Quantcast

Cannot upgrade software or download apps

LesB

Question

12 answers to this question

On 1/1/2020 at 11:16 PM, LesB said:

Just got off the phone with lg service, they said they are having software issues with their site and it should be fixed later today or 

On 1/1/2020 at 10:43 PM, Filthyanimal411 said:

I am having exact same problem. Can't install apps. For example, I can't install

link hidden, please login to view
Prime from App store or download update from home app screen. 

Had the exact same problem.i just found a solution from a youtube video(well at least for my tv).The trick is to change the DNS SERVER

Go to; settings>network>Wi-Fi connection>Advanced settings > DNS SERVER>Edit then change it to 8.8.8.8

After that everything Apps started updating and installing  just fine. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By Shah Abhay
      I purchased tv lg 7550
      I download jio tv app how
      Ple tell me
    • By News Reporter
      Coming to Earlier LG Smart TV Models, webOS Re:New Program Gives More Users
      Access to the Elevated Home Entertainment Experience Most Recent Platform Provides

SEOUL, Jan. 4, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) announced that it is offering the latest upgrade* of the webOS smart TV platform to owners of older LG Smart TVs, effectively evolving their smart TV into the ultimate home entertainment hub.
      In early 2024, the webOS Re:New program will bring the latest webOS upgrade to every model in LG’s 2022 OLED TV lineup, LG OLED Flex, LG OLED Objet Collection Posé as well as LG’s 2022 QNED Mini LED 8K (QNED99/95 series), promising users the joy of a new TV experience for the next five years. This upgrade will be extended to more LG TVs worldwide in the future to add more entertainment and versatility to the TV experience across the world.
      With the latest version of webOS, LG Smart TV owners can enjoy an even more personalized TV experience with a Home Screen that greets users with recommendations according to their tastes. The user interface is highly customizable, which means viewers can personalize the selection of content and services and access them with even greater ease. And to make the process even more seamless, the Quick Card UI intuitively sorts diverse content and services into categories like music, games and sports within a user-centric interface that resembles mobile user interface design.
      What’s more, courtesy of advanced security technology and an optimized operating system, users are protected with a high level of stability, security and seamlessness throughout the entire viewing experience.
      With more LG Smart TVs adopting the latest webOS upgrade, content providers and service developers will have more opportunities to spread new content, services and features to a wider audience.
      LG has shared its bold vision to become a media and entertainment platform, a business transformation that will enrich customers’ lives by delivering valuable services and a unique collection of curated content across its wide-ranging products. Powering more than 200 million LG Smart TVs worldwide, webOS will continue to evolve through significant upgrades to constantly revolutionize the customer experience. LG is poised to invest heavily in its webOS business to secure a vast library of content and services so that it can cater to the diverse lifestyles and preferences of consumers, strengthening its competitive edge in content selection and convenience.
      “Demonstrated by the constant improvement to the webOS platform’s UX and UI, LG is firmly dedicated to elevating convenience and security, ensuring that users benefit from a hassle-free and secure experience when using our products,” said Baik Seon-pill, leader of the LG Home Entertainment Company’s Product Planning Division. “We strive to provide life-enriching experiences for our customers by delivering a wide range of content and services on our TVs.”
      The LG Home Entertainment Company’s latest innovations will be on show at CES 2024 from January 9-12 at the LG booth (#16008, Las Vegas Convention Center). To keep up with all of LG’s exciting announcements at CES, visit
      link hidden, please login to view and . # # #
      * Pop-up notifications offering a full upgrade without the need to select specific UX, UI or features are only sent to customers who have agreed to receive them. Please note that this upgrade does not cover the TV’s hardware performance, features or durability.

• By williemyers
      hi all,
      for a couple of years now, I've enjoyed AirPlay between my mid-2012 MacBook Pro and my LG Smart TV. But last week, I had to do a Migriation Asst./Time Machine re-install of the system drive on my MacBook Pro/Mojave. Result is that I can no longer get a connection with my LG TV. Two things:
      When attempting to AirPlay connect, I now get a Mac window asking for a PIN code. Then , the LG goes black and gives me a 4-digit AirPlay code, I enter it in to the Mac, but it reports, "could not connect to LG TV" etc. 2. I've put an AirPlay icon in the menu bar, but when I click on it, I see a greyed-out "AirPlay:" that constantly switches back and forth between "AirPlay: Looking for TV..." and "AirPlay: Off"
      All help/thoughts appreciated!
    • By Maher1976
      Hi
      I have smart LG tv 2015 model 42LY760H. 
      I think I have WebOs-1 .
      I am trying to find update to download it on USB stick but I couldn't find even on lg official website. 
      Do you have any useful information or link to help me.
      Thank you