I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom.
Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
1. Download LgDTVUpDater [ | ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your
5. Save and exit
6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
12. Restart TV
13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions
For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings
NSU EMU BY SMX
If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found
link hidden, please login to view.
By Ravichandran S
My TV was bought in 2014 55UB850T-TA with WebOS TV version 1.4.0-2337 (afro-ashley).
I recently purchased the Disney hotstar subscription. But in the above version the LG content store does not show the Hotstar
As per the news in this link we are eligible to upgrade to WebOS 2.0. But the automatic updates does not say it as WebOS 2.0 but still WebOS 1.4
link hidden, please login to view Why this discrimination for old users of LG TV? How will I install new apps in this TV?
Similar Tagged Content
Hi, I'm new here.
I have a 43LF6300-TA WebOS TV. I have upgraded it to WebOS4.0 just recently because I was trying (in vain) to access WIFI and LAN connection hoping maybe the updated firmware might fix the issue somehow.
Previously, I cannot update any smart tv app and all. After the firmware update, the screen says WIFI or LAN is connected but still I cannot update nor access any smart app or internet etc.
If I click on an app, it says update needed. If I click on update, NETWORK ERROR 3 appears. I have a Samsung UHD TV, and setting it up to WIFI or LAN was a breeze.
Need your help on this issue.
thank you in advance.
I recently bought a new LG Smart TV: 65UF6450
At first, all the "smart" functions worked just fine. I was able to use my Netflix, Amazon Prime, Google Video and install new apps from the LG Content Store.
Starting on the 1st of January 2016 I noticed that I cannot even start the LG Content Store page anymore for some reason. As a result I cannot install any new apps, I cannot update the existing ones (and some of them, like Google Video would not even start before they are updated). Each time I try to open the LG Content Store or to update an app, the TV hangs for a while, and then I see a black screen displaying the following message:
link hidden, please login to viewfile not found.
I also noticed that if I go into Quick Settings/Advanced/General/Account Management(Sign In) it takes a while and then I see the following message:
The network is unstable
But my network is just fine and Netflix, Amazon Video are working just fine.
So, it looks very much as an issue on LG side. I think it may be related to the LG Cloud services being discontinued, but I'm not sure. I tried to call the LG support, but it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Waiting 20 minutes for any kind of help and then giving up.
1. Does anyone experience the same issues with their LG smart tvs recently?
2. What is the reason for these issues?
3. Is there any official statement from LG conforming this issues and providing some information about when they are going to fix it?
4. Are there any temporary workarounds? I.e. are there any ways to install new apps and update the existing ones in the meantime?