Quantcast

LG Soundbar fails to wake

carlos_aguera@hotmail.com

Question

Has anyone noticed a strange behaviour with using an LG soundbar with an LG TV using ARC? When I first had the TV, it worked a treat. When I started the TV, it would wake up the soundbar and all was good. However after one of the software updates, the soundbar fails to start automatically. However, if I manually start it, the TV is happy using it as the audio channel. Also If I turn the TV off just after it has started then turn it back on, all of a sudden the soundbar kicks into life. Any idea what might be going on?

Has no one else experienced this issue?

2 answers to this question

Hello,

I experienced the same issue a few days ago with my LG C2 Oled and my Samsung Soundbar. I was closing the TV but soundbar was remaining on. What I did to restore the issue was to remove all my HDMI cables from TV. Then from TV settings I deleted all my HDMI connection history. Then I plugged the HDMI of my soundbar again back to HDMI 2 (earc) in order for the TV to rebuild the connection of your soundbar. Then I tried and the soundbar was responding again with my TV remote control (turning on/off automatically with TV remote).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nikola Lgc1lb lgs80qr
      Hi, what should i do to synchronize the Sound from my tv( lg c1 lb 55 inch 2021) speakers and soundbar (lg s80qr) to play at the same time without delay. Please me give me the steps one by one
    • By Jibun no Kage
      Asking this hear, since I could not seem to find a better place... Wake on LAN only works for a few minutes after TV is turned off?  If I turn of LG TV (WebOS 8.x) and then send a Wake on LAN (WoL) packet, it works.  If turn off the LG TV, then I wait about 15 minutes or so, then send the same WoL sequence, using the same code, script, etc., it fails, the LG TV never turns on.  THe LG TV is configured both for wired ethernet (preferred) and WiFi.  Any idea why this behavior?  It almost seems like the LG TV goes into standby, via phone app, remote, even CEC, etc., then drops from the network?  Mobile is enabled on the TV, hence the phone app works.  Why would the LG TV stop responding to WoL packets?
    • By Matan Faragi
      Hi,

I'm not sure its the right place but at any case i will describe my issue here and maybe you will be able to help:
      Recently I bought a a TV and a sound bar, and i have some issue from the moment i get the TV.
      TV model - LG 55LB679Y with latest firmware version i have at my country (Israel) - 04.30.16
      SoundBar - LG NB4540
      the TV connected to sound bar by "wireless simplink" feature 'LG TV' and TV connected to My Wireless router.
      every 5 - 15 minutes, i have sound drops / Cutoff / stooped / Interruption, seem like the TV loose connection to sound-bar for few seconds or something similar, it's happen from any AV source im using HDMI, USB...
      and the local re-seller replace the sound-bar to a new one (same modal off course) and i didn't help.  
      i have try to troubleshot the problem in the last few weeks - but didn't succeed to solve it, and also the support / costumer service didn't have solution for this.

some steps i take when troubleshot this issue:
      * different wireless configuration on router -  different channels, SSID, Security - issue still persist.
      * another wireless router - issue still persist.
      * working with optical cable to sound bar - just for testing - working ok, but i need the wireless feature working this the reason i bought sound bar and TV from the same manufacturer.
      * disconnect the TV from wireless network - looks like it's working ok, but didn't had chance to test it for long time.

from my point of view looks like it's issue with wireless device on TV not able to to work in parallel with soundbar and wireless network for some reason, It could be caused bysoftware issue on WebOS or Hardware issue with this TV model.

I really hope you be able to help me or throw some light on this case.

Kind regards,
      Matan
    • By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this. 

• By Girevik
      Hello all,
      I recently got a soundbar for my LG TV and have it connected with HDMI ARC on HDMI 2 I do my TV watching with a Firestick. I have this weird issue where if I switch apps on my Firestick using one of the buttons that go to an app, or (sometimes) using voice commands, the switches to the HDMI 2 input.  If I choose the app from the menu, it works fine.
      I have no clue why how I start an app makes a difference, but is there a way to set the TV to ignore HDMI when it comes to automatically switching inputs?  I looked through the settings and thought I figured it out when I turned off instant game response on HDMI 2, but the switch is still happening.