Quantcast

4k 50hz devices displaying WASHED OUT COLOURS

Kailem Jones

Question

After the latest 05.80.15 software update for my LG OLED55E7T (Australian model)...

Any device I plug in via HDMI 2.0 that is 4K (2160p) 50hz gets washed out colours. 

I have a set top box that is 4k 50hz and is getting washed out colours. I have an APPLE TV that when I set it to 4k 50hz it gets washed out colours. 

HDMI true deep colour is turned on. 

*Interesting note, when I set my set top box to 1080i/1080p mode, the colours are normal and vibrant. 

I believe this has something to do with the BT.2020 colour space compatibility. Before the software update everything was working fine. 

1 answer to this question

I’m in the same situation. When LG will fix this crap? 4000,00 € to watch washed up colors and orange instead of red? Now i’m watching tv in Pc mode but the quality is not the best possible due to the limited bandwidth via HDMI. I’m verydisappointed. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sandtonman
      I have an LG 55NANO86VNA TV. It has always displayed Netflix and other content in DV with no issues.
      Since the recent TV firmware update to 4.50.51, although Netflix shows DV content available, the TV no longer displays the DV logo top-right when any DV content is started.
      Nano TV also does not play test DV content on a USB memory stick in DV. This used to play as DV, and still plays fine with DV logo top-right on my older LG TV.
      Dolby Vision is 22.11.
      Anyone else seen this issue. Any suggestions please.
    • By mcored
      Yesterday, I connected my 2 TB external HDD formatted as exFAT to my 55" webOS TV to realise that it was not reading - turns out that the TV does not support exFAT. 
    • By mpholic
      I just purchased a LG 55UH6090 4k web OS 3 television. I connect to my Plex media server via wifi network and using what I believe to be Smartshare everything appears ok. All my video folders show up properly. All the video files inside these folders show up normally and the video plays with no problem. Unfortunately the subtitles do not display. It detects the subtitle track since the sub icon is not grayed out. I've toggled the icon on and off multipke times and subtitkes do not appear. Playing the same video file via USB connection produces the same result. Video and audio but no subtitles. The video is a .mkv file with embedded subtitles. This same file plays 100% correctly through my Samsung smart tv, Samsung bluray player and my WDTV live hub. It plays properly via USB and wifi from Plex media server. Only device which has a problem is my webOS 3 tv from lg. Any ideas? Thanks
    • By anton de Freitas
      Why does my my Smart TV keep displaying network disconnected network connected
    • By majtemp
      Hello,
      After updating my LG TV to the latest firmware I saw a new option:
       It is "Bluetooth Speaker Volume":

Before this update, I used to connect to my Bluetooth headphones quicker because the option "Connect" was the FIRST OPTION.
      Now It is the second option and I have to press down every time to highlight "Connect".

Why replacing "Connect" with this disabled option "Bluetooth Speaker Volume" ?!

This is annoying because my TV fails to detect my headphones automatically so I have to go to this menu every day and select "Connect" manually. ☹️
      Making "Bluetooth Speaker Volume" the first option just made this process more annoying because now I have to press more buttons.

My simple request is:
      Make "Connect" the first option.

Thanks.