Quantcast

LG CX OLED 55 Crashing

kpodolinsky

Question

Hello guys and gals,

I am not sure if this question is for here, but i tried reading some posts on the internet and could not find a reasonable explanation or solution to my problem, so here it is.

I bought my TV (official model i think is OLED55CX3LA) about 2 weeks ago along with LG Soundbar SN4, connected via optical cabel.

In few words, the setup is as follows:

- Picture mode - Expert (Dark Room) with Gamma set to 2.2 and TruMotion to Natural

- Sound is set to Cinema mode and Optical+Internal TV Speaker

No AI features are turned on and TV is connected to internet via ethernet cable. I have set-up box connected to the TV, a laptop, both with HDMI, and streaming with Serviio over dlna.

Now the issue. On 3rd-4th day the TV started crashing only while watching from the set-up box. The picture will freeze, some times a high pitch noise appears, the TV is unresponsive. This goes on for 10-20 seconds, the TV turns off by itself and after 5 seconds it is turned on. Sometimes it does it once and not again, sometimes there is a day without doing it, sometimes does it constantly one after another unless i change the channel, or change from set-up box to DLNA for example.

I changed HDMI ports, i changed HDMI cables - no effect. I thought it is something in the signal from the set-up box (sometimes it is very low quality, or whatever else), but yesterday same thing happened while watching 2160p movie from DLNA.

You can see what happens here:

link hidden, please login to view

The video on my cloud is only 2 minutes, but in reality this went on for about 7-8 minutes until i changed from set-up box to DLNA. Just the video was too big and had to cut it.

Thank you!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

7 answers to this question

Hi kpodolinsky My name is krishna from india. 1st reset Your TV , 2nd Connect your sound bar via TV sound sync , 3rd set Your picture mode in standard , 4th Go to the setting pixel refresher option and do and last one check Your software updation.

Thank you

Krishna kumar

Product Trainer 

LG INDIA PVT LTD

Hello Krishna Kumar,

Thank you for the help!Unfortunately my TV does not seem to have TV Sound sync as option(Uploaded picture of the current options). I previously had the soundbar

connected via bluetooth but this had a lot of issues from sound delay perspective(issue with TV crashing was still visible), so i had to connect it via optical cable. Also i would like to still use internal speakers + soundbar as audio.

I also did the pixel refresher procedure 2 (or 3 times, not sure) already.

Also uploaded picture of the current software version - no newer one when i press check for updates.

IMG_5556.thumb.jpg.8578b9b40d514807dd8c37fd8b2abbb3.jpgIMG_5557.thumb.jpg.5553eaaa47da720b3e4ccbbfd0413215.jpg

Thanks 

On 6/26/2020 at 12:08 AM, kpodolinsky said:

Hello guys and gals,

I am not sure if this question is for here, but i tried reading some posts on the internet and could not find a reasonable explanation or solution to my problem, so here it is.

I bought my TV (official model i think is OLED55CX3LA) about 2 weeks ago along with LG Soundbar SN4, connected via optical cabel.

In few words, the setup is as follows:

- Picture mode - Expert (Dark Room) with Gamma set to 2.2 and TruMotion to Natural

- Sound is set to Cinema mode and Optical+Internal TV Speaker

No AI features are turned on and TV is connected to internet via ethernet cable. I have set-up box connected to the TV, a laptop, both with HDMI, and streaming with Serviio over dlna.

Now the issue. On 3rd-4th day the TV started crashing only while watching from the set-up box. The picture will freeze, some times a high pitch noise appears, the TV is unresponsive. This goes on for 10-20 seconds, the TV turns off by itself and after 5 seconds it is turned on. Sometimes it does it once and not again, sometimes there is a day without doing it, sometimes does it constantly one after another unless i change the channel, or change from set-up box to DLNA for example.

I changed HDMI ports, i changed HDMI cables - no effect. I thought it is something in the signal from the set-up box (sometimes it is very low quality, or whatever else), but yesterday same thing happened while watching 2160p movie from DLNA.

