Quantcast

OLED Failing?

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

7 answers to this question

@Christonian Is the issue on any channel, only specific ones (e.g. HD).  Is it more so with animated films?

First, have you got any extra devices attached (e.g. BD/DVD player, AV amp [AVR], or TV cable box via the AV AMP into the TV eARC HDMI). If so, are ALL of those devices connected via good quality cable that cover HDMI 2.0 or 2.0a (often quoted as 2.1)?  Lower quality ones can be a loose fit and have connection or internal crimp issues.

Second, have you checked that you have the latest firmware update in that TV. I see that the latest might be 04.80.03 depending on your region (copied from AVFORUMS, user post dfa937)?

If no joy with any of the above, I would get it checked or replaced under warrantee.

FIRMWARE INFO: "- 04.80.03 - KR, US, EU, June 2020

• OFFICIAL CHANGE LOG: Apple AirPlay function improvement - (the rest of changes mentioned below are UNOFFICIAL, extracted from the firmware itself)
  • WebOS version updated to v4.8.0-52203
  • The device codec capability configuration for the EAC3 codec changed from 6 channels to 8 channels.
  • The device codec capability configuration (EDID) for the LPCM codec changed from 2 channels to 8 channels, so the 2019 models can Pass-Trough multi-channel PCM audio via eARC ---- this firmware update has a bug which causes eARC to incorrectly mark multi-channel PCM sample rates - rendering some AVRs/Soundbars mute
  • The list of CA certificates was updated.
  • Media server 8K video playback support added.
  • The max size of the saved EPG data was increased (size of the volume increased by 10MB).
  • Airplay application was added to the list of apps that are kept alive.
  • Built-In App-Updates:
  • WebOS Browser App (Chromium) updated (internal version didn't change).
  • LG Advertisement App updated.
  • Firmware updates of the following modules:
  • WIFI
  • Audio DSP
  • HDMI 2.1

@td47 

It has updated itself a few times since buying so I would assume it is up to date on all options

I was using netflix through the TV so no cable issues plus just upgraded them just in case before this to 2.1 48 gbps cables so when I get PS5 I will be able to take full advantage of it 

Using my TV as the main hub and only outputting Earc to AVR for dolby 

Seems to do it on everything like PS4, Switch, Plex and Netflix/Disney/Prime etc so not internet issues as when I game it is just single player games no internet needed

On 9/16/2020 at 8:05 AM, td47 said:

@Christonian Thanks for confirmation.I just spotted this on another forum for LG C9 flickering/flashing bright:

"Its related to the « Logo Luminance » setting...just turn it off and you will be ok".  I do NOT have a C9, so cannot verify that, but it is worth a go. Others said it fixed the issue.

that seemed to work for a few episodes and then started flickering again about 1-2 hrs of use 

@Christonian Interesting that it fixed it for a bit. Sounds a bit like software/firmware IMHO. I would contact LG support directly to see if they know if it is a known issue with the C9 and that firmware update. I think I have seen other complaints about B7 and C9 flickering. Push the issue and insist on a replacement under warrantee if they try to fob you off.

Edited by td47
Typo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By idesai
      The cursor is keep on appearing on center of screen. even after smart remote not getting used. tried also HOME + BACK buttons simultaneously as  suggested in LG user guide to deregister smart remote. 
    • By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By News Reporter
      In the Korea press, readers will often run across the term MZ Generation. No, this isn’t a new K-Pop group but a forced pairing of two groups – Millennials and Gen Z – which the rest of the world views as separate and distinct demographic cohorts. Separating consumers into different generations is useful for researchers and social scientists, who measure and document differences in attitudes and behaviors.
      Similar to how the term untact marketing was coined in South Korea to refer to connecting with consumers intimately but in a safer, more convenient and era-appropriate manner, MZ Generation is meant to more effectively describe the new consumer target that has quickly become the focus of many brands. Millennials (born 1981-1996) and Gen Z (born 1997-2012) cohorts may be distinctly separate in age but there are many similarities in the two groups as well, and this is the point that Koreans seem to find more compelling. After all, according to the Pew Research Center, “generational cutoff points aren’t an exact science.”

Photo Credit:
      What makes Millennials and Z Gen similar – and what Koreans find more relevant, it seems – are that both demographics are digitally fluent, come from diverse backgrounds, care about social justice and climate change, and tend to be more educated than previous generations. When entering adulthood, both have been impacted by economic downturns and uncertainty, such as the 2008 financial crisis and the current COVID-19 pandemic. On a deeper level, MZ share common characteristics in their relationship with brands – it’s all about transparency and authenticity. Both want brands to mirror their values and dynamically cater to their preferences. Such values and preferences can range from beauty/fashion brands featuring ‘real’ women of various colors/shapes/sizes in their campaigns (i.e. ), to food/beverage brands becoming more health-centric/using natural ingredients (i.e. ), to automotive brands making conscious efforts towards conserving the environment via expansion into renewable energy (i.e. ), and so on. Note that all of the reference brands are some of MZ’s favorites.

