Blackorchid

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

@Blackorchid The Integra DRX 3.3 looks nice, I am jealous! 😊 Do you have the Main/ARC HDMI (DRX Output) connected to the ARC/eARC HDMI on the TV, and Sound settings for all sound to go out via the HDMI? That way, even if the DRX is in standby, the sound SHOULD come from the TV channels AND APPS (it does on my Yamaha anyway - but I think I can turn off the standby input for TV sound, but I left it on anyway - as CEC turns my unit on anyways).

Do ALL APPS do the same, or do some work? Do all your other inputs (DVD player, set-top-boxes) work OK for sound? These should ALL go into the DRX first, unless you have technical HDMI-CEC compatibility issues.

Thanks for your promt reply👍. I do have the DRX connected properly and to the main eArc HDMI on the tv.  The Xfinity cable box works fine and we get sound from the av. no sound in any of the apps, eg You Tube, Apple TV, etc.  We don’t have a dvd hooked up.  If I turn off the receiver the sound defaults to  the tv for the apps. I have selected hdmi ARC for sound in the tv settings. Love the tv.

@Blackorchid From what I read on a couple of forums, there is a BIG issues on the industry generally, with ARC/eARC implementations (as the standard is fluid, and keeps changing). Some LG firmware updates fix some things, and break others, notably ARC stuff. LG local countries are aware of some problems, but LG Korea are ignoring pleas.

I spotted this workaround for certain LG models, try it on your TV if it has these settings:

" GO TO LG MENU AND GO TO PICTURE, NOW GO TO ADDITIONAL ,AND HIGHLIGHT DEEP COLOUR AND THEN TOGGLE THE DEEP COLOUR ON DOT TO OFF . Wait a second and your AUDIO WILL COME BACK!"

I noticed that in desperation, some users have resorted to connecting the TV via an optical TOSLINK cable to get around this, which is ridiculous IMHO.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JB Atw
      When trying to use apps that need an internet connection I get an error (-106) saying that there is no connection. When I go to settings -> Network -> Wifi it says that wifi is turned off and I need to turn it on to see available networks. Well there's no switch or option to turn wifi on. I've had it connected to wifi before. Also sometimes it disconnects and then I have to go back in and tell it to connect again. This is the first time its said the wifi was off.
      I did a google search and the results that came up were for WebOs 1.0, even though it was written in 2017, and I have WebOs 3.0. It said hold the settings button until a box appears in the top right of the screen and input 0 0 0 0 then adjust the baud rate. First no box shows up on the 3.0 and two its not the baud rate I'm trying to adjust.
      I tried calling customer support to get to technical support. The automated system is garbage by the way. Then I found out they are only open Monday through Friday as if customers never have a problem on the weekend.
      This is my third stop looking for an answer. This problem is causing my dislike of LG products to grow even more. So if anyone has had this problem and figured it out I would greatly appreciate your help and thanks in advance for your time and help.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      Product - from Settings -> General -> About this Tv
      Software version = 05.30.02
      TV Information  = [LG] webOS TV OLED55C6P
    • By SS1003602
      I have recently shifted from UAE to India. I have 55" LG 3D smart TV model no. 55UB8301. My problem is 1. I can not change country from UAE to India in settings -Country option because India is not available in the list.
      2. I can not download any app which are normally available in Indian smart TVs like Hotstar/Sonyliv/Amazon prime etc.
      3. In screen mirroring option using my Android phone, I can play any video stream from mobile to smart TV BUT only Amazon prime videos are not played. 
      Can anyone help me for above issues...?
    • By Ronald
      Hi 
      I just updated to firmware version 06.00.20 on my LG oled C7V and now my sound drops out occasionally.  It's with Netflix which is on the TV and via external receiver. I have a soundbar, so I think it's creating an ARC issue.
      Somebody else having these issues?
      Greetings Ronald

• By News Reporter
      On the occasion of the local debut of LG’s new LG QNED Mini LED TV series, LG’s team in Hong Kong was determined to create an experience that was memorable and elegant without exposing the audience to unnecessary risk.
      The result, LG Experience Museum, merged LG’s diverse lifestyle products with works of art. As the star of the show, LG QNED Mini LED TV offered a stunning and immersive viewing experience with deeper blacks and more accurate colors, inviting visitors to a unique and dynamic experience.

