Quantcast
Jump to content



  • Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

    Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

  • 1
Kayaem M

LG Content Store is Missing

Question

The LG Content Store is missing from my smart TV so I can’t add any apps. It’s an older smart TV and the ribbon does not look like the newer models. Is it hidden somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
9 hours ago, Kayaem M said:

The LG Content Store is missing from my smart TV so I can’t add any apps. It’s an older smart TV and the ribbon does not look like the newer models. Is it hidden somewhere?

Can you post the model number so the forum members can better help you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 0

The model #:  47LM6400

This is the message I sent to LG: 

 
I have a 2013 LG Smart TV. I cancelled cable TV and tried to load apps on the LG TV but am finding it impossible. I have searched google to no avail and LG FAQs. When I press "home" there are only three apps loaded - Netflix, a Karaok and a weather app. I click on Premium and there is nothing. I have signed in and still cannot load apps. I want to add Amazon Prime, YouTube, Crave, etc. Is this possible? If so, how.? Thanks for your assistance.
 
I finally had to call them and the person that I spoke to clearly did not know how to answer the question. She put me on hold and came back and said my LG TV was a 2012 manufactured model and what I see is what I get. She stated that I cannot add any further apps to the TV. I have a hard time believing this but ..... .
 
Thanks for any assistance you may provide! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, Kayaem M said:

The model #:  47LM6400

This is the message I sent to LG: 

 
I have a 2013 LG Smart TV. I cancelled cable TV and tried to load apps on the LG TV but am finding it impossible. I have searched google to no avail and LG FAQs. When I press "home" there are only three apps loaded - Netflix, a Karaok and a weather app. I click on Premium and there is nothing. I have signed in and still cannot load apps. I want to add Amazon Prime, YouTube, Crave, etc. Is this possible? If so, how.? Thanks for your assistance.
 
I finally had to call them and the person that I spoke to clearly did not know how to answer the question. She put me on hold and came back and said my LG TV was a 2012 manufactured model and what I see is what I get. She stated that I cannot add any further apps to the TV. I have a hard time believing this but ..... .
 
Thanks for any assistance you may provide!

Hi Kayaem,

Sadly your model of television pre-dates webOS, it runs the now defunct NetCast system.  Your best option is to purchase a device such as a ROKU or Amazon Fire TV stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 0
5 hours ago, kashif javed said:

@George Hofmeister my tv has the same problem of missing LG CONTENT STORE.it 201`s tv with webos.and model is 55UW761H

kindly help me solve this issu

Hi Kashif,

You have a TV designed for the commercial market, conference rooms, hotel bedrooms and the like and as such does not access the Content Store in the same manner as a retail market TV.

I suggest downloading the TV's information from the LG website: 

link hidden, please login to view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, kashif javed said:

@George Hofmeister thenks for the information dear

is the any solution to convert it for home use 

mean to say that if i can get or install content store in it

Hi @kashif javed

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to do a conversion, firmware is linked to data built-in the hardware so one will not work on another.  The best option is going to be the same I gave to @Kayaem M to get a ROKU 4K device.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 0
On 8/21/2019 at 11:04 PM, kashif javed said:

@George Hofmeister my tv has the same problem of missing LG CONTENT STORE.it 201`s tv with webos.and model is 55UW761H

kindly help me solve this issu

Also same! my LG smart tv 42LB670T has missing LG content store app. How to fix this.

Pls kindly advice these issue 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi guys. LG content store is missing in my TV. The model is 55EG910T. Instead of LG content store is premium. My webos version is   04.06.30. I live in middle east. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have the same problem. The content store has gone missing. Only premium store available with 5 apps in it. Using a 50LB650V-ZN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Topics

    • By Janagam Venu
      Hi friends
      How to change video quality in online streaming apps such as Amazon prime, Netflix and hot star. My TV model is "LG 43UM7290PTF" and os version is 4.71.30
    • By Kenneth Mollinedo Romero
      In the webos browser i try to watch online tv of this channel www.unitel.tv.  I can't.  Every time i've tried it lags a lot and finally a message that the page can't load.  I have 6MB internet access. On my PC I can watch normally.
    • By adolfo melilli
      Hello, for some reason, in the region where I live (Friuli, near Venice, Italy) the Main TV Provider (RAI) does not transmit the program plan for its channels.... while all the others do...
      Unfortunately I'm specially interested in recording RAI events, because I'm at work when they go on air....
      I own a LG 43UJ70V1 since 10 days, in absence of the program list I did not find a way to program a recording  from RAI....
      I'm quite disappointed because  I was sure (and still I am)  there must be a way to plan a recording by knowing the channel, the start date/time and the stop date/time or duration... but I couldn't find it.. I saw this feature in many 15-years-old TV sets, I can't believe it's no more in this super hi-tech expensive thing...
      As an alternative, is it possible to download the list from the internet??    this is also a feature that was already working in 15 years ago TV's.
      is there any app in the LG store to work out of this?
      thankyou
    • By Brandon Huettner
      I keep getting this annoying notification that says "Device online" in the top right corner of the screen.  I cannot figure out how to disable it, nor can I find anything about it.  There is an icon of a router in the notification that looks like mine, so does that mean that a device on my network is now connected, or is the TV now online?  It happens quite often, so I don't think that the TV would be connecting and disconnecting that often.  I have an LG UH6090 with webOS 04.21.10.  Any help would be great!
    • By Rufusvg
      I have managed to get content to play online but have no subtitles when needed. Is there a way to play content via the lg web os browser and have subtitles displayed as well. Anyone come across this problem as it's a bit specific?


×
×
  • Create New...