Photo Credit:
      Where does this obsession with transparency and authenticity come from? It’s fair to assume that such values developed in the post-modern, digital world – as MZers have increasingly grown up with social media, often facing challenges of maintaining their online personas and real-world-selves, as well as discovering truths in seas of misinformation/fake news, they are in constant pursuit of discovering authentic and transparent initiatives.
      If a brand promotes a CSR initiative in a developing country, MZ want to know about it. A brand pledges to become carbon neutral by 2025? They want to know about that as well. MZers are attracted to activities that reflect their values, especially in the context of the brands’ missions – a quality uniquely distinct from any prior generation.

Photo Credit:
      MZ also strive to become the best versions of themselves, expecting brands to play an active role in that journey. Whether by helping them live more sustainably by providing reusable packaging with their foods/beverages, or educating them on how to participate in social justice campaigns by providing resources on how to donate to particular causes, or building platforms via social media channels where MZ can have a voice and make creative contributions. Through such intentional initiatives, supporting MZ in terms of their self-improvement and yet providing them autonomy, brands can become the young generation’s ally and work together to make life truly good.

In that vein, LG has launched the MZ Project aimed at handing the content and creative power over to the young generation, thereby empowering them to craft their own stories and personal brands – be it through music or film. As LG “encourages their diverse and limitless possibilities,” MZ is encouraged to continue their creative and positive contributions to the world, especially in times of such incredible uncertainty.

At the cusp of major milestones in life, MZers are still exploring and learning to understand the complicated nuances of the world – and to have a brand helping them engage with their peers/inspirations, as well as get closer to achieving their dreams, makes their lives a bit easier to navigate. And that’s exactly what LG wants to communicate to MZ – that no matter what they do and where they are, LG is there to support their creative endeavors and ensure that ultimately… Life’s Good.

By Jamie Waltzer, LG Brand Strategy Task
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By News Reporter
      The YouTube Originals documentary received its offline debut this week on LG’s massive high definition digital billboard in New York’s iconic Times Square. The feature-length documentary, which premiered on YouTube over the weekend, is directed by Academy Award winner Kevin Macdonald and executive produced by the prolific Ridley Scott.

Life In A Day 2020 debuted on YouTube on February 6, when it also became available on the YouTube app on smart TVs including LG’s award-winning LG OLED TVs. The feature-length documentary is a collaboration between YouTube and LG Electronics and is composed entirely of selected contributions from people around the world who filmed their day on July 25, 2020.

Ten years after the original Life In A Day, YouTube and the filmmakers asked people all over the world to record their lives to tell the story of a single day on Earth. The filmmakers received more than 300,000 submissions, nearly four times the number of submissions to the previous film, which includes thousands of hours of footage from 192 different countries, in more than 65 languages.

Directed by Academy Award-winning director Kevin MacDonald (The Mauritanian, One Day in September, The Last King of Scotland), and executive produced by Ridley Scott (The Martian, Gladiator) and Kai Hsiung (Lords of Chaos), Life In A Day 2020 aims to showcase just how extraordinary life can be on an ordinary day.

“We are proud to collaborate with YouTube to feature this incredible and moving documentary live in Times Square on our LG digital billboard,’ said Peggy Ang, head of marketing at LG USA. “We hope visitors to Times Square will take a moment in their own daily life on February 8 to watch a part of Life In A Day and then enjoy its full impact at home with their families on an LG OLED TV.”
      # # #

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      Some examples:

• By powder
      Hello friends,
      I have setup a home network in Windows 10, I think it uses DLNA. I can play all the files from the computer or the USB stick in the router with no issue but the external subtitles (correctly named) are not working in my 65C9, only internal ones. 
      If I access the same files in the network from a computer, there is no problem and subtitles are shown, it's only the TV not displaying them.
      Can someone help in how to make external subs work when played from a local network or what to check?

Thanks

• By Adam Slíva
      Hi,
      I have recently bought new OLED55BX. But as soon as I've added channels through satelite tuner I cannot change order of them. I think I'm in right section, because the legend of buttons in the right bottom corner says "change number of channel", "move channel" and so on. But when I press any of these, error pops up saying "cannot change channels from 1 to 778" (probably all of I have found at tuning). If anyone knows how to repair this please help.
      Thanks and Merry Christmas.
    • By frank_1985
      Hi everyone,
      I'm interested in the OLED BX. I would like to know if it is compatible with a 5TB HDD (to be connected and fed through one of the TV USB port).
      LG manuals recommend to connect up to 2TB storage HDDs but don't really state that higher capacity devices are not expected to work.
      Then, I'm not sure how are things with DTS support. It seems that DTS decoding is no longer supported on the 2020 tv sets. But LG web page (updated 08/22/2020) titled "Support Video Playback File Type & Codec" still claims that "TV supports DTS audio codec when USB/HDMI video file playback offers it".
      Can any of you shed some light on these ones?
      Thank you so much.