Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

MidGe

SBS Ondemand and ABC iView breakup since last upgrade

Question

Since the last upgrade, if not before, my LG smartTV [OLED55B8]  does not play SBS Ondemand or ABC Iview correctly. The streaming hangs a minute or so after the start and keeps on breaking up every two minutes or so making it unwatchable.

I know the problem is with the TV, as a set-top box on the same network does not show the problem at all. My connection never goes below 90Mbs, not even during peak time and a ping of 3ms. I have reset the TV but that has not rectified the problem.

What gives?

I am adding this as I just noticed that I have these breakups on youtube as well.  :( And again, no issues with the set stop box.

3 answers to this question

MidGe

I answered earlier today but being new to the forum, I probably didn't do it correctly but am now properly joined, so here's hoping this gets to you. Did you get any resolution to the problem with your LG Tv.?

My 55 inch Lg smart Tv, bought in September 2018,  is doing exactly what you describe. Both ABC and SBS stop repeatedly. Other things such as YouTube, Netflix etc are  ok.   It is clearly a TV issue as desktop computer ( ethernet) and ipad and phone (wifi) work fine on both of those sites.  I asked our local Facebook community site and someone said they had the same problem. Sounds like they didn't resolve it. 

I don't think I have any chance with LG as it is out of warranty. The screen was recently replaced under a 'good will' extension of my warranty and the problem has worsened since that repair.  I will call the repairer and see what they have to say, but am not hopeful. Looks like I got a lemon!  

Yes, mine fixed itself up after a few days.  Of course, that was 5 months ago.

Hope yours fix itself as well. Make sure that any updates have been applied.

Interesting. Last night at about11pm, after a lot of researching, I unplugged my wireless headphones. I had been reading about things that could interfere with wifi. Both ABC and SBS worked fine! I then plugged the headphones back in and it stayed working ok. This morning with headphones still plugged in they are both still working ok. Unplugging the headphones maybe gave the two systems a chance to find their own way on the same frequency ( both 2.5ghz).  I did read something about how they are on the same frequency and yet can operate, somehow, at the same time.  Thinking about it, these troubles started not long after  I bought the headphones.  Here's hoping. Thanks for your time.