Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Russ Pencin

65UB9500 connect to BlueTooth Headphones

Question

7 answers to this question

Go to settings/sound/sound out/devices. 

It should search for Bluetooth devices and once it's recognised I think you click on pair.  I have a different tv but it's a 2018 model so may be very similar?

I think my tv is much older.

When I go to the LG Connections screen there is no Bluetooth selection.  The closest I find is "LG Sound Sync (wireless)" to be used with a sound bar. 

I have tried every input selection and have "searched device" multiple times - all to no avail.

My JBL BT headphones connect seamlessly to my phone and my Windows 10 PC... I bought the headphones specifically to use with the tv.

Very frustrating!

We appreciate your interest in this television. To check compatibility with Bluetooth Headsets, review the SOUND menu for the SOUND OUT option. If your model has the LG SOUND SYNC option available, then certain LG Bluetooth Headsets should be compatible. These models are as follows: LG BTS1, LG HBS-700, LG HBS-730 and LG HBS-800. We cannot guarantee the compatibility of any other Bluetooth Headsets.

Shameful customer experience - - I'm going with Samsung this year (2019)

This unit worked for me when connected to RCA Jacks:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077MXFJGQ/?tag=headphonesty0420-20. There is a newer model that supports BT 5.0...
Original Content From: https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/4694-why-does-lg-not-list-3rd-party-bluetooth-headsets-that-are-compatible-with-lg-sound-sync/