But LG Experience Museum had even more to offer.
      After pre-registering online, visitors were treated to a special tour of LG Experience Museum and its three unique experience zones – Vintage Zone, Artistic Zone and Black Addict Zone – each offering an exploratory journey into the history of LG’s many innovations.

Adorned with a geometric-patterned backdrop and trimmings reminiscent of the ‘60s and ‘70s, Vintage Zone offered a look back in time to witness the evolution of LG TVs. In this space, the LG Serie 1 Retro Classic TV with its primitive cathode ray tube (CRT) technology set the mood.

The theme of Artistic Zone alluded to the minimalistic and timeless design of LG’s products, with LG PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier and LG TONE Free TWS earbuds posing with historical sculptures. Here, visitors could get up close to both the 4K and 8K versions of LG QNED Mini LED TVs, with their bright, vivid colors on flawless display.

And in stark contrast to Artistic Zone, Black Addict Zone communicated a darker, more luxurious look and feel. Here, LG OLED TV and LG UltraFine Display OLED PRO took center stage against the black backdrop, illuminating the space with their self-lit displays.

In this zone, visitors could experience together for the first time LG’s “The Black Range” of appliances consisting of LG InstaView Door-In-Door® refrigerator, LG Vivace washing machine, LG Styler and LG CordZero wireless vacuum cleaner, representing state-of-the-art designs in classy, chic black.

Throughout the exhibition, guests were given the opportunity to engage with their social media circles to win concert tickets. All fun and informative time for all, LG Experience Museum not only introduced LG’s newest product innovations in style but also demonstrated how they were making Hong Kong lives better.
      Contributed by LG Hong Kong

# # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Dafnix
      I have LG 70uk7000yva, when looking for wifi network I get a message that wifi is turned off. I couldn’t find anywhere on system how to to turn in on. 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Stanley Nishanth
      Can the bluetooth on the LG TV allow support for 2 bluetooth headphones at the same time?  
      or
      Have bluetooth and TV audio play at the same time?

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Ian Mikutel
      Just purchased a new C9 65" and when playing YouTube videos at any speed faster than 1x on WebOS, the audio in the video distorts. A friend confirmed the same on his LG. Is this a known issue, any workarounds, or anyone we can notify on WebOS team to help address?
    • By mohanga
      I have two question :
      1. There is no sound we i play jio cinema in web os browser.
      2. When jio tv and airtel tv app will be available in lg tv
    • By Jose Antonio Campo
      Dear Friends ,
      Really looking forward to your help and support
      My problem is i can not make work the HDMI ARC conection between TV and Sound Bar

So far:

TV LG OLED55B7P-S (latest firmware)
      Sound Bar LG SK9Y (latest firmware)
      NVidia Shield Pro 2017 (latest firmware in my region, waiting for Oreo)
      HD Set Top Box Arris/Motorola (Cable) HDMI
      Used the device manager on the WebOS to connect the Sound Bar , assigned HDMI ARC , Simplink , and tried both auto power yes and no, sound test did not work

NVidia shield connected to SK9Y HDMI IN , HDMI OUT (ARC) to TV LG HDMI 2 (ARC)
      Works fine image and sound, sound of course is ok as it goes from NVidia to SK9Y directly

HD cable top box to TV LG HDMI 4 and I get no sound from the TV thru the HDMI ARC port (previously establish  HDMI 2 (ARC) to sound bar)  
      I plug in the optical and works fine, Internal tv speakers works fine , BT fine….everything works but the HDMI ARC.

What I am doing wrong?  I am worry it may be a HDMI ARC port problem, TV Is about 3 months old, soundbar is about 2 weeks old

Thank you in advance