Quantcast

LG’s connected self-driving car of 2030

Alex

image.png

Picture this. You walk up to a self-driving electric car and it automatically recognizes you via face recognition. Then you enter and see four luxurious chairs, complete with their own speaker systems. You take a seat by your assigned color that flashes above your seat on a huge curved OLED screen. 

Then the real fun begins.

Forged out of a partnership between LG and Adient, LG’s connected self-driving car feels like something out of Minority Report. LG says this webOS-powered concept may not hit the market until 2030, but it was a thrill to check out the inside of this futuristic vehicle.

image.png

Right at your seat there’s a rotating controller, complete with voice input and a touchscreen for adjusting your seat any way you want (including leaning all the way back.)

There's also a tablet that swings up from the floor, complete with a privacy display so other passengers won’t see what you’re doing.

In front of you — above the heads of the two passengers sitting across the way — is a large OLED screen that lets you pass the time on your way to your destination in several ways.

image.png

You can fire up music that only you can hear via an 8-speaker sound system that’s built into the curved top of the seats. You can also watch movies or TV shows and even pick up right where you left off on your favorite show if you were viewing it at home. This is thanks to LG's AI and cloud prowess.

What if the person next to you doesn’t want to watch what you do? You can digitally split the OLED screen in two.

image.png

If you’re feeling a bit thirsty, you can just touch a sensor to reveal a rolling snack cart that emerges from between the seats. And if you decide to grab a soda can, the motion sensors in the vehicle will know it and automatically charge your payment card you used to book the ride. (If you decide to put it back, the payment is put back on your card.)

image.png

There’s even a roll-out dry cleaner of sorts on board, in case you want to freshen your blazer or other garment on the way to your next meeting. You just hang it up and it goes to work.

image.png

I know what you’re thinking. Can you even see the road ahead of you? Yes, via an augmented reality view you can activate on the OLED screen. This view can also show any traffic information.

image.png

Now, a lot needs to happen between 2020 and 2030 for LG’s connected self-driving car concept to become a reality. But given all the fun distractions inside this vehicle I feel like I would be a little less nervous about how I get from point A to point B. And maybe even chill about it.

Source: 

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Justin Tan
      Found multiplex application that use letsencrypt stop working in 30 September 2021 on LG WebOS 3.5. This appear to be wide spread multiplex version of WEBOS. 
      See 
      AND 

link hidden, please login to view As PLEX blaming to be LG fault. LG please provide solution to only 2 year old TV
      LG
      Our current app is available on 4K/UHD LG television models running the following system software:
      webOS 3.0 webOS 3.5 webOS 4.0 webOS 5.0 No 720p or 1080p (“full HD”) sets are supported for our current app at this time.
      Note: Due to root certificate limitations with the device OS itself, only webOS 5.0+ devices support secure connections with a personal Plex Media Server. To allow connections to a personal server, devices running earlier webOS versions must be set to Allow Insecure Connections in the TV app settings and the Plex Media Server must be set to Preferred for the Secure Connections preference.
    • By SS1003602
      I have recently shifted from UAE to India. I have 55" LG 3D smart TV model no. 55UB8301. My problem is 1. I can not change country from UAE to India in settings -Country option because India is not available in the list.
      2. I can not download any app which are normally available in Indian smart TVs like Hotstar/Sonyliv/Amazon prime etc.
      3. In screen mirroring option using my Android phone, I can play any video stream from mobile to smart TV BUT only Amazon prime videos are not played. 
      Can anyone help me for above issues...?
    • By rphillips068
      Hi All,
      What is the latest with HBOmax and LG? 
      Are they playing nice in the sandbox or is HBO still not have its act together?

I have a SK8000PUA 4K HDR Smart LED SUPER UHD TV w/ AI ThinQ

Thanks.
      Rob
    • By News Reporter
      From Popular Contemporary Artists to Rising Stars,
      LG OLED Ready to Light Up Truly Inspiring Works of Art

SEOUL, Oct. 15, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) is kicking off a series of art initiatives in London as part of its “SELF-LIT” campaign featuring LG OLED technology. Opening this week, LG presents to the world a new genre of art, LG OLED Art, powered by the company’s self-lit LG OLED TV technology.
      Consistent with LG’s philosophy, Art Inspires Technology, Technology Completes Art, the SELF-LIT Masterpiece and the SELF-LIT Museum feature the works of acclaimed artists beautifully displayed on LG’s most advanced OLED TVs to deliver realistic colors and textures via millions of self-lit pixels. With incredibly accurate color reproduction and infinite contrast, the artworks deliver the artists’ creative works exactly as intended with true-to-life colors and deep blacks for maximum immersion and realism.
      The inaugural exhibition, LG OLED X : A History of Painting, will be on display at LG’s space during , one of the most influential international contemporary art fairs in the world. As the sole consumer electronics brand to exhibit at Frieze London, the LG-Hirst collaboration will feature extraordinary works from the artist exploring the creative potential of innovative technology and how it can be a powerful partner for new developments in digital art.
      The exhibition features major works by the artist including paintings from his Kaleidoscope and Spin series alongside stunning self-lit digital reproductions and the artist’s NFT series displayed on LG’s premium OLED TVs. The world’s first rollable TV, LG SIGNATURE OLED R, as well as the stylish LG SIGNATURE OLED 8K and the art-inspired LG G1 Gallery Series will offer new perspectives on Hirst’s impressive artworks through their unmatched picture quality.
      Also, until the end of this year, LG will expand its SELF-LIT project with the LUX, New Wave of Contemporary Art exhibition at at the heart of the city’s creative community. Leveraging OLED’s unique attributes, leading installation artists such as and will demonstrate their creativity using over 100 OLED products including LG TVs, signage solutions and transparent OLED displays, inviting visitors to experience mesmerizing visual art inspired by groundbreaking technologies.
      Through a series of iconic exhibitions that seamlessly combine technology and art to complement one another, LG aims to deliver more enriching experiences to gallery-goers. Every digital artwork brought to life by LG OLED will be uploaded to the project as they are unveiled, so that art enthusiasts and OLED fans around the world can enjoy them anytime, anywhere.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By RobLGSucks
      Hi,
      I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago.  I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available.   Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
      In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase.  So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting. 

@LG tv if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs.  webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them.  Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
      Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.
      Rob
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      LG unveils the new Connected Car at CES 2020. You can get in the Connected Car concept on display to experience the AI that connects from the home to the car. Enjoy comfort in the car, just like home.