Quantcast

Youtube app NO SOUND

Michelle van Asperen

Question

The Youtube app has been working fine until Friday 27th November.  Switched on as I do every day to see news, and have video but no sound. Did the usual switch off, unplug etc but still no sound Other apps work fine.

I noticed there was an update to this app dated 22/11/2020 but my issue only started later. Have automatic updates "on".  Is this a buggy update?

3 answers to this question

@Michelle van Asperen Please post your LG TV type, and WebOS and firmware level. It might be that the YouTube app update is not compatible with all LG models and WebOS versions, and LG might need to tweak it for your TV.

Have you reported this to your LG support site in your country (this is only a peer-to-peer enthusiasts forum, and is NOT owned or run by LG)?

• Like 1

Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply.   I am in South Africa. My TV is one year old model 49UM7340PVA  Web OS 4.7.1 and besides Geo locked so I cant use a VPN, the Youtube app has been my view of the world. Broadcast TV is is useless and pay- for- satellite TV is  expensive running  dated programs repeated ad nauseum.

I know it is a Users forum and LG take no notice of it. However, there are smart people out there who offer good advice. LG in SA are not any help or they cover up the issues to protect themselves. Had previous experience of this. The components are imported and assembled here  and then say " made in SA". Indeed the operating software is for a geographical area which means  I cant input a code from my VPN to bypass this restriction.

As we only see LG issues, I wonder if people using other makes with Android OS have as many issues?