Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Question

So tv was working fine went to load and app today and wouldn't install, did a factory reset, reset the router, connected to phone hotspot

And can't get the user agreement to load. Even did the DNS 8.8.8.8 thing. Any advice?

47 answers to this question

It might be a good idea to get a backup device like a Roku if we’re using apps to watch TV. LG servers going down like this without warning makes for a very boring day off when I had plans to binge-watch.

Same here in New Zealand, 

man am i glad you people have been posting from round the world, i was just about to take my TV back to the shop, Which is closed today (2 January). 

I have the same problem with my 55C9 I bought yesterday and set up this am. :(  Thanks for posting about this.  I was going to call tech support Thursday and I am sure I would have been frustrated as  result.

Bob

So thankful for this forum! I also called LG almost 8 hours ago after I reset one of my new LG tvs to troubleshoot issues with YouTube TV. The OLED TV worked fine but the 4K 55” kept restarting programs. After resetting  the TV 3 more times & trying hotspot just to make sure it wasn’t my modem, I finally gave up and called LG. I was on hold for more than 30 min when I got the same BS answer that they were doing maintenance on their servers. When I asked why my other TV was still working, they were unable to answer.  Hmmm. I asked if they would call me back when problem was resolved and was told NO. Very disappointed & concerned that it has not been fixed yet. 1st time buyer of LG TVs and may be the last if it does take 24 hours to fix!

• Like 1

There cannot be a sw bug that needs 24 hours to fix. If the servers have backup servers and sw is properly tested, then there should be no 24 hour outage. Of course, in the case of a denial of service attack.

• Like 1

the problem lies in the memory of the TV the emmc that loses the keys in fact if you enter the tv menu in the product info items the items are all zero at the end in that way it is not possible to load any firmware, it would have to have a firmware that rewrites all the data

even at the hardware level, cloning a memory from another product has the same result because the keys of the type are for each individual product therefore all different

!!!!!! OLD MODEL HAS THIS PROBLEM BY MANY MONTHS !!!!!

- modello: 43UH650V-ZB (s/n 605MAYY6N554)
- versione TV webOS: 3.3.4-4212
- archiviazione: 0.34/0.62
- SW File: 05.50.55

CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE TOLD ME IT WAS A VIRUS (!) AND TO BRING THE TV TO TECH.ASSISTENCE WHERE THEY WANT TO CHANGE THE MOTHERBOARD FOR 250€ !

UPDATE THIS FIRMWARE AND GIVE US THE CHANCE TODOWNLOAD THE USER AGREEMENT

OR

GIVE US THE POSSIBILITY TO WORKAROUND TO THIS PROBLEM!