Quantcast

Can I use my portable HD to see LG recorded stuff on a laptop

Alanf

Question

2 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Laurence
      I have an LG65UR80006LJ and when I plug my portable hard drive in to one of the USB ports, it lights up and sometimes the thumbnail folder gets added by the TV (I can see it when I plug the drive back into my PC) and twice now it has operated as expected and it appears as a device on the media app.
      But it has only worked correctly twice and now doesn't find the drive at all, despite me having reformatted it and only add one file to the root directory (the first page if this makes sense; not buried in sub folders.)
      Before I box the TV back up and send it back, is there anything else I need/can do as my 12 year old Philips smart tv has no problems what so ever finding the drive and playing the media on it?
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      Laurence 
    • By Alex
      ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Aug. 15, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA today announced the U.S. pricing and availability of its new StanbyME Go portable screen, a versatile and unique all-in-one entertainment option. Housed in a convenient and durable suitcase with a built-in battery and speakers, the LG StanbyME Go is the ideal travel companion for on-the-go entertainment. Priced at $999.99, the StanbyME Go will be available later this month, exclusively at 
      link hidden, please login to view, and will include a special preorder offer1 of a free LG XBOOM 360 Bluetooth Speaker (XO3QBE) ($299.99 SRP). Preorders are expected to ship later this month.   Housed in a convenient and durable suitcase with a built-in battery and speakers, the LG StanbyME Go is the ideal travel companion for on-the-go entertainment. The LG StanbyME Go’s 27-inch LED touchscreen is attached to a stand within a sleek case, and can be tilted, rotated, raised and lowered while in landscape and portrait orientations and table mode. video technology and Dolby Atmos® stereo sound." data-facebook-share-url="https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/2185690/LG_StanbyME_Go_27LX5_2023_LifestyleImage_Game_2.jpg?p=facebook" data-linkedin-share-url="https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/2185690/LG_StanbyME_Go_27LX5_2023_LifestyleImage_Game_2.jpg?p=linkedin" data-linkedin-text="StanbyME Go’s built-in 20-watt speaker adapts to the screen’s orientation, providing optimal surround sound, and supports Dolby Vision™ video technology and Dolby Atmos® stereo sound." data-pinterest-share-url="https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/2185690/LG_StanbyME_Go_27LX5_2023_LifestyleImage_Game_2.jpg?p=facebook" data-pinterest-text="StanbyME Go’s built-in 20-watt speaker adapts to the screen’s orientation, providing optimal surround sound, and supports Dolby Vision™ video technology and Dolby Atmos® stereo sound." data-src="https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/2185690/LG_StanbyME_Go_27LX5_2023_LifestyleImage_Game_2.jpg?p=publish" data-sub-html="StanbyME Go’s built-in 20-watt speaker adapts to the screen’s orientation, providing optimal surround sound, and supports Dolby Vision™ video technology and Dolby Atmos® stereo sound." data-tweet-text="StanbyME Go’s built-in 20-watt speaker adapts to the screen’s orientation, providing optimal surround sound, and supports Dolby Vision™ video technology and Dolby Atmos® stereo sound." data-twitter-share-url="https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/2185690/LG_StanbyME_Go_27LX5_2023_LifestyleImage_Game_2.jpg?p=twitter" onclick="omniture_corousal('Carousel Page','Photo Open','https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/2185690/LG_StanbyME_Go_27LX5_2023_LifestyleImage_Game_2.jpg','General');"> StanbyME Go’s built-in 20-watt speaker adapts to the screen’s orientation, providing optimal surround sound, and supports Dolby Vision™ video technology and Dolby Atmos® stereo sound. Priced at $999.99, the StanbyME Go will be available later this month, exclusively at LG.com, and will include a special preorder offer of a free LG XBOOM 360 Bluetooth Speaker (XO3QBE) ($299.99 SRP). The StanbyME Go is LG's new, innovative display and entertainment center that allows users to bring a quality entertainment experience wherever they go without sacrificing convenience or quality. The LG StanbyME Go's 27-inch LED touchscreen is attached to a stand within a sleek case, and can be tilted, rotated, raised and lowered while in landscape and portrait orientations and table mode. StanbyME Go's built-in 20-watt speaker adapts to the screen's orientation, providing optimal surround sound, and supports Dolby Vision™ video technology and Dolby Atmos® stereo sound.2
      Designed with portability in mind, the case features interior compartments to hold accessories and a built-in battery. With up to three hours3 of viewing time between charges, StanbyME Go can easily be transported thanks to a built-in handle that makes it convenient to carry, allowing users to enjoy not only movies and streaming, but games and music wherever they go.
      "Content viewing is no longer confined to the living room or even the home, but until now, consumers have had to sacrifice screen size in favor of portability," said David Park, Head of HE Product Marketing. "LG StanbyME Go makes the full-scale viewing experience travel-friendly and offers a versatile option for streaming, listening, remote working and more."
      Equipped with LG's webOS software, the StanbyME Go supports AirPlay®4 and is screen mirroring compatible with iOS and Android devices to make sharing or streaming a seamless experience. It also supports pairing via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Users can also enjoy hands-free control with StanbyME Go's voice recognition functionality for easily changing channels and searching for content.
      To learn more about all of LG's innovative home solutions, visit LG.com.
      1 Preorder the StanbyME Go and LG XBOOM 360 Bluetooth Speaker in a single transaction on LG.com between August 14 – August 27, 2023 and receive $249.99 instant additional savings off of the pre-tax sale price. Available only on LG.com. Savings will be reflected in the cart when all offer requirements are met. Preorders estimated to start shipping the week of August 28, 2023 and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Items may ship separately. All standard  apply. If any of the qualifying items are removed from the cart or part of the order is cancelled or returned, the promotional savings will be void. Prices and offers are non-redeemable for cash, non-transferable and may not be combined with other offers/discounts. Availability, prices and terms of offer are subject to change without notice.
      2Dolby, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation.
      3 Actual battery usage time and performance may vary depending on network connectivity and application use.
      4 Apple, the Apple logo, Apple TV, AirPlay® and HomeKit are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
      About LG Electronics USA
      LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $63 billion global innovator in technology and manufacturing. In the United States, LG sells a wide range of innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, commercial displays, air conditioning systems, energy solutions and vehicle components. LG is a seven-time ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. The company's commitment to environmental sustainability and its "Life's Good" marketing theme encompass how LG is dedicated to people's happiness by exceeding expectations today and tomorrow. .
      Media Contacts:
            LG Electronics USA                               
      LG Electronics USA  
      Chris De Maria                                         
      Christin Rodriguez    
      [email protected]               
      [email protected]
    • By MrChan
      One of the advantage in watching a TV programmes recorded with 2X speed is that you can save half the time to watch the same programme as others. Software like VLC can do that.
      But now LG TV does not show caption/subtitle when it is played at 2X speed. 
      Please ask the LG developer team to add this feature. 
      Thanks

• By kazimates
      I setup LG 32LJ570U-TA on my office. I record some news or tv channels from satellite on LG TV to usb. But the file extension is not showing to us on computer and I can't play this recorded videos on my pc. How can I play edit or convert this videos of LG TV recorded on my pc?

• By Anilkigal
      I own LG's super Uhd TV 49uh770t, when I try to play my 500 gb and 1tb portable HDD which only have audio and video in them no text ms office file it read this HDD after half and hour and most of time TV restarts it self while playing hdd