LG Content Store is Missing

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Thank you for your help George. I bought an Amazon Firestick which works well. 😊

I have the same problem. The content store has gone missing. Only premium store available with 5 apps in it. Using a 50LB650V-ZN. 

14 answers to this question

The model #:  47LM6400

This is the message I sent to LG: 

I have a 2013 LG Smart TV. I cancelled cable TV and tried to load apps on the LG TV but am finding it impossible. I have searched google to no avail and LG FAQs. When I press "home" there are only three apps loaded - Netflix, a Karaok and a weather app. I click on Premium and there is nothing. I have signed in and still cannot load apps. I want to add Amazon Prime, YouTube, Crave, etc. Is this possible? If so, how.? Thanks for your assistance.

I finally had to call them and the person that I spoke to clearly did not know how to answer the question. She put me on hold and came back and said my LG TV was a 2012 manufactured model and what I see is what I get. She stated that I cannot add any further apps to the TV. I have a hard time believing this but ..... .

Thanks for any assistance you may provide! :)
9 hours ago, Kayaem M said:

The model #:  47LM6400

This is the message I sent to LG: 

I have a 2013 LG Smart TV. I cancelled cable TV and tried to load apps on the LG TV but am finding it impossible. I have searched google to no avail and LG FAQs. When I press "home" there are only three apps loaded - Netflix, a Karaok and a weather app. I click on Premium and there is nothing. I have signed in and still cannot load apps. I want to add Amazon Prime, YouTube, Crave, etc. Is this possible? If so, how.? Thanks for your assistance.

I finally had to call them and the person that I spoke to clearly did not know how to answer the question. She put me on hold and came back and said my LG TV was a 2012 manufactured model and what I see is what I get. She stated that I cannot add any further apps to the TV. I have a hard time believing this but ..... .

Thanks for any assistance you may provide!

Hi Kayaem,

Sadly your model of television pre-dates webOS, it runs the now defunct NetCast system.  Your best option is to purchase a device such as a ROKU or Amazon Fire TV stick.

5 hours ago, kashif javed said:

@George Hofmeister my tv has the same problem of missing LG CONTENT STORE.it 201`s tv with webos.and model is 55UW761H

kindly help me solve this issu

Hi Kashif,

You have a TV designed for the commercial market, conference rooms, hotel bedrooms and the like and as such does not access the Content Store in the same manner as a retail market TV.

I suggest downloading the TV's information from the LG website: 

link hidden, please login to view

1 minute ago, kashif javed said:

@George Hofmeister thenks for the information dear

is the any solution to convert it for home use 

mean to say that if i can get or install content store in it

Hi @kashif javed

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to do a conversion, firmware is linked to data built-in the hardware so one will not work on another.  The best option is going to be the same I gave to @Kayaem M to get a ROKU 4K device.