Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Karan Batra said:

Just make sure DLNA is enabled on QNAP. Never had issues. Also power cycle the tv.

Thanks Karan, good tip. Actually DLNA was enabled on my QNAP. However several settings on the Media Streaming Add on and on the Multimedia Console prohibited my TV to see the movies on the NAS. Now after tweaking these settings, I can see the movies on my TV. Thanks again

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Guy Katz
      this one blows my mind and I dont get how no one complains about this every day
      the built in player by LG does NOT play loseless audio an can NOT pass it even via eArc !!!
      the TV HW is fully capable of doing this. as an example, if you plug in an nvidia shield where the shield is the player, connect the shield to the TV via HDMI and another HDMI to the eArc straight to supporting a supporting eArc component there are no issues... its the LG Built in player that does not support it !!! 
      I bought my TV with eArc exactly to be able to use the built in player (connect to a NAS with my media) and enjoy Atmos. 
      LG, please fix this historical fiasco. its unacceptable!
      thanks for reading...
    • By LGTV55
      Can I get this player that is on my LG TV for my PC?
    • By Zipperhead
      I’m would like to know specifically what triggers the LG smart TV screensaver to come on.  There are multiple apps that while viewing media the Screensaver interrupts viewing.   One would think the tv detects a static image for a set number of seconds.  And also that number of seconds would be let’s say 60 or 120 or even possible be user adjustable.  But no settings exist and the attached video shows that it interrupts video viewing.   I guess they will not let me upload the video.  I guess evidently too incriminating.

IMG_6330.MOV  
    • By dolbnya
      Hello!
      Videoplayer on my TV OLED55C6V has two modes of folders content display: as a list of files with detailed information and thumbnail and as a previews of files with big cover and file name.
      My DLNA-storage contains a cover for each movie file. A cover has the same file name with its movie except of jpg-extension. As I know DLNA-server provides two variants of each picture - full size original picture and downscaled thumbnail (160x160 on MiniDLNA and it is hardcoded). And when I browse the folders of DLNA-storage on my TV I can see covers in list mode and in preview mode. And they looks like something dreadful on my TV because as I discovered TV videoplayer takes a thumbnail from DLNA-server (160x160 max in my case) and crops it to aspect ratio 4x3 and upscales it for showing as a thumbnail or as a cover. Actual displayed cover size in the second case is about 400x300 or even more on UHD-display, so a resulting picture looks like Minecraft.
      But, for example, Windows Mediaplayer displays covers from DLNA properly taking a full size picture (not a thumbnail) and downscaling it to required actual size if necessary.
      Is there any method to make TV use full size picture and downscale it properly for thumbnail and for cover separately or to do something else at all for seeing nice and smooth thumbnails and covers during DLNA folders browsing on UHD-display?
      Thank you in advance
    • By Feroze Mohamed
      Hi am new to the LG world and accidentally realised this feature. Searched online but didn't find anyone mentioning this so thought to share. 

Did you know that the TV can be powered ON not just by the POWER button on the remote? 

1. Power Button : Turns ON the tv and loads previous source or HOME dashboard (takes few seconds)

2. NETFLIX button : Turns ON the TV directly to the NETFLIX app much lesser time to load. 

3. Prime Video Button : Turns ON the TV directly to the Prime Video app much lesser time to load. 

4. Disney+ Button  : Turns ON the TV directly to the VideoDisney+ app much lesser time to load. 

5. Any Digit on the Number pad powers on the TV but no point as the shortcuts do not work. 

If this was a known information then sorry for the post