Quantcast

Need torrent app in LG smart TV

Anvesh

8 hours ago, Karan Batra said:

No offence but its a tv and not a pc. Use your android phone if you want. 

Well, it's a not just a tv, but a smart TV. 

My friend uses utorrent app in his micromax android tv, and downloads movies from torrent sites to an external HDD connected to TV.. Such an easier way to download and watch movies on tv itself. 

So, hoping for torrent app on my lg smart tv someday. 

6 hours ago, Anvesh Jaggapatruni said:

My friend uses utorrent app in his micromax android tv, and downloads movies from torrent sites to an external HDD connected to TV.. Such an easier way to download and watch movies on tv itself. 

I don’t think its happening anytime soon. 
You should get an android stick or set top box.  
its possible only on android and thats why no other platform allows it Samsung’s Tizen or Lg’s WebOS.

lots of security issues.

21 hours ago, Anvesh Jaggapatruni said:

Hi @Anvesh Jaggapatruni

Yes it is a smart TV but it is not a fully fledged desktop operating system.  It is designed to consume content on, not to be used as a day-to-day replacement for a computer.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nick Payne
      I run a media server using Serviio on a Raspberry Pi (several thousand files just organised by folder structure), and I use the DLNA client built into WebOS to play the files from the server. For the past five years I've had an LG OLED55B6T, and due to a bit of burn-in on the screen, I've just replaced it with an OLED65G1PTA. One thing I notice with the new set is that it's much slower to navigate through the folder structure on the media server to get to the file I want to play. The difference seems to be that the DLNA client on the old TV just shows folders with a generic folder icon, whereas the new one wants to thumbnail each folder that's visible on the screen before it will allow me to continue. I haven't found anything in the settings to stop this behaviour - you can choose to display the folders as a grid or list, but either way it still tries to thumbnail each folder.
      As an experiment I installed Kodi on a Chromecast with Google TV that I have attached to the new set, as it can also act as a DLNA client, and it is also much faster to navigate through the folder structure on the media server. However, it has the drawback that if I stop watching a video part way through, it doesn't remember the point I was up to when I restart watching, whereas the client in the TV does.
      Any suggestions on a possible fix for speeding up the navigation?
    • By News Reporter
      It’s human nature to want to belong and to feel loved. After all, humans are social animals. Whether it’s visiting grandma’s farm every summer or the extended family gathering on dad’s birthday for the past twenty years, these events reinforce the sense of belonging and warmth that connect one generation to the next through the sharing of values and experiences.
      LG’s recently launched #CareForWhereYouLive campaign is all about creating warmth and a feeling of belonging through advanced LG technologies. With LG Therma V air-to-water heat pump (AWHP), for example, anyone can create a warm and comfortable environment for family gatherings no matter how cold and windy it is outside.

The lead video in the heartwarming campaign begins with a elderly woman waiting patiently at her doorstep for her grandson, who is coming to stay with her. In a series of touching vignettes, we see how she cares for him as he grows from boy to teenager to man, and how she created the foundation for him to one day create a warm, loving home of his own. And when the time comes when grandmother can’t wait on her doorstep anymore, she will know that her grandson and his family will be in good hands with LG Therma V.

More sustainable than conventional heat pumps, AWHP systems use advanced technology and simple physics to move outdoor air indoors and vice versa, all while using less electricity and for greater energy efficiency. LG’s AWHP solution offers reliable space heating and hot water supply all year-round, without the use of any fossil fuels. Better for the home and the planet, LG’s sustainable system minimizes electricity consumption by an incredible 75 percent by using air drawn from outside the home as a heat source.1

At up to four times more energy efficient than a traditional boiler, LG Therma V is a cost-effective heating and hot water solution for any home. Recognizing the financial and environmental benefits of AWHP systems, many European governments are now offering tax reductions and other incentives to encourage more residents to make the switch to these low-impact solutions.2

#CareForWhereYouLive is the latest in an ongoing series of LG initiatives presenting simple ways that everyone can help do their part to ensure a better tomorrow. It follows LG’s successful #CareForWhatYouWear campaign encouraging people to adopt a more sustainable approach to their wardrobe.
      To see how LG Therma V can help create warm, sustainable homes where families can keep cherished traditions alive – and create new rituals to pass on to future generations – please follow the .
      # # #
      1 Comparing LG Therma V R32 Series and Electrical Boiler under Low Temperature and Average Climate conditions. The ratio indicates general figure for understanding purpose. The result may differ depending on the actual operation and usage environments. Therma V uses 75% of natural energy absorbed from outside air and the rest of 25% comes from electricity, significantly reducing CO2 emission compared to oil or gas boilers.
      2 Governmental support for homeowners switching to AWHP solutions may differ by country.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Technophobe
      hello
      we just bought the LG OLED 65C1 tv.  on our previous Samsung tv we were able to use a Samsung sound bar connected via hdmi and wireless headphones (that uses a the charging base plugs  into the audio port on the tv and then red and white leads that plug into the charging base )

for some reason we can't get the sound bar and headphones to work at the same time any more?

