Quantcast

LG B7V suddenly won't connect to 5ghz wifi

ollie88r

Question

For the past year my B7V has been connected to the router via 5GHz wifi with absolutely no issues.  Last week it suddenly stopped worked and will not reconnect. I get "failed to connect" (or something along those lines) every time. 

Here is a quick list of the facts/my observations/things I have tried.

• None of the other devices in my house have this problem.
  • The TV is in the same room as the router
  • The TV can connect to 2.4GHz
  • I have factory reset both the router and TV
  • I have tried various 5GHz channels
  • I have tried disabling/enabling quick-start
  • I have tried manually setting the time/date on the TV
  • I cannot change the DNS via my router, this option is not available
  • I have tried connecting via WPS 

Does anyone have any other ideas on what is causing this problem?

9 answers to this question

YES... Two days ago my tv auto-updated itself to version 05.80.20. I had several connection problems after update but somehow it worked.

Today when I open youtube app I was sitting close to television and I saw something bottom of screen like "/mc_....something folder..... something" as text, like subtitle.  It was vey fast I cold not read it completely. If I wasn't close to tv I would never pay attention. I'm in computer business and I can say something is very very wrong with new webOS version. After this message wifi comletely turned off and cannot be turned on again. 

Settings menu slow as hell. No internet related application running.

When I enter network settings, It says Wifi not connected. When I enter  wifi options it shows wifi as "ON" for one or two seconds and it turns to "OFF". No matter how I click to red switch on screen with remote, I cannot turn it on.  It stays "OFF". Tunring off and on television, also unplugging from ians power and waitin couple of minuted wont help. Modem is working, all other devices are perfectly functioning. Just to be sure I disconnected every other device at home and power off and on my modem. But no luck. 

I use netflix and youtube all the time (literally 24 hours a day)  and these apps didn't updated. Also I'm very familiar to these application speed, response times and I use them continuously.  So problem must be Webos. I used ethernet cable to connect and now it works, slow in noticeable and boring level but works. youtube videos shows up very very slow but they play. I see lots of "turning and rolling balls" (busy animated icon) on screen but anyways. videos play fine. Netflix also waits too long before asking user, as youtube, but works.

This new OS really messed up my device. One month earlier and I would have guarantee, now I don't have, its ended.

Such a shame on LG. Just one year old tv and this slow response times already make me not to use youtube application which is critical for my work.

• Thanks 1

Okay I tried this:

I disabled quickstart (In general settings) turn off tv and unplugged it. waited 1 minute and turned on again.

Now wifi can be turned on and I turned it on. Menus are still very very slow. But wifi is active entered my wifi password and message is:

unable to connect network
unknown issue has occurred
please check the status and try again
cancel-retry

I entered password several times carefully using "sow password" option but no luck.

I wish I would disable wesob auto-update feature... I'm trying to use and test my tv and is completely rubbish. There's no way I can use this remote on such a slow device.

On 4/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, Aykut Cantürk said:

YES... Two days ago my tv auto-updated itself to version 05.80.20. I had several connection problems after update but somehow it worked.

Today when I open youtube app I was sitting close to television and I saw something bottom of screen like "/mc_....something folder..... something" as text, like subtitle.  It was vey fast I cold not read it completely. If I wasn't close to tv I would never pay attention. I'm in computer business and I can say something is very very wrong with new webOS version. After this message wifi comletely turned off and cannot be turned on again. 

Settings menu slow as hell. No internet related application running.

When I enter network settings, It says Wifi not connected. When I enter  wifi options it shows wifi as "ON" for one or two seconds and it turns to "OFF". No matter how I click to red switch on screen with remote, I cannot turn it on.  It stays "OFF". Tunring off and on television, also unplugging from ians power and waitin couple of minuted wont help. Modem is working, all other devices are perfectly functioning. Just to be sure I disconnected every other device at home and power off and on my modem. But no luck. 

I use netflix and youtube all the time (literally 24 hours a day)  and these apps didn't updated. Also I'm very familiar to these application speed, response times and I use them continuously.  So problem must be Webos. I used ethernet cable to connect and now it works, slow in noticeable and boring level but works. youtube videos shows up very very slow but they play. I see lots of "turning and rolling balls" (busy animated icon) on screen but anyways. videos play fine. Netflix also waits too long before asking user, as youtube, but works.

This new OS really messed up my device. One month earlier and I would have guarantee, now I don't have, its ended.

Such a shame on LG. Just one year old tv and this slow response times already make me not to use youtube application which is critical for my work.

I agree , the Worst part is the Customer/Technical support with LG who verified with their advanced team and confirmed that the Model Lg43uj632t doesn't support dual bands even though it's Mentioned in their Product manual, if they changed the code for the 5Ghz band they should have  been smart enough to completely disable it when TV searches for the a network Ssid.

I have a LG 49SK8000 and I have the same problem but my TV has not been updated it happened over the night.  I have done the same things but it was not effective.

Here is a quick list of the facts/my observations/things I have also tried.

• The TV can connect to 2.4GHz and it's very slow
  • I have tried various 5GHz channels and different a/ac/n

Here is some important info I have gathered since posting:

I am a UPC customer (my ISP) and use their ConnectBox Modem-Router combo. Apparently this issue is caused by a specific firmware version on this device: CH7465LG-NCIP-6.12.18.25-2p3-NOSH.

There are reports that the latest version, CH7465LG-NCIP-6.12.18.25-2p4-NOSH, fixes this issue. But it has not yet been deployed in all markets. 

I have spoken to both LG and my ISP, and they both acknowledged this issue being a result of the firmware. With that said, as previously mentioned, no other devices have an issue with 5ghz and the 2p3 firmware version...so I am inclined to think that this still boils down to a crappy/cheap LG wifi driver 

So a very strange thing happened.  My TV now can connect to my modem (Wi-Fi 2.4G as shown in my modem setting. ) and as soon as connected to internet, I got a notification to update my firmware to 05.10.10. 

Everything is fine but internet is a little slow when playing 4K videos from YouTube.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:10 AM, ollie88r said:

For the past year my B7V has been connected to the router via 5GHz wifi with absolutely no issues.  Last week it suddenly stopped worked and will not reconnect. I get "failed to connect" (or something along those lines) every time. 

Here is a quick list of the facts/my observations/things I have tried.

• The TV can connect to 2.4GHz
  • I have tried various 5GHz channels
  • I have tried manually setting the time/date on the TV
  • I cannot change the DNS via my router, this option is not available

Does anyone have any other ideas on what is causing this problem?

I have the same issue to connect wifi 5GHz, it works perfectly until two days ago, now the TV only connects to wifi 2.4GHz, same router, same TV LG WEBOS TV UK6550PSB SOFTWARE VERSION 05.40.26

Just now, Daniel M. said:

I have the same issue to connect wifi 5GHz, it works perfectly until two days ago, now the TV only connects to wifi 2.4GHz, same router, same TV LG WEBOS TV UK6550PSB SOFTWARE VERSION 05.40.26

I had solve the wifi connection issue to 5GHz going to go settings - General - Reset device.

WARNING you will lost all apps files and personalization on your TV.

Hope this will work for you.

Best regards

Dan