Quantcast

Great site for decoding the LG TV model numbering

FYI: while researching some other LG mysteries, I came across this GREAT site with VERY good visuals explaining the different model numbering schemes for all the older and newer LG models.

This goes from 2011 through to 2020, and is very comprehensive and easy to understand, so hats off to whoever put this all together:

link hidden, please login to view

Apologies if this has been posted before (and the experts on here may know this stuff already), but even if in the middle of a thread, I think it deserves its own seperate topic. I am sure it will help someone.. 😊

• Like 1

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FYI: while researching some other LG mysteries, I came across this GREAT site with VERY good visuals explaining the different model numbering schemes for all the older and newer LG models. This g

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      The YouTube Originals documentary received its offline debut this week on LG’s massive high definition digital billboard in New York’s iconic Times Square. The feature-length documentary, which premiered on YouTube over the weekend, is directed by Academy Award winner Kevin Macdonald and executive produced by the prolific Ridley Scott.

Life In A Day 2020 debuted on YouTube on February 6, when it also became available on the YouTube app on smart TVs including LG’s award-winning LG OLED TVs. The feature-length documentary is a collaboration between YouTube and LG Electronics and is composed entirely of selected contributions from people around the world who filmed their day on July 25, 2020.

Ten years after the original Life In A Day, YouTube and the filmmakers asked people all over the world to record their lives to tell the story of a single day on Earth. The filmmakers received more than 300,000 submissions, nearly four times the number of submissions to the previous film, which includes thousands of hours of footage from 192 different countries, in more than 65 languages.

Directed by Academy Award-winning director Kevin MacDonald (The Mauritanian, One Day in September, The Last King of Scotland), and executive produced by Ridley Scott (The Martian, Gladiator) and Kai Hsiung (Lords of Chaos), Life In A Day 2020 aims to showcase just how extraordinary life can be on an ordinary day.

“We are proud to collaborate with YouTube to feature this incredible and moving documentary live in Times Square on our LG digital billboard,’ said Peggy Ang, head of marketing at LG USA. “We hope visitors to Times Square will take a moment in their own daily life on February 8 to watch a part of Life In A Day and then enjoy its full impact at home with their families on an LG OLED TV.”
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Highest Fourth-Quarter Sales and Operating Profit in LG’s History,
      2020 Profit Also Sets New Company Record

SEOUL, Jan. 29, 2021 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) announced a strong year with 2020 revenues of KRW 63.26 trillion (USD 56.45 billion) and record-setting operating profit of KRW 3.20 trillion (USD 2.85 billion), an increase of 31.1 percent over 2019, driven primarily by higher sales of premium home appliances and OLED TVs as well as strong growth in vehicle component solutions.
      Sales in the fourth quarter of KRW 18.78 trillion (USD 16.76 billion) grew 16.9 percent from the same period of 2019 and were 11 percent higher than the previous quarter. Despite the impact of COVID-19, the quarter’s operating profit of KRW 650.20 billion (USD 580.19 million) increased significantly by 539 percent compared to the fourth quarter of 2019.
      While COVID-19 and slow economic recovery remain concerns for 2021, LG expects the global economy to normalize under the sound fiscal policies of world governments and the successful implementation of vaccinations. In 2021, core technologies such as AI, 5G, IoT and mobility will be widely applied to various LG business areas.
      The LG Home Appliance & Air Solution Company ended another healthy year with record 2020 revenues of KRW 22.27 trillion (USD 19.87 billion), an increase of 3.5 percent increase from the previous year, and operating profit of KRW 2.35 trillion (USD 2.10 billion), another record. Results reflect increased sales of new appliance categories and the home appliance rental business in South Korea. Fourth-quarter revenue of KRW 5.54 trillion (USD 4.94 billion) was the highest fourth quarter in the company’s history, an increase of 20 percent year-on-year with double digit growth in South Korea, North America and Europe.
      The LG Home Entertainment Company reported 2020 revenues of KRW 13.18 trillion (USD 11.76 billion) and operating profit of KRW 969.70 billion (USD 865.29 million), a 22.9 percent increase over the previous year. Sales in the quarter of KRW 4.28 trillion (USD 3.82 billion) were 7.9 percent higher than the fourth quarter of 2019 and up 16.7 percent from the previous quarter. Quarterly operating profit of KRW 204.50 billion (USD 182.48 million) reflected increased sales in North America and Europe.
      The LG Mobile Communications Company announced full-year 2020 revenues of KRW 5.22 trillion (USD 4.66 billion). Fourth-quarter sales of KRW 1.39 trillion (USD 1.24 billion) were 4.9 percent higher than the same quarter of 2019 but 9.2 percent lower than the previous quarter due to shortages of 4G chipsets and sluggish sales of premium smartphones in overseas markets. The full-year operating loss totaled KRW 841.20 billion (USD 750.63 million), reflecting increased marketing investments to support flagship devices, partially offset by fixed cost reductions due to manufacturing efficiencies.
      The LG Vehicle Component Solutions Company reported sales in 2020 of KRW 5.80 trillion (USD 5.18 billion), growth of 6.1 percent over 2019. Revenues in the fourth quarter of KRW 1.91 trillion (USD 1.71 billion) were 41.3 percent higher than the same quarter the previous year driven in large part by the recovery of demand in key automotive markets including North America and Europe and higher sales from new projects. The modest fourth-quarter operating loss of KRW 2 billion (USD 1.78 million) improved year-on-year and quarter-on-quarter due to sales increases aligned with the recovery of market demand in the second half, as well as improved cost management.
      The LG Business Solutions Company achieved 2020 revenues of KRW 6.01 trillion (USD 5.36 billion) with an operating profit of KRW 457.88 billion (USD 408.51 million) due to demand growth for IT products related to remote working and online learning. Fourth-quarter sales of KRW 1.51 trillion (USD 1.35 billion) were 4.8 percent higher than the same period of 2019, while quarterly operating profit was KRW 70.30 billion (USD 62.73 million), lower than the previous year due higher prices for major components and global logistic costs. The market for information displays is expected to improve as global demand recovers while demand for IT products continues to grow. The company’s solar module business is expected to improve with increased demand for renewable energy in major developed markets.
      2020 4Q Exchange Rates Explained
      LG Electronics’ unaudited quarterly earnings results are based on IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) for the three-month period ending December 31, 2020. Amounts in Korean won (KRW) are translated into U.S. dollars (USD) at the average rate of the three-month period of the corresponding quarter — KRW 1,120.66 per USD.
      Earnings Conference and Conference Call
      LG Electronics will hold a Korean / English conference call on January 29, 2020 at 16:00 Korea Standard Time (07:00 GMT/UTC). Participants for the conference call are instructed to call +82 31 810 3130 and enter the passcode 6418#. Visit http://pin.teletogether.com/eng and pre-register with the passcode provided. The corresponding presentation file will be available for download at the LG Electronics website (https://www.lg.com/global/investor-relations-reports) before the call.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      SEOUL, Jan. 8, 2021 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) today announced its preliminary earnings results for the fourth quarter and full-year of 2020.
      LG reported revenues of KRW 18.8 trillion in the fourth quarter of 2020 with an operating profit of KRW 647 billion, 536 percent higher than the same quarter the previous year. Both sales and operating profit are the highest ever reported for a fourth quarter in LG’s history.
      Record full-year sales of KRW 63.3 trillion marked the fourth consecutive year in which revenues exceeded KRW 60 trillion. Operating profit for the year is expected to be KRW 3.2 trillion, setting another LG record, an increase of 31 percent over 2019.
      These figures are the tentative consolidated earnings based on K-IFRS provided as a service to investors prior to LG Electronics’ final earnings results including net profit. Details regarding each division which will be announced officially later this month.
      # # #

