Quantcast

Not Connected to Wi-Fi (Error 106 and subsequently 137)

Question

Initially would search and find 3 networks (Testra Air, the correct one and one other??) but would not connect.

Reset our router (turn off then turned on again  and waited) but now no networks are even found to attempt to connect to.

Any suggestions what my next step should be?  This has happened suddenly.  Thanks

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

@geoffHome First, what is the TV model number, and the router make and model? It is often good to ensure that the TV has the latest firmware, AND the router too. I assume you can log into the router? NOTE: many non-tech users do NOT think about the router, as it just sits there and works (until it doesn't), and do not think about the default router admin password, that is often just admin with a password of admin, which is a very insecure situation, and leaves your router open to hacking. It is best to change that, if you have not done that already, and if you CAN log in via a laptop/PC, do so and check the system log and security log (you can usually use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 as the "URL" in your browser). The router hardware is comprised of several internal discreet sections, with the Ethernet LAN part and the WiFi parts driven by separate software routines, any of which can crash, and exit the router memory,and do not always auto-restart. VOIP software is typical for this too.

Make sure that your WiFi strength is good where your TV is (use a smart phone to check the signal bars), and if the 5G band is weak, switch he TV to the 2.4G one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By Nimazh
      I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 13. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IL.
    • By shawn ecstacy
      how do i solve the voice command problem error code 6002..please
    • By puma99dk
      Hi,
      I got 2 LG smart TV's running Software Version 06.00.15 and after this update WiFi has stopped working and the WiFi in both TV's will only stay connected when I am in All settings-->Network-->Wi-Fi Connection and the TV's are also feeling really slow in the menu but the moment I plug in a ethernet cable and disable WiFi everything works and the menu is smooth so I believe there is something up with this software version.
      I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max, Laptop and some other devices on WiFi no issues at all.
      The TV in the living room is a LG 49UJ701V the one in my bed room is a LG 55UK6100PLB.
      Anyone got a suggestion I can try? I do not want to reset them because I do not want to calibrate them both again it's a pain.
    • By Venkatraman Nagarajan
      Hello,
      The WiFi would abruptly disconnect and the smart TV becomes extremely slow when navigating to the settings and becomes almost unresponsive. Unplugged, waited overnight and restarted, the WiFi connected for a minute or so, and again the same issue. The mouse cursor would disappear after few seconds and navigation only possible with the up/down/right/left key. WiFi list is empty and the TV keeps "searching..", even if it lists my WiFi, after entering the password (takes a very long time) it gives a message "Cannot connect to the network, retry" 
      Tried the following options and no luck, can anybody help??
      - Unplug the TV, WiFi router and restart
      - Set the date and time manually in the TV
      - Turn off Quick Start
      - Selected appropriate country in location
      - Firmware updated (No more updates found) 
      TV model: 43UJ632T-TA, Software Version: 06:00:15, webOS Version: 43UJ632T-TA
      WiFi is 5 GHz with more than 120 mbps connection, couple of other devices connected without issues.