Quantcast

65UB9500 connect to BlueTooth Headphones

Russ Pencin

Question

9 answers to this question

I think my tv is much older.

When I go to the LG Connections screen there is no Bluetooth selection.  The closest I find is "LG Sound Sync (wireless)" to be used with a sound bar. 

I have tried every input selection and have "searched device" multiple times - all to no avail.

My JBL BT headphones connect seamlessly to my phone and my Windows 10 PC... I bought the headphones specifically to use with the tv.

Very frustrating!

We appreciate your interest in this television. To check compatibility with Bluetooth Headsets, review the SOUND menu for the SOUND OUT option. If your model has the LG SOUND SYNC option available, then certain LG Bluetooth Headsets should be compatible. These models are as follows: LG BTS1, LG HBS-700, LG HBS-730 and LG HBS-800. We cannot guarantee the compatibility of any other Bluetooth Headsets.

Shameful customer experience - - I'm going with Samsung this year (2019)

This unit worked for me when connected to RCA Jacks:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077MXFJGQ/?tag=headphonesty0420-20. There is a newer model that supports BT 5.0...
Original Content From: https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/4694-why-does-lg-not-list-3rd-party-bluetooth-headsets-that-are-compatible-with-lg-sound-sync/

OLED 65B8PUA  -- The specs show Bluetooth.  I am not happy that Bluetooth is not available if you want to use internal TV speakers at the same time!  I can use headphones (hearing impaired) but no TV speakers for others to watch TV with me.  😞

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By curious george
      Hi, I'd like to disable the bluetooth on my G2 and was wondering if this was possible without having to disconnect the bluetooth module in the back?
    • By DavidSr
      We have two LG TV's that stopped connecting to our PLEX media server after the last update. TImes out saying "Checking connection speed to Raspberrypi" which the PLEX is on
      Upgraded the Mesh Routers before trying anything, still only the PLEX app doesn't work
      Our other TCL TV and Roku and TIVO still work with Plex, so this is only the LG TV's that can't connect anymore.
      Another annoying error after the last update is that any Streaming app (Amazon, Netflix, and DIsney) now fall out of the app and go back to HDMI port 1 if we pause for 30 seconds.  Which we have always done for a Bathroom break or getting drinks.
    • By appie
      I have an LG 43UR80006LJ TV. Because of hearing difficulties, I generally use bluetooth iphone earpods headphones when watching the TV.  As far as I have been able to determine, there appears to be no way to use the headphones and also have the TV speakers working at the same time. This means that if I'm watching TV, no one else can watch and listen unless they have headphones.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to have the headphones and TV speakers working at the same time? Thx
    • By williemyers
      hi all,
      for a couple of years now, I've enjoyed AirPlay between my mid-2012 MacBook Pro and my LG Smart TV. But last week, I had to do a Migriation Asst./Time Machine re-install of the system drive on my MacBook Pro/Mojave. Result is that I can no longer get a connection with my LG TV. Two things:
      When attempting to AirPlay connect, I now get a Mac window asking for a PIN code. Then , the LG goes black and gives me a 4-digit AirPlay code, I enter it in to the Mac, but it reports, "could not connect to LG TV" etc. 2. I've put an AirPlay icon in the menu bar, but when I click on it, I see a greyed-out "AirPlay:" that constantly switches back and forth between "AirPlay: Looking for TV..." and "AirPlay: Off"
      All help/thoughts appreciated!
    • By robp
      55UJ651V After a few minutes, the Bluetooth clicks and disconnects. Sometimes it then re-starts the tv into the on mode, with nothing selected. It will not find the bluetooth device again. Unless, I try a different Blutooth device and then it does the same thing all over again. Is there any answer to this - or does the module need replacing. There seems to be a lot of discussion online regarding Bluetooth issues with LG. I have hearing issues and must use headphones! This is impossible!