Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The supplier of the application(DSTV) mentioned that the application is available on the software/firmware that runs on the TV. The supplier of the application does not mention any model that is is not running. It must be LG that does not  make the application available on all models that is running the  LG webOS that the supplier of the app requires. Maybe LG wants us to buy new TV's. The app is available in South Africa and the TV is also set the correct region and country. We got the app running on Samsung and Apple.

On 12/14/2020 at 6:35 AM, DavidW said:

The LG content store do NOT show DSTV NOW app.

The TV details:

Model no           49UF770T - TA

Manufactured 2015

LG webOS          : 4.6

Hi @DavidW

You list your TV as having webOS 4.6, however I am guessing that is probably something to do with the firmware number not the OS version.  The TV was released with webOS 2.0, and I am not aware of a unit being upgraded from v.2.0 to anything more than v.3.0.

Many content providers have either never or have dropped supported support for v2.0 and some such as HOTSTAR do not support v3.0 for their app.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By jaculson
      I have a LG TV model: 47LB652V-ZA, webOS version 1.4.0-2523 (afro-ashley). Why isn't Spotify supported for this TV if its from 2014 and it says that devices from 2013 and onwards will be supported
    • By OKtay Sa
      Hi there,
      i have an 65oled9flb (webos).

i want to install the app IPTV Smarters Player but i cannot find it in the content store.

I tried different country's for LG Services to obtain it but no one worked.

Any one an idea?

I read that there are different apps in the store regarding what tv you have and which region you are. Does anyone have more information about that? Maybe they didn't support oled tvs or i don't know what else could be the reason.

Greets 
      Oktay
    • By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By Esteban Díaz
      After recent update my browser changed, now, it looks better and fluid but control play and pause buttons don't work in browser video player anymore.
      Is there a way to fix it? Maybe a downgrade?
      It is really annoying can not play and pause the videos

• By KevinH
      I just got a new TV (43UN7000PUB) and can’t get HomeKit to work properly.  It works fine when the TV is on but won’t work when the TV is off.
      I have seen several threads on this and done some research but did not find a resolution.
      I read several threads that blamed it on the Magic Remote and Bluetooth.  This TV does not have the Magic Remote so I think that can be ruled out.
      One thread pointed out that when the TV is off it loses it’s LAN connection and it’s WI-FI connection and said that could be the problem.  I can confirm this is true with mine as well.  This argument makes perfect sense to me as all connections would be lost when the TV is off.  
      If anyone can help I’d surely appreciate it.
      One thread said the problem was fixed with a FW update.  But that was with a different model and a different FW than mine.  As I recall from memory it was something like FW xx.35.10 and it was a 55” or 65” TV.  My firmware says it is current with version 3.21.36.
      Maybe a moderator could confirm the firmware fix already exists for this issue.  If so, could you please see that it gets pushed out to all HomeKit TVs instead of just that single model?
      Thanks in advance for any help or comments.  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Jeroen Jansen
      Hi all,
      hope someone can help me. I have a LG 49LX761H model 2016. I know it’s a hospitality tv but turned that mode off it works perfect. We upgrade the webos to the latest version available but the content store is not available. Is this function not available on this model or do I need to turn something on. Hope someone has the answer. Thanks
    • By Jagadeesh Venugopal
      I have got LG smart TV from US, it was configured and working there. In India, after restoring the default settings, I am unable to see Content Store , which blocking me installing any app. please help.. 

Cheers,
      Jagadeesh 
    • By swapnilhworld
      I have LG42LF6500.
      Its not showing content tabs like 3D content, Movies, Videos inside content store.
      it is only showing 3 tabs, 1. premium, 2. apps and games 3. My Page.
      What settings are needed to show all contents?
      Is it a bug?
      Thanks in advanced.
    • By romix
      Hi,

I recently bought a new LG Smart TV: 65UF6450

At first, all the "smart" functions worked just fine. I was able to use my Netflix, Amazon Prime, Google Video and install new apps from the LG Content Store.

Starting on the 1st of January 2016 I noticed that I cannot even start the LG Content Store page anymore for some reason. As a result I cannot install any new apps, I cannot update the existing ones (and some of them, like Google Video would not even start before they are updated). Each time I try to open the LG Content Store or to update an app, the TV hangs for a while, and then I see a black screen displaying the following message:

link hidden, please login to viewfile not found.

I also noticed that if I go into Quick Settings/Advanced/General/Account Management(Sign In) it takes a while and then I see the following message:

The network is unstable

But my network is just fine and Netflix, Amazon Video are working just fine.

So, it looks very much as an issue on LG side. I think it may be related to the LG Cloud services being discontinued, but I'm not sure. I tried to call the LG support, but it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Waiting 20 minutes for any kind of help and then giving up.

Questions:

1. Does anyone experience the same issues with their LG smart tvs recently?
      2. What is the reason for these issues?
      3. Is there any official statement from LG conforming this issues and providing some information about when they are going to fix it?
      4. Are there any temporary workarounds? I.e. are there any ways to install new apps and update the existing ones in the meantime?

Thanks!