Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

kpodolinsky

LG CX OLED 55 Crashing

Question

Hello guys and gals,

I am not sure if this question is for here, but i tried reading some posts on the internet and could not find a reasonable explanation or solution to my problem, so here it is.

I bought my TV (official model i think is OLED55CX3LA) about 2 weeks ago along with LG Soundbar SN4, connected via optical cabel.

In few words, the setup is as follows:

- Picture mode - Expert (Dark Room) with Gamma set to 2.2 and TruMotion to Natural

- Sound is set to Cinema mode and Optical+Internal TV Speaker

No AI features are turned on and TV is connected to internet via ethernet cable. I have set-up box connected to the TV, a laptop, both with HDMI, and streaming with Serviio over dlna.

Now the issue. On 3rd-4th day the TV started crashing only while watching from the set-up box. The picture will freeze, some times a high pitch noise appears, the TV is unresponsive. This goes on for 10-20 seconds, the TV turns off by itself and after 5 seconds it is turned on. Sometimes it does it once and not again, sometimes there is a day without doing it, sometimes does it constantly one after another unless i change the channel, or change from set-up box to DLNA for example.

I changed HDMI ports, i changed HDMI cables - no effect. I thought it is something in the signal from the set-up box (sometimes it is very low quality, or whatever else), but yesterday same thing happened while watching 2160p movie from DLNA.

You can see what happens here:

link hidden, please login to view

The video on my cloud is only 2 minutes, but in reality this went on for about 7-8 minutes until i changed from set-up box to DLNA. Just the video was too big and had to cut it.

Thank you!

5 answers to this question

I was experiencing what sounds like this problem. (C9 with sound bar) It wasn’t happening often and hasn’t occurred since the last firmware update about 10 days ago. Have you updated?

Hi kpodolinsky My name is krishna from india. 1st reset Your TV , 2nd Connect your sound bar via TV sound sync , 3rd set Your picture mode in standard , 4th Go to the setting pixel refresher option and do and last one check Your software updation.

Thank you

Krishna kumar

Product Trainer 

LG INDIA PVT LTD

Hello Krishna Kumar,

Thank you for the help!Unfortunately my TV does not seem to have TV Sound sync as option(Uploaded picture of the current options). I previously had the soundbar

connected via bluetooth but this had a lot of issues from sound delay perspective(issue with TV crashing was still visible), so i had to connect it via optical cable. Also i would like to still use internal speakers + soundbar as audio.

I also did the pixel refresher procedure 2 (or 3 times, not sure) already.

Also uploaded picture of the current software version - no newer one when i press check for updates.

IMG_5556.thumb.jpg.8578b9b40d514807dd8c37fd8b2abbb3.jpgIMG_5557.thumb.jpg.5553eaaa47da720b3e4ccbbfd0413215.jpg