Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Amir Abulajras

Connectivity problems on lg 43UK6300PLB

Question

Hey guys i live in spain and i have the  lg 43UK6300PLB smart tv.... the problem is my connectivity speed i have 600mbps download and upload at home but the problem is wheni go to smart tv web and go to fast.com or go to speed .net i only get 90mbps max i tried wired and i tried wifi ... and the ping on the tv gets up to 140 to 200 i mean why i checked everything reset everything and i still get that amount as max and when i do the test run on my laptop i get the full 600mbps!!! i am just mad as i couldnt figure it out... i tried all online solutions but nothin!! please help

2 answers to this question

22 hours ago, Amir Abulajras said:

Hey guys i live in spain and i have the  lg 43UK6300PLB smart tv.... the problem is my connectivity speed i have 600mbps download and upload at home but the problem is wheni go to smart tv web and go to fast.com or go to speed .net i only get 90mbps max i tried wired and i tried wifi ... and the ping on the tv gets up to 140 to 200 i mean why i checked everything reset everything and i still get that amount as max and when i do the test run on my laptop i get the full 600mbps!!! i am just mad as i couldnt figure it out... i tried all online solutions but nothin!! please help

The network card in LG TVs are 100mbps, as is the case with the vast majority of other Smart TVs.

@George Hofmeister I am sure you are correct about the LAN side (100mbps, no 1Gbps LAN yet) but most newer LG sets have WiFi 802.11ac support, so that should be much higher than that, especially on the 5GHz band).

@Amir Abulajras  have a look at my post about a snippet I found on another forum (if you are using the 5GHz band, ensure you are using a channel below 100, I find 36 works well - I assume ou are able to log into your router OK) :

"Network/Ethernet/Wi-Fi

Problem: C9 [or other models] will lose the wireless connection and you have to reconnect daily (but wired is stable);
Conditions: TV is connected to a 5GHz router;
Cause:           (1) the router may be unstable on the 5GHz band [possibly too far from router]; (2) the router has the 5GHz band set on a higher channel - over 100;
Resolution: (1) change the TV to the 2.4GHz band OR
                          (2) set the channel [in the ROUTER advanced WiFi settings]!! for the 5GHz band below 100 (ex. 40-50) - [channel 36 is often OK]."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.