Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Anvesh Jaggapatruni

Need torrent app in LG smart TV

On 8/24/2020 at 2:09 PM, Anvesh Jaggapatruni said:

I would like to have a torrent client app (utorrent or bit torrent) in my LG tv, and download files to an external hard disk connected to the tv.

No offence but its a tv and not a pc. Use your android phone if you want. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Karan Batra said:

No offence but its a tv and not a pc. Use your android phone if you want. 

Well, it's a not just a tv, but a smart TV. 

My friend uses utorrent app in his micromax android tv, and downloads movies from torrent sites to an external HDD connected to TV.. Such an easier way to download and watch movies on tv itself. 

So, hoping for torrent app on my lg smart tv someday. 

6 hours ago, Anvesh Jaggapatruni said:

My friend uses utorrent app in his micromax android tv, and downloads movies from torrent sites to an external HDD connected to TV.. Such an easier way to download and watch movies on tv itself. 

I don’t think its happening anytime soon. 
You should get an android stick or set top box.  
its possible only on android and thats why no other platform allows it Samsung’s Tizen or Lg’s WebOS.

lots of security issues.

21 hours ago, Anvesh Jaggapatruni said:

Hi @Anvesh Jaggapatruni

Yes it is a smart TV but it is not a fully fledged desktop operating system.  It is designed to consume content on, not to be used as a day-to-day replacement for a computer.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By frank_1985
      Hi everyone,
      I'm interested in the OLED BX. I would like to know if it is compatible with a 5TB HDD (to be connected and fed through one of the TV USB port).
      LG manuals recommend to connect up to 2TB storage HDDs but don't really state that higher capacity devices are not expected to work.
      Then, I'm not sure how are things with DTS support. It seems that DTS decoding is no longer supported on the 2020 tv sets. But LG web page (updated 08/22/2020) titled "Support Video Playback File Type & Codec" still claims that "TV supports DTS audio codec when USB/HDMI video file playback offers it".
      Can any of you shed some light on these ones?
      Thank you so much.

• By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By GOD么亗ØMAN亗 gaming
      Can we download airtel xstream app in my lg tv
    • By Rukmaj Chandavar
      Hi All,

I recently bought a LG Smart TV with WebOS (42LB6500) and would like to connect to my external hard disk connected over network. Here is how my home network and devices are setup.

I have a high speed broadband that comes to my WiFi router (D-Link DSL 2750U) with USB support for External HDD. I have connected my Seagate Ex.HDD to this router and I am able to access the drive over WiFi on my smartphone and computer using the network path \\192.168.1.1\... Once connected I am able to use it similar to any mount location, i.e., read/write files, play media, etc., I want to do similarly with my TV, I would like to use this connected Ex. HDD as any other location and would like to achieve following two things at the least without any additional hardware Play media files on this HDD (very very important) Use the HDD as recording device for timeshift/live pause feature (important)  
      Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
      Rukmaj
    • By solalin
      TutuApp APK Download allows you to download the paid application for free using its interface and also allows you to update them in the application itself. The application is available for free from the trusted websites. The application has a nice intuitive interface with excellent graphics which will allow you to access the application smoothly.
      Update TutuApp Latest Version:
      link hidden, please login to view Latest Features of TutuApp v3.3.3 APK:
      - The application also houses moded and premium apps which are updated daily.
      - Saves your money from paying unnecessary on paid applications.
      - Jailbreaking of your device is not required.
      - You can clear the application cache from Tutu App itself.
      - Intuitive interface.
      New features of Tutuapp v3.3.3 Apk are as follows:
      - Tutu App now houses an update section with daily notifications.
      - Bug fixes of Tutuapp v3.3.3 Apk:
      - Minor bug fixes.
      - The lag while loading the application is removed.
      How to Download TutuApp v3.3.3 Apk on TutuAppPlus:
      - You will have to set the permission to download third party applications from the settings menu of your phone. After going to the settings menu, tap on ‘Unknown Sources’.Go to Below link and download the Tutu App Apk.
      Source:  TutuAppPlus