I have noted that TV WebOS is very slow and when you start TV it taking long time to go to any menu.
Is there any way to make it fast ?
Is there any way that it will update program guide quickly ?
Is it possble to change Change font size ?
Does magic remote cofigurable ? Is it possible to change remote scroll wheel to sound insted of changing channel ?
If you connect to any HDMI device it taking long time to switch back to normal TV mode some time it requied to switch off an switch on.
This is dumb OS. I should have check before buying it. Please any one has answer to make it fast ?
Is it is possible to change OS if I dont want to use WebOS ?
New buyer please check before you jump to WebOS
I'd like to easily stream/cast some movie files (.mkv, .mp4 etc...) on my Ubuntu 21.04 PC to a LG Smart TV having WebOS 4.9.x.
Both TV and PC are connected on the same LAN network via ethernet cable!
My router does not provide any UPnP feature!
I tried to use (with no success):
- Kodi - enabled UPnP/DLNA and shared my library, then right clicked on a movie and ran "Play using", selected "TV" but I was not able to see anything on my LG TV (i went to Movies and Photos and did not see any remote device or other stuff) (does this method nroamlly work? Maybe there is something wrong with my Kodi / Router configuration? What screen do I have to access on the LG TV to see the DLNA devices?)
- Integrated Ubuntu "Media Sharing" (see https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/04/home-media-server-ubuntu-2004/) - same as above, I could not see any device from the TV when this option is enabled
- VLC UPnP feature - same as above
What options do I have, without buying any additional device like Chromecast, Raspberry PI etc...?
Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
OK, so what does it take to have full Chromecast support in LG TVs (webOS)?
a. Either builtin support.
b. Via webOS app.
The goal / use is simple as any other Chromecast device / TV: be able to say to "hey Google, play this video/music from service-X to LG-TV".
Looking forward to good news and your thoughts.
My LG TV was working fine and the internet was working. I went on a 3 day trip and came back and it now says 'Check Network Connection'
The internet works fine on my laptop and other devices. When I go into the WiFi options, it shows a loading indicator by my network.
I click on another internet connection, then go back (so it doesn't show the loading indicator) and I enter the password correctly and click 'Connect' and it says this:
Unknown issue has occurred.
Please check the status and try again.
I can't do anything (like watch YouTube, browse the web, etc)
I sometimes leave it on the loading indicator for 5-10 min and it doesn't do anything. Please help..
Error Code: -137
Similar Tagged Content
HBO Max came out recently and unfortunately they haven't built an app for lg webOS TVs yet.
The following devices are supported by HBO Max. If a device is supported, you'll find the HBO Max app in the app store.
Android phones and tablets (with Android OS 5+) Android TV (OS 5+) Apple TV (4th gen and later) Chromebooks Chromecast iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (with iOS 12.2+) PC and Mac computers PlayStation 4 Samsung TV (2016+) Xbox One So if you have any of these devices hooked up to your LG webOS TV your solution is to use one of these methods.
link hidden, please login to view You can also contact HBO directly by email at [email protected]
I'm not sure if this is an LG or Apple issue, or if I have to try a different HDMI cable (the package says it's the latest standard) but here's what I've seen so far:
I have the AppleTV 4k using Dolby Vision which looks great.
1. When using the AppleTV remote to turn on the AppleTV and LG TV (using LG Simplink), sometimes the video signal is messed up – it's blurry and out of sync. Changing the input to Live TV and then back to the AppleTV fixes it. Sometimes it just works right away.
2. When using the LG remote to turn on the TV, then switching to the AppleTV the LG Magic remote automatically controls the AppleTV! This is really cool except that if I switch to Live TV then back to the Apple TV, the LG Magic remote no longer controls the AppleTV.
3. I have the AppleTV 4k behind the LG TV but the range on the AppleTV Remote is greatly reduced and stutters at about 10 feet away from the TV. I have moved the AppleTV to the bottom edge of the TV so it's not visibly noticeable but the range bluetooth is still terrible. Anyone else try to put the AppleTV behind the TV to hide it? Any success with the remote distance? Is there a safe place behind the TV to put it?
I actually don't have any 4K movies on Apple TV... none of my purchases are in 4k (like James Bond and Disney movies, and a few others). The Vudu AppleTV app is currently not 4k, I heard Netflix is but I don't subscribe to it. The SlingTV app on AppleTV has a nicer interface and is more reliable than the LG app. ESPN has a very configurable multi-view so you can watch 1-4 ESPN programs at the same time. I'll have to buy another HDMI cable to see if that fixes the sync and remote issues.
Anyone else try an AppleTV 4k? Likes? Dislikes?