we have tried plugging sound bar into optical port rather than hdmi and the headphones into audio port but still we can't get them to work at the same time.
      what do I need to do to get both sound bar and headphones to work at the same time??

thanks
    • By News Reporter
      SEOUL, Nov. 30, 2021 – As a longtime CES exhibitor, LG Electronics plans to create a new approach to engaging audiences to experience LG’s latest technology innovations at CES 2022.
      As always, CES represents the global launchpad for dozens of new LG products. At its traditional location – the 22,000-square-foot booth at the main entrance to the Central Hall in the Las Vegas Convention Center – LG will seamlessly connect visitors from the physical space to LG’s virtual experience leveraging both virtual and augmented reality. Constructed of upcycled, recycled and recyclable materials, the welcoming space will feature a series of kiosks where visitors can experience the best life possible with LG products.
      Visitors will take a self-guided tour using QR codes as they navigate through the physical experience, interacting with CES 2022 Innovation Award-winning LG consumer electronics and home appliance products via AR. Other kiosks will feature immersive VR digital art including LG’s immersive curved OLED video walls from CES over the years, a show favorite. Wherever they may be, audiences around the world will be able to access the same content and participate digitally in the LG CES experience.
      What’s more, LG has again been named official CES technology partner for the press rooms and member lounges, which will feature award-winning LG OLED TVs.
      “We look forward to seeing what LG, a long-time innovation leader at CES, has in store for visitors in January,” said Karen Chupka, executive vice president of CES at the Consumer Technology Association, the organizer of CES. “CES 2022 will enable attendees in Las Vegas to experience LG’s technology using AR and VR. Audience joining CES digitally from across the globe will be able to experience the same ground breaking tech, through LG’s digital activation.”
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Advancing Business Portfolio with Greater Focus on Digital Transformation   

SEOUL, Nov. 25, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced that William Cho, its Chief Strategy Officer, will also take on the responsibility of Chief Executive Officer effective December 1. LG’s top strategist since 2019, Mr. Cho was responsible for establishing LG’s Business Incubation Center and fostering new businesses opportunities in the form of in-house ventures as well as startup partners during his six-year tenure as president of LG North America.
      Having joined Goldstar in 1987 and spending four years in LG’s overseas office in Germany, Mr. Cho has a storied career including roles as president of LG Canada, Australia and the United States. A graduate of Pusan University, Mr. Cho received his master’s degree in business from Yonsei University in Seoul.
      Other notable changes include the appointment of Kim Byoung-hoon as Chief Technology Officer. Currently serving as the head of the Future Technology Center, Dr. Kim is being promoted to executive vice president and will simultaneously assume the roles of Chief Technology Officer as well as the new Information and Communication Technology leadership position.
      Jang Ik-hwan, a 31-year veteran of LG, is being promoted from SVP to EVP and will assume the top position at the Business Solutions Company after successfully growing the IT business portfolio to make LG one of the fastest-growing brands in the notebook, laptop and monitor business. SVP Eun Seok-hyun has been tapped to lead the Vehicle component Solutions Company as its third and newest president. Mr. Eun was previously responsible for growing the smart business division under the same company.
      Going forward, the new leadership team will accelerate changes focusing even more on customer value in pursuit of growth with each business unit assuming greater responsibility. Toward this end, LG will reorganize its Customer Satisfaction Management Center into the new Customer Value Innovation Office with oversight by the CSO. The role of the CVIO will be to more effectively identify and incorporate customer feedback and pain points into the product planning, development and sales processes. In addition, the Customer Experience Innovation Department under the Home Appliances and Home Entertainment Companies will be upgraded to Customer Experience Innovation Division.
      Also, to discover potential growth engines and expedite future innovations, the M&A department under the umbrella of the Chief Strategy Office will be elevated to division level for more resources. Similarly, to increase its focus on future trends and customer needs, LG’s Life Soft Research (LSR) department will be promoted to Life Soft Research Lab to increase its influence within the Design Management Center. And to speed up its digital transformation process related to customer experience, LG will elevate the AI Big Data department to division level under the watchful eye of the new Chief Data Office (CDO).
      All appointments are effective Dec. 1 with promotions going into effect on the first day of the new year.
      # # #