Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

MARYANN THOMAS

(LG) webOS TV LK540BPUA

GOT THIS NEW TV FOR CHRISTMAS AND HERE IT'S FEBRUARY AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT SET UP, I WAS TOLD IT WOULD WORK EXACTLY THE WAY A ROKU TV WORKS, BUT I SET IT UP WITH AL MY INTERNET AND MODEM INFORMATION AND IT STILL DON'T WORK LIKE MY ROKU TV I HAVE ALREADY, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I WANT TO WATCH MY NEW TV, THANK YOU

On 2/3/2019 at 1:31 PM, MARYANN THOMAS said:

GOT THIS NEW TV FOR CHRISTMAS AND HERE IT'S FEBRUARY AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT SET UP, I WAS TOLD IT WOULD WORK EXACTLY THE WAY A ROKU TV WORKS, BUT I SET IT UP WITH AL MY INTERNET AND MODEM INFORMATION AND IT STILL DON'T WORK LIKE MY ROKU TV I HAVE ALREADY, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I WANT TO WATCH MY NEW TV, THANK YOU

Hi MaryAnn,

Sadly your LG TV is never going to work exactly like a ROKU device as while they are both capable of streaming media are two completely different devices with disparate interfaces and programming.  If you can let the forum know which model of TV you have and the problems you are experiencing the users will try and help you get to the stage where you are able to enjoy your purchase.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• LG TV Christmas Deals & More

If you're hoping to score a new 4K TV for Christmas, then you've come to the right place Sharp 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV for $319.99 ($180 off) LG's OLEDs on Sale  For OLED fans, LG has kicked things off with an excellent sale on its 2018 C8 Series TV. Currently, Amazon has the 55-inch LG Smart OLED TV (OLED55C8PUA) on sale for $1,796.99. That's a whopping $300 off its regular retail price. The C8 OLED is an improvement on the already excellent C7 model from last year. FOR VPN Deals :  PureVPN is offering a week-long promo. Now, anyone can get the lifetime subscription plan of  for as low as $79.  PureVPN has offered an 88% discount, allowing you to save a humongous $578 on your subscription. Like all good things that will end one day, PureVPN’s 88% Off is only valid through Christmas season Week. Get your subscription today!

in The Lounge - Off Topic

• Question: Super slow internet (WiFi) when streaming

Hi, I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range. I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue? Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it?    Br, Nick

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Cant watch internet programmes

Every time i try to watch netfilix or any other prigrammes on my smart tv. It restarts saying its going to  free space but still dont let me watch the app

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• LG weboS TV SDK Information and Download

Web SDK   webOS TV SDK is a tool that provides developers with tools for webOS TV web app development and emulator for testing.   For the supported webOS TV platform version, see Supported Platform Version for each SDK   System Requirements Operating System Microsoft® Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Mac OS X Lion or later (64-bit) Ubuntu 10.04, 12.04 / Ubuntu Mint 13 (Maya) (32-bit and 64-bit) Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz or faster Memory: 3 GB or more of RAM Display: 1280 x 1024 or higher of screen resolution Graphic Card: 256 MB or more of video memory Additional Software Oracle® VirtualBox 4.2.x or higher (4.2.x is recommended)
      https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds_4_2  Oracle JDK 1.7.0_45 or later 
      http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html   For version downloads, visit: http://developer.lge.com/webOSTV/sdk/web-sdk/    

in LG webOS TV SDK