Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Question

3 answers to this question

This is information from LG webOS Magic Remote Android application.
b989757148caf7d127e33d04cc42b57c.jpg
I have tested and it works. However, I haven't sniffed the network, so I don't know whether a regular wake-on-lan magic packet is used or something else.

EDIT: I have just tested some Windows wake-on-lan application and it also works.

Edited by nemilose
Addition

I got this working in 5 Min

I used an app on my Android device called "Wake on LAN" its a blue icon and with a circle and a Ethernet cable on it, but any other app should work that can send a magic packet.

Steps followed

1. Switched on my LG 49UH603V-TD TV with remote
  2. Navigated to Network Settings
  3. Navigated to Advanced network settings
  4. Here it should publish your TV IP Address, Subnet mask, MAC Address, and DNS Server address
  5. Write down the IP Address + MAC address
  6. Download and install your wake on LAN app
  7. Add a new device to your Wake on LAN App - see my example below
  8. Save it
  9. Switch off your TV with the remote
  10. Open the Wake on LAN App on your phone and hit the "Wake"

You should now be geared to switch the TV on from anywhere on your WI-FI network. This is especially helpful on the weekend when the kids are tearing the house down while you want to sleep in.

Cheers, Hope this helps

C

IMG_20191127_112731.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.