How can I play or convert to mp4 of recorded video from tv

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

You can't. Because of copyright reasons all recordings are encrypted and can only be played on the TV they are recorded (as far as I understand it).  

5 answers to this question

On 12/26/2019 at 10:39 AM, kazimates said:

I setup LG 32LJ570U-TA on my office. I record some news or tv channels from satellite on LG TV to usb. But the file extension is not showing to us on computer and I can't play this recorded videos on my pc. How can I play edit or convert this videos of LG TV recorded on my pc?

I would also like to know this.  My Brother-In-Law is an actor and was in Vera on Sunday just gone.  I recorded this onto my hard drive linked to my LG Smart 4K TV but they wont play on my PC.  Does anyone know how best to convert the file(s) to MP4 or something playable.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Yuriy Novak
      Hi All,
      I have discovered a weird bug. If I exit playing .avi file and try to open it again the tv will show an error 'This file cannot be recognised. Returning to list.'
      I guess it stores a timestamp after exiting playing video to resume playing it later from the same position.
      But for some files (in my case avi files) the TV can't resume from a specific time (for some reason).
      I haven't found an option to remove a resume timestamp for a specific file. As a workaround I can rename the file and the TV will play it fine from the start.
      TV: 55UM7100PLB
      webOS TV Version: 4.7.0-50607 (goldilocks2-gulaga)
      Demo of the bug: 
      link hidden, please login to view Thank for any help.
    • By Voo Poo
      Hello,
      LG TV running v 05.10.30 
      When I hit my Home button, it shows me a list all my apps.  AirPlay keeps showing up.  So I delete it.  Next time I turn on the TV is back.
      I do not have the app installed  'My Apps'.
      Any idea why it keeps showing up?
      I would like to remove it permanently, or unless I want it.
      Suggestions?
      Thanks,
      tV
    • By Tony Levy
      I have a brand new LG OLEDC8PLA model and have both an input for my aerial and for my Satellite however i cannot seem to find anyway to switch from watching via my aerial, which is Spanish DTV and then switching to my Satellite to watch UK TV 
      I live in Spain hence the two systems.  When I press the home button on the remote the list is at the bottom  and displayed are LG Content Store HDMI3, LiveTV Freesat etc but no button with the aerial option, so the only way I can switch is to go into the main settings menu select Programme Tuning and switch the programme mode from Satellite to Antenna.
      This does not seem a very smart way to be able to switch
      Does anybody know if you can switch easily?
    • By marcog
      Since a short while (maybe 2 weeks), the youtube app seems to have issues.
      I can only play 2-3 videos consecutively, before it stops loading even the ads that come before each video, black screen only.
      Funny enough, sometimes I am not even able to turn the TV off when this happens.

I already tried:
      - Logout and back into my youtube acc.
      - Uninstall the app from WebOS, turn TV off incl unplug power for 1+ minutes, reinstall the app.
      - Reset the TV to factory default, reinstall everything.

Other apps work like a charm still, eg Netflix, Plex, other web based TV providers for local channels.
      Youtube App used to work just fine for me, I would assume it has to do with a recent update.

For info, I am on a OLED55B7V
      I also am posting a similar help request to the Youtube Forums.
      Thanks for your help!

BR
    • By Cristian Roman
      Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I just bought today this TV and I can’t figure how to sort channels alphabetically. The way that are sorted at the moment, it’s absolutelly impossible to use this tv... :))

So, help would be apreciated 😀