.4 What’s more, the Bluetooth-enabled device lets users monitor the quality of the air around them via the LG ThinQ app for smartphone.

In conjunction with effective air purification, a high-quality vacuum cleaner is essential to creating a healthy, hygienic place to live. Making its debut at CES 2021, LG’s latest cordless stick vacuum, the CordZeroThinQ A9 Kompressor+, comes with a brand-new charging station that automatically empties the vacuum’s dustbin. This outstanding feature saves users from a messy job and prevents dust from escaping back into the environment.
      Another excellent feature of the new CordZero model is its ability to transform from vacuum to mop (and back again) with its easy-change cleaning attachments. With the Power Mop attached, LG’s multifunctional cleaning solution sucks in dust while wetting and cleaning the floor. Conveniently, water is automatically dispensed into the mop head to keep it from getting dry, thereby ensuring optimal results and minimizing fuss for the user.

LG even provides a way to remove germs and bacteria as well as allergens5 from clothes while simultaneously delivering that freshly dry-cleaned look without any expensive, time-consuming trips to an actual dry cleaner. Introducing the amazing LG Styler.
      From jackets to dresses, from business shirts to pants and winter coats, LG Styler can refresh and revitalize all kinds of clothing as well as items like teddy bears and backpacks. The Styler uses LG’s TrueSteam® technology to ensure the hygiene of users’ garments, and moving hangers to shake out any unsightly wrinkles. It also has the Pants Press feature built into its door, which creates a sharp pants crease that helps users look good and frees them from the hassle of ironing.

Assisting consumers and their loved ones to stay healthy both inside and outside the home, the latest solutions from LG deliver impressive hygiene benefits and peace of mind. And during these trying times, those are two things that can really mean a lot.
      Stay tuned for future installments of TECH TRENDS here at LG Beyond News.
      # # #
      1 Blocks 99.95 percent of harmful particles with 99.95 percent elimination rate H13 HEPA filters, removing micro particles such as dust, virus, bacteria and allergen. Certified by TÜV Rheinland for eliminating 97.3 percent of viruses and 93.5 percent of bacteria in 8m3 room and 99.1 percent of pollen in 3m3 room with ambient temperature of 25°C (± 2°) and relative humidity of 50 (±10) percent. Product specifications may vary depending on regions and performance results may vary depending on environmental conditions and other external factors.
      2 Test conducted by TÜV Rheinland comparing maximum suction of PuriCare Pet (model AS190DNPA) and standard PuriCare (model AS199DWA) in 8m3 lab at temperature of 23.0° C (± 5.0°) with a relative humidity of 55 percent (± 15 percent). Results may vary depending on environmental conditions and other external factors.
      3 Test conducted by Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials (KIMM). Based on internal testing methods using PuriCare 360° (AS281DAW) in a chamber of 30m3. Results demonstrated that, on average, LG PuriCare is at least 95 percent effective at deodorizing ammonia, acetaldehyde, acetic acid, toluene and formaldehyde. It is also 100 percent effective at removing toluene, and formaldehyde from an enclosed environment (KIMM standard test conditions: 4m2, substances used in test: SO2, NO2). Results may vary depending on environmental conditions and other external factors),
      4 Test conducted by Intertek for clearing 99% of 0.3㎛ particulate matter at the High Speed Mode(H) within 155 minutes in the space of 8m3. Results may vary on depending on the environment and use of the unit.
      5 Test conducted by Korean Apparel Testing and Research Institute (KATRI). Steam Hygiene option sanitizes 99.99 percent of harmful bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Pneumococcal bacillus, for 6.4 kilograms load, the international standard test load. Also, certified by the British Allergy Foundation (BAF) for reducing 99.9 percent of house dust mite allergens and Esche-richia coli and Staphylococcus aureus bacteria. Certified as an asthma and allergy friendly® appliance by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA).

• By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By Khamikaze
      Hi Everyone,

OK, so what does it take to have full Chromecast support in LG TVs (webOS)?
      a. Either builtin support.
      b. Via webOS app.

The goal / use is simple as any other Chromecast device / TV: be able to say to "hey Google, play this video/music from service-X to LG-TV".

Looking forward to good news and your thoughts.

Thanks,
    • By fynotfi
      Why do I constantly keep getting a box appearing on the screen warning that HDMI port one is disconnected, I have a HUMAX HDR‑1100S connected to this port which when turned off keeps displaying this message box, tv is LG OLED55E7N WEBOS 3.5
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By jaculson
      I have a LG TV model: 47LB652V-ZA, webOS version 1.4.0-2523 (afro-ashley). Why isn't Spotify supported for this TV if its from 2014 and it says that devices from 2013 and onwards will be supported
    • By Greg Bryant
      I'm trying to add channels using LG's guide / channel manager to favorite groups.  When I try to select a channel to move to the favorites group, the app tunes to that channel and closes; never giving me the opportunity to add it to my new group.  I was going to add all channels and try to remove the ones I don't want in that group but I can't because there's a limit.
      At first, I thought the issue was the 'remote control' input the TV created when I added my Direct TV remote (I had all my HDMI connections through my home receiver with only one HDMI connection to the TV) so all the inputs on the TV were listed as HDMI 2 with different names.  Going through the receiver, I had a 'set top box' HDMI 2 input, PS5 HDMI 2 input, etc.; when I attempted to add the direct tv remote control option to the 'set top box', the software created a new input - Direct TV on HDMI 2 but the set-top-box remained.   Initially when I tried to add a channel to my favorites, the software would change from the direct tv input to the set-top-box input and tune to that channel ( I thought it was confused by the basically the same input twice).  However, I connected the Direct TV input directly to the TV and the channel favorites editor still tunes to the channel selected and closes the app.
      Any ideas?
      I'd really like to pair down the channel list to only what I watch in a few categories.
    • By Greg Bryant
      Does anyone else have an issue with the CX not displaying inputs after an input selection change?
      I found a YouTube video discussing this issue: 
      and in one of the comments, someone recommended disabling the Quick Select+ option; someone else suggested disabling the AMD Freesync option to fix the issue.
      I did both and that seems to correct the issue, but these are features that I paid for.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Just wondering if I have a defective unit.
      Thanks,

• By td47
      FYI: while researching some other LG mysteries, I came across this GREAT site with VERY good visuals explaining the different model numbering schemes for all the older and newer LG models.
      This goes from 2011 through to 2020, and is very comprehensive and easy to understand, so hats off to whoever put this all together:

link hidden, please login to view Apologies if this has been posted before (and the experts on here may know this stuff already), but even if in the middle of a thread, I think it deserves its own seperate topic. I am sure it will help someone.. 😊