Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

ajmboy

What to watch after Game of Thrones?

I just finished watching Game of Thrones on HBO, never watched it when it was out. Now I'm wondering what other series should I start watching? 

Westworld? I'm inclined to check out SEE on Apple TV. is anyone using Apple TV with LG webOS tvs?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Thomas Devenney
      Hi,
      I use the YouTube app on my LG OLED55B6V smart TV on a daily basis. Does anyone know in 2020, if there is an external keyboard I can use on the YouTube app? 

Thanks. 
    • By Andrew Robinson
      We recently got a new LG 43" TV for our bedroom (43UN7300AUD). There are no inputs for this TV as we only want to use it for streaming services (Netflix and Amazon). There is no Antenna hooked up to the TV either since we don't want to watch LiveTV on it (the only Antenna we have is hooked up in our family room to a FireTV Recast, not to a smartTV). 
      When we turn on the TV it auto-tunes to channel 2-0. Since there is no antenna, this is just loud snow. Even when we go to the dashboard, it defaults to showing liveTV and hence more snow & noise. Even though the LG TV stations are enabled and working it will always tune to 2-0 when I turn the TV on. I've tried going through the menu and cannot find any setting to change this. I'd be happy removing or disabling "LiveTV" as an option and would love it to start with the dashboard with LiveTV not expanded/active. Even clicking on the amazon prime button takes time and we get several seconds of the snow before the smart features startup.
      With more and more people only using streaming services, I have to believe the TV supports our use case and should not try to ever use liveTV. 
      Is there a setting I missed in the menu to stop it from always trying to go to liveTV when I turn the TV on? Or at the very least make it tune to an LG channel on start to avoid the snow?
      Update: of course, right after posting thisI did find that you can use the amazon prime button on the remote to turn the TV on. I still would like to fix the dashboard playing snow and would prefer to have the TV not try to use liveTV if I use the power button to turn the TV on.
      Thank you
    • By superleccy
      Hi there
      I've had my LG WebOS SmartTV for a couple of months, but in the past week or so I've noticed it's really started eating up all my home's Internet bandwidth, even when I'm just watching FreeSat TV and not running any apps.  It's connected to my router using wired ethernet, so it's not a WiFi problem.
      I can only assume that one the apps I've installed is suddenly decided to download a ton of data in the background.  But which one?
      The only solution I can think of is to install my apps one-by-one until my bandwidth issue improves.  And that's what I'll do.
      But I found this forum, and thought I'd ask you good people if any of you had had a similar experience.
      Here's the apps I've got installed:
      BritBox BBC iPlayer Spotify YouTube Amazon Prime Video NowTV AppleTV Thanks in advance for any tips
      SL
    • By Ravichandran S
      My TV was bought in 2014 55UB850T-TA with WebOS TV version 1.4.0-2337 (afro-ashley). 
      I recently purchased the Disney hotstar subscription. But in the above version the LG content store does not show the Hotstar
      As per the news in this link we are eligible to upgrade to WebOS 2.0. But the automatic updates does not say it as WebOS 2.0 but still WebOS 1.4

link hidden, please login to view Why this discrimination for old users of LG TV? How will I install new apps in this TV?
      Please help.
      Thanks,
      Ravichandran
    • By nashwan
      I have the following setup:

LG 55EF950V television which is running webOS 2.2.0-1317 (this should be the latest version of the OS).

I have a number of video files on my Synology DiskStation DS413 NAS which I connect to with the TV over DLNA (on the TV this is Smart Share -> Devices -> (NAS))

I can see all the video files and play them etc., however when viewing the list of files I dont see any thumb images even though I have a JPEG image for each file.  For example: "My Video.mkv" has a thumb call "My Video.jpg".  For collections I put a "cover.jpg" image in the directory (this doesnt work either on the LG TV).

Has anyone else out there managed to get a webOS 2 TV to show video thumb nail images for videos over DLNA?

BTW: this all works when I use a Samsung TV so I dont think it has anything to do with the way the Synology DiskStation DS413 NAS is setup.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      HBO Max came out recently and unfortunately they haven't built an app for lg webOS TVs yet. 
      The following devices are supported by HBO Max. If a device is supported, you'll find the HBO Max app in the app store.
      Android phones and tablets (with Android OS 5+) Android TV (OS 5+) Apple TV (4th gen and later) Chromebooks Chromecast iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (with iOS 12.2+) PC and Mac computers PlayStation 4 Samsung TV (2016+) Xbox One So if you have any of these devices hooked up to your LG webOS TV your solution is to use one of these methods.  

link hidden, please login to view
      link hidden, please login to view You can also contact HBO directly by email at [email protected]
    • By Zeroio
      I'm not sure if this is an LG or Apple issue, or if I have to try a different HDMI cable (the package says it's the latest standard) but here's what I've seen so far:
      I have the AppleTV 4k using Dolby Vision which looks great.
      1. When using the AppleTV remote to turn on the AppleTV and LG TV (using LG Simplink), sometimes the video signal is messed up – it's blurry and out of sync. Changing the input to Live TV and then back to the AppleTV fixes it. Sometimes it just works right away.
      2. When using the LG remote to turn on the TV, then switching to the AppleTV the LG Magic remote automatically controls the AppleTV! This is really cool except that if I switch to Live TV then back to the Apple TV, the LG Magic remote no longer controls the AppleTV.
      3. I have the AppleTV 4k behind the LG TV but the range on the AppleTV Remote is greatly reduced and stutters at about 10 feet away from the TV. I have moved the AppleTV to the bottom edge of the TV so it's not visibly noticeable but the range bluetooth is still terrible. Anyone else try to put the AppleTV behind the TV to hide it? Any success with the remote distance? Is there a safe place behind the TV to put it?
      I actually don't have any 4K movies on Apple TV... none of my purchases are in 4k (like James Bond and Disney movies, and a few others). The Vudu AppleTV app is currently not 4k, I heard Netflix is but I don't subscribe to it. The SlingTV app on AppleTV has a nicer interface and is more reliable than the LG app. ESPN has a very configurable multi-view so you can watch 1-4 ESPN programs at the same time. I'll have to buy another HDMI cable to see if that fixes the sync and remote issues.
      Anyone else try an AppleTV 4k? Likes? Dislikes?
    • By Rabib
      Is there an APP for Apple TV? I can't seem to find one. If not, any suggestions how I could watch Apple TV on my LG TV?
    • By Craig Cooper
      I have a late 2017 LG OLED 65 in TV.  I was wondering if LG plans on issuing a software update to easily access Apple TV + via the remove?