Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Shaif Dude

.mkv Video format not playing in my tv

Question

4 answers to this question

The native player is a bit primitive. You can better use a third party player like Servio, Plex or others.

Self I use the Plex player on the TV and a Plex server on my computer. Works like a charm.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PeterV said:

The native player is a bit primitive. You can better use a third party player like Servio, Plex or others.

Self I use the Plex player on the TV and a Plex server on my computer. Works like a charm.

I cannot mount a server since I don't even have an ethernet cable or decent wi-fi speed. Is there a player with enough codecs that lets me pick a video source from my external HDD and play it? I need a player that just werks, not a server

I am not aware of any other native video player on the LG TV. There are a few things you can do:

• Invest in a ethernet cable and connect the TV to you local network / computer
  • Convert the movie to a format the LG TV 
    link hidden, please login to view
  • Buy a Android TV box that can play your movie and connect it to your TV.

Good luck

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.