• By CrunchyBrunch
      Hello everyone, I have this issue with my 49" LG TV (Model number: 49UN71) that has just been stuck on WebOS 03.10.60 with no way to update it to the latest version of WebOS. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I think that it's a bit particular that my 2020 TV is running a firmware update from 2017 with no updates on the horizon. Please leave a comment if you know what I might do in this situation!
      Thanks
    • By Yaswanth
      Looking for airtel Xstream app for webOs in LG554T. Please add it. This app is available in google play store & app store
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By jaculson
      I have a LG TV model: 47LB652V-ZA, webOS version 1.4.0-2523 (afro-ashley). Why isn't Spotify supported for this TV if its from 2014 and it says that devices from 2013 and onwards will be supported
    • By Greg Bryant
      I'm trying to add channels using LG's guide / channel manager to favorite groups.  When I try to select a channel to move to the favorites group, the app tunes to that channel and closes; never giving me the opportunity to add it to my new group.  I was going to add all channels and try to remove the ones I don't want in that group but I can't because there's a limit.
      At first, I thought the issue was the 'remote control' input the TV created when I added my Direct TV remote (I had all my HDMI connections through my home receiver with only one HDMI connection to the TV) so all the inputs on the TV were listed as HDMI 2 with different names.  Going through the receiver, I had a 'set top box' HDMI 2 input, PS5 HDMI 2 input, etc.; when I attempted to add the direct tv remote control option to the 'set top box', the software created a new input - Direct TV on HDMI 2 but the set-top-box remained.   Initially when I tried to add a channel to my favorites, the software would change from the direct tv input to the set-top-box input and tune to that channel ( I thought it was confused by the basically the same input twice).  However, I connected the Direct TV input directly to the TV and the channel favorites editor still tunes to the channel selected and closes the app.
      Any ideas?
      I'd really like to pair down the channel list to only what I watch in a few categories.
    • By Greg Bryant
      Does anyone else have an issue with the CX not displaying inputs after an input selection change?
      I found a YouTube video discussing this issue: 
      and in one of the comments, someone recommended disabling the Quick Select+ option; someone else suggested disabling the AMD Freesync option to fix the issue.
      I did both and that seems to correct the issue, but these are features that I paid for.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Just wondering if I have a defective unit.
      Thanks,

• By Sampike999
      So I recently purchased a new tv LG 50UN80006LC 
      I also have an LG home theatre system modal BH7440P
      for the freeview I have. ONE FOR ALL SV9143 Full HD Amplified Indoor TV Aerial
      using 2 sandstorm hdmi silver edition 3m 
      And sandstorm optical cable 3m silver edition  

So my tv Setup is Xbox one,PS4 connect via hdmi all work fine I have my freeview aerial connected to the back as standard I have optical from tv to home theatre system for sound for all
      When I connect my home theatre system blu ray player via hdmi to tv my freeview signal completely drops when I unplug the hdmi from the blue ray signal comes back 

is this a defective home theatre system or tv or aerial I’m completely stuck and confused

thanks