You can see what happens here:

The video on my cloud is only 2 minutes, but in reality this went on for about 7-8 minutes until i changed from set-up box to DLNA. Just the video was too big and had to cut it.

Thank you!

Hi there, did you ever resolve this problem? I’m having the same exact issue. I’ve read it might be related to overheating due to the wifi cheap. Curious to know if you ever figured out your issue or just ended up getting it repaired or replaced?

14 hours ago, Wicksell Metellus said:

Thanks 

Hi there, did you ever resolve this problem? I’m having the same exact issue. I’ve read it might be related to overheating due to the wifi cheap. Curious to know if you ever figured out your issue or just ended up getting it repaired or replaced?

Hi,

i tried everything but nothing helped. I called local LG representative and they sent couple of guys with fancy looking remote. They were able to enter some hidden menus and troubleshooting options, which showed error code related to what they said communication issue between motherboard and processor. 
so they took the TV. After a few weeks they returned it with replaced motherboard and no issues since. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Baffledron
      Hi,
      Ongoing problem!!
      About a month ago I switched from BT to Vodafone FTTP (Fibre) broadband (100Mbps)
      Since then I've had buffering on my LG TV (55UM7610PLB). This is connected to the router by ethernet cable.
      My first thoughts were to do with the internet connection, I checked and tested everything. Vodafone have also checked everything and Openreach have replaced the ONT. Still got the problem though.
      So, I've turned to the TV. The LG chat and phone help were pretty low level and not at all helpful.
      Google turned up a possible solution which involved resetting the location services and removing it's automatic status. This sort of worked. Watching UHD Frozen Planet 2 was bufferless. But the next day, watching ITV hub was worse than ever.
      You would have thought with an 100Mbps connection it would all work so well....but it doesn't.
      Is it the TV? 
      Is there a fix? 
      Any ideas much appreciated.
      Thanks
      Ron
    • By nsnews org
      I bought my TV from Oman and shifted to India. Model is 65UH603V-TC WebOS 3.4.0
      I have changed the area code to 4816 using service remote but still content page is not updated
      Broadcast country and service country set to India
    • By News Reporter
      LG Marks Next Major Phase of Its CTV Advertising Business

SEOUL, Sep. 15, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) today announced a rollout of LG Ads Solutions proprietary automatic content recognition (ACR) technology across LG TVs globally, beginning this September. The rollout will replace legacy technology and put the new ACR solution on millions of smart TVs across 27 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Australia.
      The new ACR provided by LG Ads Solutions is already active on LG smart TVs in the U.S. and with the rollout, LG CTV data will be available exclusively through LG Ads Solutions.
      “Since the LG Ads Solutions launch last May, the team has created tremendous momentum for the business globally,” said Chris Jo, Senior Vice President and Head of Platform Business at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. “This rollout of the new ACR is another great milestone that demonstrates its commitment to excellence, and dedication to bringing the best possible advertising solutions to brands and agencies around the world.”
      CEO Raghu Kodige said, “This rollout marks the next major phase of our global CTV advertising business with LG Ads Solutions. It is a highly significant moment for brands across four continents, who increasingly need to reach cord-cutters and light TV viewers who have migrated to OTT services, and to understand incremental reach over traditional linear TV services. Now with LG Ads Solutions, brands globally can plan, activate and measure CTV advertising using the industry’s best ACR data set to help guarantee campaign success.”
      The ACR data, which is in compliance with all global and regional consumer data privacy regulations, helps brands understand, in an anonymized fashion, how frequent certain TV ads were aired in any given household. For brands, this means it can increase frequency levels for underexposed households, cap frequency for overexposed households, win over households that are exposed to competitors’ ads, and more. Of major importance, it informs brands and agencies which households they are missing completely due to cord-cutting.
      The data can also be used to measure the effectiveness of ads, such as if an ad drove viewers to a particular TV show or movie, or if an ad led to the download or registration of an OTT app or service.
      LG Ads Solutions already powers CTV campaigns in over 40 countries globally. Now, brands in any country covered by the ACR rollout can immediately begin working with LG Ads Solutions to understand TV audience viewership in their country at a granular level, in order to pinpoint audience segments and optimize reach, frequency and ad effectiveness across linear and streaming television.
      # # #

