Quantcast

Not Connected to Wi-Fi (Error 106 and subsequently 137)

Question

Initially would search and find 3 networks (Testra Air, the correct one and one other??) but would not connect.

Reset our router (turn off then turned on again  and waited) but now no networks are even found to attempt to connect to.

Any suggestions what my next step should be?  This has happened suddenly.  Thanks

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

@geoffHome First, what is the TV model number, and the router make and model? It is often good to ensure that the TV has the latest firmware, AND the router too. I assume you can log into the router? NOTE: many non-tech users do NOT think about the router, as it just sits there and works (until it doesn't), and do not think about the default router admin password, that is often just admin with a password of admin, which is a very insecure situation, and leaves your router open to hacking. It is best to change that, if you have not done that already, and if you CAN log in via a laptop/PC, do so and check the system log and security log (you can usually use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 as the "URL" in your browser). The router hardware is comprised of several internal discreet sections, with the Ethernet LAN part and the WiFi parts driven by separate software routines, any of which can crash, and exit the router memory,and do not always auto-restart. VOIP software is typical for this too.

Make sure that your WiFi strength is good where your TV is (use a smart phone to check the signal bars), and if the 5G band is weak, switch he TV to the 2.4G one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Russell Acton
      Anyone having issues with Homekit showing 'updating' message after TV have been turned off? (OLED65BX6LB purchased Feb2021)
      Can turn off via Homekit...can change inputs. Can use ThinQ to turn off.
      Have tried to disable all Eco modes, turn on "Turn on with Wireless" but to no avail.
      Anyone found a solution? 
    • By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By JB Atw
      When trying to use apps that need an internet connection I get an error (-106) saying that there is no connection. When I go to settings -> Network -> Wifi it says that wifi is turned off and I need to turn it on to see available networks. Well there's no switch or option to turn wifi on. I've had it connected to wifi before. Also sometimes it disconnects and then I have to go back in and tell it to connect again. This is the first time its said the wifi was off.
      I did a google search and the results that came up were for WebOs 1.0, even though it was written in 2017, and I have WebOs 3.0. It said hold the settings button until a box appears in the top right of the screen and input 0 0 0 0 then adjust the baud rate. First no box shows up on the 3.0 and two its not the baud rate I'm trying to adjust.
      I tried calling customer support to get to technical support. The automated system is garbage by the way. Then I found out they are only open Monday through Friday as if customers never have a problem on the weekend.
      This is my third stop looking for an answer. This problem is causing my dislike of LG products to grow even more. So if anyone has had this problem and figured it out I would greatly appreciate your help and thanks in advance for your time and help.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      Product - from Settings -> General -> About this Tv
      Software version = 05.30.02
      TV Information  = [LG] webOS TV OLED55C6P
    • By KevinH
      I just got a new TV (43UN7000PUB) and can’t get HomeKit to work properly.  It works fine when the TV is on but won’t work when the TV is off.
      I have seen several threads on this and done some research but did not find a resolution.
      I read several threads that blamed it on the Magic Remote and Bluetooth.  This TV does not have the Magic Remote so I think that can be ruled out.
      One thread pointed out that when the TV is off it loses it’s LAN connection and it’s WI-FI connection and said that could be the problem.  I can confirm this is true with mine as well.  This argument makes perfect sense to me as all connections would be lost when the TV is off.  
      If anyone can help I’d surely appreciate it.
      One thread said the problem was fixed with a FW update.  But that was with a different model and a different FW than mine.  As I recall from memory it was something like FW xx.35.10 and it was a 55” or 65” TV.  My firmware says it is current with version 3.21.36.
      Maybe a moderator could confirm the firmware fix already exists for this issue.  If so, could you please see that it gets pushed out to all HomeKit TVs instead of just that single model?
      Thanks in advance for any help or comments.  
    • By Stephen Davies
      I've recently bought a 49" LG NANO866 TV and so far, am very pleased with it, especially when viewing UHD content, but I'd like to enhance the audio. The crescent stand on this model is both functional & stylish, but doesn't really lend itself to having a soundbar in front of it, even the LG SK1 with a width of 650mm isn't that well accommodated within the curve of the stand below the TV. Any suggestions?
      Thanks,
      Stephen.