Quantcast

LG UH7700 Video Issues

Hello,

I have an issue with a 2 year old LG UH7700 4K tv. Please note, the TV went to an authorized LG repair  shop provided by LG itself:

Issue: 3/4 of the screen all of the sudden was not working. It went to black opacity and full black.  

This first occurred one morning when I first started tv. Called LG and it was over the warrant by a year so they provided with a certified tv repair technician. They replaced the LED bulbs and tested by keeping it in for 8 hours while viewing it periodically through the day. They had no issues. They came and mounted it on my wall and within a minute the 3/4 black screen occurred again. They brought it back to the shop. Told us it was faulty led lights they received. They put new ones in again. They tested it out. No luck. The issue occurred at the shop. They replaced the mother board. Same result. Then they replaced the entire unit the LEDs come on and that fixed the problem. The TV ever looked this good when we first got it. I always had to crank backlight to 100. Now it’s at 50 and the picture was better than before. 2 nights later while watching tv, it happened again.  Now, I turned it off and on 3 times and the picture came back. This morning I turned on TV and the issue came back. Anyone else come across this? Attached is an image.

Thanks,

JC

93D07977-B571-45B7-9A02-9DC3D7EB3DC8.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By nkat
      Hello Team,
      I'm unable to play any video  any video on LG TV WebOS browswer. 
      I've tried to play
      link hidden, please login to viewm also, but no luck. I've toggled (on and off) the 'Adpative Javascript video stream' settings in browser but no luck.
      Can any one help on this .?
    • By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By JLO
      Hello, I'm really disappointed that my new 4k TV model 2023 is not able to play goPro video in default high resolution. As I see from properties it has got 5312 x 2988 30fps, bit rate 190kbps audio 48kHz. Does not matter I tried it direcly from SD card or remote bluetooth cast, it says wrong format... Only I can view goPro static pictures and just thumbnails of mp4 videos... Of course, there are some older guide how to convert mp4 video to lowerr resolution etc. But I do not understand why to do it.. Any other Windows or Android devices can do it, include the 10 years old ones... It really cripples my brand new 4k TV, please help. Just I'm afraid only a firmware update can solve it. Thank you.
    • By KNICKNL
      TV: LG OLED65C16LA
      I have a Sonos ARC Center Speaker connected to the HDMI eARC port, when this happens bluetooth function on TV does not stay activated, is there a solution?
    • By Markus Kern
      I have a Marantz Cinema 70s (Version  3400-8281-E054-8790-DTS Version  3.90.50.82) and an LG G29 83"(03.33.65)which has propatly an HDMI handshake problem.

Both devices have Arc/eARC turned on/off and the HDMI cable (2.1) is connected to the ARC/eARC output on the Marantz and to the HDMI2 Arc/eARC input on the LG.

I can't get sound from the Web OS / Amazon Prime transferred to my Marantz...I have to switch manually the TV to speakers from the TV.  It can't be.
      With all other devices connected to the Marantz, the sound works perfectly.
      I spoken allready to the German Marantz  and also to LG Support. Marantz told me it was known that there could be a handshake problem. I should deactivate eARC on both the Marantz and the LG and then switch it back on first on the Marantz and then on the TV.

LG told me to unplug the TV for 2 minutes.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? Maybe I have overlooked some important settings.

thx for your help & advises in advance !

Solved