• By João Inácio
      Friends, many users are having this problem. After LG updated the firmware earlier this year (2022), the browser is no longer able to test the internet speed by going to the speedtest.net website. On my OLED55C1 TV, I tried testing on other websites, but they all gave wrong results on download speed. However, the upload speed was measured correctly.
      Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
    • By News Reporter
      Equipped With Company’s Renowned Clothing Care Technologies, New Products
      Introduce an Innovative Shoe Management Experience, From Care to Storage

SEOUL, Aug. 30, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is revolutionizing the at-home shoe care experience with the introduction of LG Styler ShoeCase and ShoeCare at IFA 2022. Equipped with the company’s hygiene-enhancing TrueSteam technology, LG’s total shoe care solution offers innovative, customized shoe management, collection and storage to enable new daily lifestyles.
      As the culture of collecting expensive designer, luxury and limited-edition sneakers grows among the MZ generation – Millennials and Gen Z – LG’s internal research found that these ‘sneakerheads’ would benefit greatly from a solution that not only made their cherished shoes stand out more, but also provided them with the optimal care.
      LG Styler ShoeCase with transparent panels is a space-friendly solution for shoe storage and showcasing shoes. In addition to creating the ideal environment for storing shoes by protecting against humidity and fabric-discoloring UV light,1 the Styler ShoeCase represents a great way for shoe enthusiasts to show-off their favorite pairs, offering interior features such as a 360-degree rotating turntable and a modular design that makes it possible to stack up to four cases on top of one another.
      Also making its debut at IFA, like many of LG’s state-of-the-art home appliances, including dishwashers and the Styler, a clothing care solution with steam technology, LG Styler ShoeCare employs the company’s proven TrueSteam technology to deliver a ‘refreshing’ shoe management experience. It also leverages the Zeo-Dry filter’s absorbent properties of zeolite to soak up moisture and help remove smells from footwear, making shoes more pleasant to wear and to have around.2
      Moreover, the new LG Styler ShoeCare solution optimizes the management of various shoe types, including leather, suede and sports footwear, with its 10 different courses. Depending on the type and fabric of the shoe, it sophisticatedly controls its use of TrueSteam to refresh the shoe. What’s more, quiet and efficient, LG’s revolutionary product can refresh up to four pairs of shoes in only 37 minutes (standard course) while operating at just 35 decibels, which ensures a quiet and efficient performance.
      The convenient LG Styler ShoeCare also boasts LG’s unique multiple Moving Nozzle, which dry out the insides of the shoes being refreshed and can be effortlessly adjusted according to the height of each pair. And, courtesy of the Dual Care System feature, users can clean two different types of shoes (with different fabric care needs) at the same time.
      For a more convenient shoe care experience, users can access a range of services for the LG Styler ShoeCase and ShoeCare via the ThinQ app. LG’s intuitive app lets users remotely control and monitor the Styler ShoeCase and ShoeCare, LG is also partnering with various lifestyle brands to bring new features and functions to its shoe care appliances, which will be made available via the ThinQ apps’ Upgrade Center.
      “LG’s new Styler ShoeCase and ShoeCare form a total shoe care solution for hygienically cleansing, storing and displaying one’s footwear,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “Utilizing our latest technologies and offering convenient control and design, these groundbreaking products are ideal for consumers looking for a better, more enjoyable way to manage their shoe collection. We will continue to deliver innovative solutions for a better life at home.”
      Visitors to IFA 2022 can experience all of LG’s latest innovations, including Styler ShoeCase and ShoeCare, at the company’s booth in Hall 18, Messe Berlin.
      # # #
      1 LG Styler ShoeCase panels are coated with ultraviolet light absorber, helping to prevent discoloration caused by sunlight or fluorescent lighting.
      2 The Styler ShoeCare’s Zeo-Dry filter is made of the high-performance drying material, ‘Zeolite,’ which is commonly used for dehumidifying and deodorizing. The absorption feature is regenerated when heat and pressure are applied to a ZeoDry filter containing moisture or odor particles.