Quantcast

I have a suggestion for better prevention of burn in

I have a suggestion to extend life of oled TVs.

I have read many manufacturers are doing attempts to prevent permanent burn in or Image retention. the most stupid one with another manufacturer was to show a screen saver even if you are watching movie if you do not touch the remote buttons for 30 minutes.

One best approach is to show screen saver when there is no one watching TV, for example when the TV is in the Living Room, a very cheap motion detection sensor at wide angel can detect movements and if there is no one there you can show screen saver or whatever good for oled, the type of sensor is your business.

There are many times a person in the house turns our the TV and is doing his/her things and moving between rooms, the TV can rest bug just the audio is on.

This is also good if someone is working in the kitchen and just want to listen to the TV.

User  should be able to customize or turn off this feature.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Satya_
      Software version 05.30.10 default web browser just updated and the address bar appear on the top of the screen which bother me a lot while playing a video please add a Full screen option to it
    • By Xuancong Wang
      Dear LG TV developers,
      I am glad to see that LG Smart TV has a built-in web browser and LG API supports "openBrowserAt" so that my smart home controller can open a web page on the TV. However, nowadays, we also have ms-teams online meeting that is accessible through web browser which the LG TV supports. However, this requires the browser to have a microphone to record audio and to have a webcam for video recording. Also, certain smart-home systems also need built-in microphone to record voice commands so that no additional standalone unit is required next to the TV.
      Unfortunately, LG Smart TV (I have OLED48A1PTA) does not have microphone neither does it support USB mic/webcam. So I am writing this post to suggest that future middle/higher-end LG Smart TV can be equipped with these. Moreover, it might be possible for TV firmware update to add the support of USB webcam/microphone so that they can be used in web browsers for web-based online meeting.
      Thank you very much for your consideration!
      Best regards,
      Xuancong
    • By News Reporter
      To Become a Smart Life Solutions Company, LG is Harnessing AI to
      Expand and Enhance Living Spaces and Customer Experience

SEOUL, Nov. 28, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) invites consumers from around the world to tune in to its LG World Premiere press conference and to come visit its exhibition booth at CES in Las Vegas this January. The press conference, hosted under the theme ‘Reinvent your future,’ is scheduled to kick off at 08:00 (PST) on January 8 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
      Arriving on stage first, LG CEO William Cho will be announcing the company’s key areas of focus for 2024 and beyond. Major topics will include LG’s transformation into a Smart Life Solution Company – declared earlier in July as Future Vision 2030 – and how it is leveraging AI to expand and enhance both the living space and the customer experience. The LG World Premiere is set to unveil more details of what the vision truly means and promises for the consumers.
      The state-of-the-art products unveiled during the press conference will be on show during CES 2024 at LG’s booth. Along with impressive displays, jaw-dropping technology installations and entertaining interactive exhibits, visitors can explore and learn more how its innovations will improve lives across various areas, including the home, commercial and mobility.
      LG World Premiere will be livestreamed on the LG website and
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #

• By Elaine Crew
      Can you please help - I want to download some apps to my TV but I do not have a Content Finder. Wht can I do?? 
    • By News Reporter
      Technology in the automotive sector is advancing swiftly. Electric cars and autonomous driving are rapidly evolving, and we’re now seeing tremendous changes in the automotive landscape. In just ten years, LG Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company has transitioned from being a newcomer in the mobility industry to an established player.
      After a decade of fulfilling customer demands and their expectations, the LG VS company has reached an important point in our history. In this year of our 10th anniversary, we are shifting gears to drive lasting growth by focusing on what matters most: delivering customer value, being passionate about innovation and holding true to our sense of purpose.

LG’s highest priority has always been customer value. With decades of expertise in the consumer electronics industry, LG possesses valuable insights into consumers’ wants and needs – which the LG VS company is now leveraging to create value for our auto industry customers and end users.
      Our competitive edge and unique selling proposition lie in our ability to deliver strong customer value. The LG VS Company strives to provide outstanding technology and design innovations that are tailored to our customers’ needs. We will continue to develop solutions that have never been provided before. This is why automakers trust us to be the right partner to help realize their vision.

Passion and a sense of purpose are the other key foundations of LG’s business. The LG VS Company is pursuing its objective to enhance customer value with more passion and purpose than ever before. With our vision of Driving Better Future Mobility, we are strengthening our market presence and reinforcing our reputation as an “Innovation Partner for Future Mobility.” Our scope and vision have now been broadened. Not only are we aiding in the creation of new mobility technologies, but we are also actively driving tangible changes in the mobility experience.
      The vehicle is no longer just a means of transportation. It is an integrated space where users can enjoy comfort, entertainment and safety. To provide such future mobility experience, we at LG will continuously bring fresh perspectives to the wider auto industry. We will also leverage our insights, knowledge and capabilities to provide our partners with innovative solutions for the road ahead.

By Eun Seok-hyun, president of LG Vehicle component Solutions Company
       # # #

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content