Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Anvesh Jaggapatruni

Need torrent app in LG smart TV

On 8/24/2020 at 2:09 PM, Anvesh Jaggapatruni said:

I would like to have a torrent client app (utorrent or bit torrent) in my LG tv, and download files to an external hard disk connected to the tv.

No offence but its a tv and not a pc. Use your android phone if you want. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Karan Batra said:

No offence but its a tv and not a pc. Use your android phone if you want. 

Well, it's a not just a tv, but a smart TV. 

My friend uses utorrent app in his micromax android tv, and downloads movies from torrent sites to an external HDD connected to TV.. Such an easier way to download and watch movies on tv itself. 

So, hoping for torrent app on my lg smart tv someday. 

6 hours ago, Anvesh Jaggapatruni said:

My friend uses utorrent app in his micromax android tv, and downloads movies from torrent sites to an external HDD connected to TV.. Such an easier way to download and watch movies on tv itself. 

I don’t think its happening anytime soon. 
You should get an android stick or set top box.  
its possible only on android and thats why no other platform allows it Samsung’s Tizen or Lg’s WebOS.

lots of security issues.

21 hours ago, Anvesh Jaggapatruni said:

Hi @Anvesh Jaggapatruni

Yes it is a smart TV but it is not a fully fledged desktop operating system.  It is designed to consume content on, not to be used as a day-to-day replacement for a computer.

• Like 1