Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Question

3 answers to this question

This is information from LG webOS Magic Remote Android application.
b989757148caf7d127e33d04cc42b57c.jpg
I have tested and it works. However, I haven't sniffed the network, so I don't know whether a regular wake-on-lan magic packet is used or something else.

EDIT: I have just tested some Windows wake-on-lan application and it also works.

Edited by nemilose
Addition

I got this working in 5 Min

I used an app on my Android device called "Wake on LAN" its a blue icon and with a circle and a Ethernet cable on it, but any other app should work that can send a magic packet.

Steps followed

1. Switched on my LG 49UH603V-TD TV with remote
  2. Navigated to Network Settings
  3. Navigated to Advanced network settings
  4. Here it should publish your TV IP Address, Subnet mask, MAC Address, and DNS Server address
  5. Write down the IP Address + MAC address
  6. Download and install your wake on LAN app
  7. Add a new device to your Wake on LAN App - see my example below
  8. Save it
  9. Switch off your TV with the remote
  10. Open the Wake on LAN App on your phone and hit the "Wake"

You should now be geared to switch the TV on from anywhere on your WI-FI network. This is especially helpful on the weekend when the kids are tearing the house down while you want to sleep in.

Cheers, Hope this helps

C

IMG_20191127_112731.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Noel Walker
      When trying to load the Plex app on an LGWebOs smart TV, app says :-
      CHECK NETWORK CONNECTION    Error CODE : -337
      This may be a temporary issue. 
      Please try again later. 
      (RETRY)     (EXIT APP)

Firstly my network connection is fine. Netflix and YouTube loads and runs just seamlessly. This has only been happening in the last few months If I (RETRY) after a long wait sometimes it connects and loads correctly or I get the same error again. I have tried other Plex clients on my home server and they work just fine.  Specs:
      LG OLED65C8PTA TV running Web OS 04.10.15. LG Plex client app is version 2.1.6 from Sep 2016 Plex server is on my QNAP NAS and at version 1.13.5.291 from Sep 2018. I guess my question is, if the LG Plex client app hasn't changed since 2016 and my Plex server is working for other clients, then what is going wrong?
      Cheers
      Noel

• By ErnieS
      All of a sudden after a software update, when I try and mirror my iPhone to my LG OLED65 TV, it asks for my login and password. I have no idea what they are. How do I reset them?
    • By Thomas Devenney
      Hi,
      I use the YouTube app on my LG OLED55B6V smart TV on a daily basis. Does anyone know in 2020, if there is an external keyboard I can use on the YouTube app? 

Thanks. 
    • By superleccy
      Hi there
      I've had my LG WebOS SmartTV for a couple of months, but in the past week or so I've noticed it's really started eating up all my home's Internet bandwidth, even when I'm just watching FreeSat TV and not running any apps.  It's connected to my router using wired ethernet, so it's not a WiFi problem.
      I can only assume that one the apps I've installed is suddenly decided to download a ton of data in the background.  But which one?
      The only solution I can think of is to install my apps one-by-one until my bandwidth issue improves.  And that's what I'll do.
      But I found this forum, and thought I'd ask you good people if any of you had had a similar experience.
      Here's the apps I've got installed:
      BritBox BBC iPlayer Spotify YouTube Amazon Prime Video NowTV AppleTV Thanks in advance for any tips
      SL
    • By Ravichandran S
      My TV was bought in 2014 55UB850T-TA with WebOS TV version 1.4.0-2337 (afro-ashley). 
      I recently purchased the Disney hotstar subscription. But in the above version the LG content store does not show the Hotstar
      As per the news in this link we are eligible to upgrade to WebOS 2.0. But the automatic updates does not say it as WebOS 2.0 but still WebOS 1.4

link hidden, please login to view Why this discrimination for old users of LG TV? How will I install new apps in this TV?
      Please help.
      Thanks,
      Ravichandran
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By vapaulius
      Hello,
      last Saturday Youtube app stopped working. Screenshot attached.
      App states that "This page isn't available. Sorry about that. Try searching for something else".
      App version 1.0.40.
      Tried to reinstall it, does not help.