Quantcast

LG UH7700 Video Issues

Hello,

I have an issue with a 2 year old LG UH7700 4K tv. Please note, the TV went to an authorized LG repair  shop provided by LG itself:

Issue: 3/4 of the screen all of the sudden was not working. It went to black opacity and full black.  

This first occurred one morning when I first started tv. Called LG and it was over the warrant by a year so they provided with a certified tv repair technician. They replaced the LED bulbs and tested by keeping it in for 8 hours while viewing it periodically through the day. They had no issues. They came and mounted it on my wall and within a minute the 3/4 black screen occurred again. They brought it back to the shop. Told us it was faulty led lights they received. They put new ones in again. They tested it out. No luck. The issue occurred at the shop. They replaced the mother board. Same result. Then they replaced the entire unit the LEDs come on and that fixed the problem. The TV ever looked this good when we first got it. I always had to crank backlight to 100. Now it’s at 50 and the picture was better than before. 2 nights later while watching tv, it happened again.  Now, I turned it off and on 3 times and the picture came back. This morning I turned on TV and the issue came back. Anyone else come across this? Attached is an image.

Thanks,

JC

93D07977-B571-45B7-9A02-9DC3D7EB3DC8.jpeg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

By Guest
      JioCinema has a good collection of movies and shows , it would be cool if we could atleast side load the app or it would be officially released .
    • By Ugljesa Merdovic
      I bought a TV with webos 5 system yesterday. Content Store says it is unavailable. I tried changing the location, Internet DNS, factory reset, but nothing. i can't install any app on tv. Can someone help me, any solution?

• By Agustina
      Hi, my lg 60uj6580-sd updates automatically and I haven't had any problem until firmware update (I think) 06.00.10 made my tv really slow: apps freeze, as well as videos, and tv control sometimes (if not most of the time) doesn't respond because it freezes too. How can I fix it?
    • By Alex
      Starting a topic on US deals on LG webOS TVs for Black Friday this year. Please post anything you see coming out.
      Great place to keep an eye on as ads come out: 
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      Equipped With the Company’s Powerful Filtration Systems, LG CordZero Vacuum
      Cleaners Meet the Highest Grade for Indoor Air Quality and Safety

SEOUL, Nov. 16, 2022 — LG Electronics’ (LG) CordZeroTM vacuum lineup products have received Gold certification from UL Solutions1, a global leader in applied safety science. The products, including the LG CordZeroThinQ A9 Kompressor and CordZero A9 stick vacuums, CordZero R9 robot vacuum and the All-in-One Tower, are the first in the vacuum cleaner category to have earned UL’s certification, confirming the effectiveness of reducing the risk of chemical and particle emissions requirements.
      Committed to making the home a healthier and safer place, LG offers a number of Gold-certified solutions for a better life, including residential air conditioner models and the LG DUAL Vane system air conditioner. The latest LG air solution products to have met UL’s strictest standards for volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, CordZero vacuums provide excellent cleaning performance without negatively impacting air quality in the home. Leveraging LG’s comprehensive filtration system, CordZero vacuums effectively remove dust from the indoor environment and, just as importantly, prevent it from reentering.
      VOC emissions can cause a variety of health complications and can be particularly harmful to young children and the elderly. Gold is the highest grade achievable in UL’s certification program, confirming that a product generates low VOC emissions2, making indoor spaces safer and more comfortable for everyone.
      Serving as a docking station for LG CordZero stick vacuums, the innovative All-in-One Tower features an antibacterial dust bag, a removable and washable motor protection filters and a highly efficient automated dustbin-emptying system that prevents fine dust particles from escaping. Space-saving and easy to use, the All-in-One Tower also provides quick charging and hassle-free storage for vacuum accessories.
      “As part of our goal to create a ‘Better Life for All,’ we are expanding our efforts to provide products that are better for consumers and the environment,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “LG will continue to offer differentiated customer experiences through state-of-the-art home appliances designed with the health of people and the planet in mind.”
      # # #
      1 The certification indicates UL 2819 – 2013 Gold Standard for Chemical and Particle Emissions for Electronic Equipment (UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification), certifying products tested in accordance with UL 2823 test method.
      2 In its “Total Exposure Assessment Methodology (TEAM) Study,” the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) found that exposure to volatile organic compounds (VOCs) can be harmful to people’s health, causing a variety of issues including eye, nose and throat irritation, headaches, loss of coordination and nausea, damage to the liver, kidneys and central nervous system. ( link hidden, please login to view)