Quantcast

“No Signal” From Cable Box

Stefanie

Question

Hello!

Cable was working fine.  Had to unplug TV and cable to reboot because the TV screen kept cutting to black and was up to about 30 seconds each time (it gets progressively longer, until I unplug the TV and cable box, and do the hold-the-on-button-for-10-seconds-and-start-over fix, which has worked in the past for this problem, as well as the app restarting for memory thing).  Well, now I’m unable to get the cable signal back.

— I swapped cable box from HDMI 1 to 2 and Apple TV from 2 to 1.  No signal from cable in HDMI 2, but Apple TV worked in 1.

— Bought new HDMI cord.  No signal.

— Restarted the TV from scratch and re-setup everything   No signal.

— Called cable company and had them troubleshoot.  No signal.

— Hooked cable box to another TV.  Bam!  Signal!  Works fine!

So, why won’t the TV recognize the cable box?  I have Consolidated Communications, but cable’s worked when accidentally set to AT&T, as well as Comcast in the past.

Sorry if I sound dramatic, but I’m really, really irritated that I spent $1900 on a TV that has to be rebooted multiple times a week, and the fact that I’ve seen posts on here regarding the app reset problem dating back to 2017, yet LG’s chosen not to fix this issue.  It’s ridiculous. 

Edited by Stefanie
Clarification.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By andreluigo
      I used to extend my screen from PC/Notebook to my TV but i stayed a long period without do it.
      It happens that since a few days ago i am needing it and for my surprise is not working anymore. Tried other cables, updated the drivers and O.S. but nothing worked. So i decided test at the room's TV (LG as well) and worked perfetcly.
      I looked for all internet and youtube for similar issues and a solution but couldn't find it, until i receive my weekly mail from this forum and remembered it.
      I am suspicious that was one of the several updates since i extended for the last time that made this!
      So, does anybody could help me, please?

Thanks in advance!
    • By oled55c11lb
      Hello!

I would like to share my screen from my PC(Win10) to my LG TV(OLED55c11LB). Both devices are connected to the same network via Ethernet CABLE. It is not possible to connect with HDMI, devices are in diffrent rooms.  When I try to find the TV on the screenshare list it's not showing up although it is visible is my network in explorer. I can easly screenshare from my phone. 

I tried the customer support which resulted in nothing except reverting my TV to factory settings. Has anyone done this before? Is it even possible? I would love to be able to game with wireless mouse and keyboard on my TV.
    • By Marco Coletti
      See topic title.  I have an Android box connected to HDMI 1 and would like to check if it auto switches frame rate according to the current video file.
      Is there any "secret code"?
      OLED48CX3LB with webOS 5.4.3-36 fw 04.41.45
    • By ajmboy
      So for everyone that has a smart TV, do you still have cable service with a cable box? I'm in the US, so mostly interested to see if people are migrating away from Comcast, Verizon Fios, and services like that with a cable box to streaming services like Direct TV Now, Hulu, Youtube TV, Sling, etc. 
      I have Verizon Fios currently and need to use their equipment. I'm noticing more and more that we aren't watching scheduled tv anymore and just "whenever" watching. My two young children mostly watch youtube these days.  So I'm thinking of youtube TV maybe? Not sure.