Quantcast

Not Connected to Wi-Fi (Error 106 and subsequently 137)

geoffHome

Question

Initially would search and find 3 networks (Testra Air, the correct one and one other??) but would not connect.

Reset our router (turn off then turned on again  and waited) but now no networks are even found to attempt to connect to.

Any suggestions what my next step should be?  This has happened suddenly.  Thanks

3 answers to this question

@geoffHome First, what is the TV model number, and the router make and model? It is often good to ensure that the TV has the latest firmware, AND the router too. I assume you can log into the router? NOTE: many non-tech users do NOT think about the router, as it just sits there and works (until it doesn't), and do not think about the default router admin password, that is often just admin with a password of admin, which is a very insecure situation, and leaves your router open to hacking. It is best to change that, if you have not done that already, and if you CAN log in via a laptop/PC, do so and check the system log and security log (you can usually use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 as the "URL" in your browser). The router hardware is comprised of several internal discreet sections, with the Ethernet LAN part and the WiFi parts driven by separate software routines, any of which can crash, and exit the router memory,and do not always auto-restart. VOIP software is typical for this too.

Make sure that your WiFi strength is good where your TV is (use a smart phone to check the signal bars), and if the 5G band is weak, switch he TV to the 2.4G one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.