Quantcast

PGS subtitles support and darker options for subtitles color

Hello,

It would be a great addition if OLED TVs had more options for subtitles color: like a dark gray, a very dark gray and maybe a transparency setting also. As it currently stands the subtitles ruin the watching experience a bit because they're too bright on HDR content :( The gray option nearly identical to white.

Also support for more subtitle formats such as PGS would be great, it would remove the need to have an external device for video playback and improve the overall experience.

Regards

Luís

• Like 1

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, It would be a great addition if OLED TVs had more options for subtitles color: like a dark gray, a very dark gray and maybe a transparency setting also. As it currently stands the subtitle

I agree too

15 hours ago, LuisM said:

Hello,

It would be a great addition if OLED TVs had more options for subtitles color: like a dark gray, a very dark gray and maybe a transparency setting also. As it currently stands the subtitles ruin the watching experience a bit because they're too bright on HDR content :( The gray option nearly identical to white.

Also support for more subtitle formats such as PGS would be great, it would remove the need to have an external device for video playback and improve the overall experience.

Regards

Luís

I agree too

• Like 1

To add to this subtitles issue: it would also be great if there were more options to make the text smaller (even on the smallest setting it's still "huge" on my 55" I can even imagine on a 65").

And the positioning only goes to -2, it should go to -4/-5 so that it would sit lower on the screen.

• 10 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ironmonkey
      Just bought an LGLED-65UJ630 65INCH TV. Right away I started to get the message "This app will now restart to free up more memory". After searching the internet and forums, I now understand that this problem is huge, it has been going on for years now and it is right across many models of LG TV's.
      I have tried everything to fix this problem. It has the latest firmware. I did the factory reset and that lasted 4 hours before I got the message back. I turn off the TV and leave it for 10 minutes, maybe one hour later I get the message. I delete browsing history, maybe 10 minutes and I get the message..... you get the message.
      As I understand it, the problem is that LG TV's don't have enough internal memory, but they have shipped a ton of their "smart" TV's with this problem.
      My question is, has anybody heard anything from anybody, anywhere about a solution to this problem. I really want to keep this TV, but it is not fit for purpose in this state.     
    • By Marcelo
      I'm watching a movie (mkv) that has 10 built-in link hidden, please login to view, but webOs only shows 8 options and the one I want to select is the ninth option. My TV is LG 55 OLED B6. Is there a way to make this selection?  
    • By Sana
      Hi
      my lg tv once used to have youtube and other apps 
      other apps are still there but youtube cant be seen, may be deleted by kids by mistake. But when I went to download youtube from content store couldn’t find store ... now m confused. Can somebody help to get lg app store back!!
    • By Vanilton Coelho
      Hi people,

Recently bought one 49LF6350 and one 43LF6350 and the two models have the same problem, whenever I try to open an application, informs me that I have to update (required update, you must update this app to launch it. the update may cause data to be stored deleted.), and when I try to update, it gives an error message (application has not Been instaled. try again). It happens to apps also store to at new install. what may be occurring?

software version: 3:03:04
      WebOS TV version: 2.0.2-3928 (behive-badlands)

thanks.
    • By Dave Howard
      Hi,
      Pop up on my TV this morning saying I can have a free power board replacement as there has been reports of overheating issues.
      Anyone else had this?
      My tv is LG OLED65B7V HDR 4K Ultra Smart TV