Quantcast

How do I delete a media server from my TV?

Taigini

Question

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a new LG SmartTV (43UN71) and I see it is connected to a laptop of my roommate (who doesn't own the TV). It is connected as a media server and this is really bothering me, because they have streamed Youtube once to my TV (by accident), but I do not remember ever granting permission for their laptop to connect to my TV. 

How do I remove their laptop as a media server from my TV?

Thanks in advance!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@Taigini Your "room mate" is presumably using YOUR internet service, therefore using the same Home network that your TV is on? if so, then the ONLY way I can think of to stop him doing that, is to log into your router, and create a "guest" account for him to use exclusively, with his own account and password.  Then you will have to change the "normal" WiFi password and keep it secret.

If you have never logged into your router before, Google the make/model details for the default account, and PLEASE change the admin account password from "admin" to a secure password if not done already, otherwise it opens up a BIG security hole for hacking. The check if you model supports guest accounts (many do, just for your sort of situation, or for when friends stay over).