Quantcast

LG Content Store will not open - Nothing happens

thanatu55

Question

Hi,

My currently installed apps work fine such as Amazon and Netflix, however if I try to select the LG Content Store it doesn't do anything. I want to install more apps but I can't because I cannot access the store. I do not want to use Factory Reset as a possible solution because I have recently had my LG OLED E8 professionally calibrated which was very expensive.

Can somebody tell me how I can resolve this issue please?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

On 1/12/2019 at 3:58 PM, thanatu55 said:

Hi,

My currently installed apps work fine such as Amazon and Netflix, however if I try to select the LG Content Store it doesn't do anything. I want to install more apps but I can't because I cannot access the store. I do not want to use Factory Reset as a possible solution because I have recently had my LG OLED E8 professionally calibrated which was very expensive.

Can somebody tell me how I can resolve this issue please?

Has the Content Store worked in the past or is this a brand new set?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Vanilton Coelho
      Hi people,

Recently bought one 49LF6350 and one 43LF6350 and the two models have the same problem, whenever I try to open an application, informs me that I have to update (required update, you must update this app to launch it. the update may cause data to be stored deleted.), and when I try to update, it gives an error message (application has not Been instaled. try again). It happens to apps also store to at new install. what may be occurring?

software version: 3:03:04
      WebOS TV version: 2.0.2-3928 (behive-badlands)

thanks.
    • By Pat
      Bought a new 65" Smart TV, all the preoaded apps You Tube, Netflix etc  are restarting after couple of minutes with "this app will now restart to free up more memory" message.
    • By Nathan Azzi
      hello, 

Got a new 86nano75SQA

google assistance BUILT in works fine - and if i ask it to play a video it does.

But external google assistance on my google devices, only turns the TV on and off, and opens apps..

I cant for instance say "Play big bang theory on LG TV"

Or it says "I also need to know which device to use. try saying that again, and include the device's name"

Can anyone do this? is it it expected it works? works fine with the built in assistant, but not external ones

• By HankO
      I have  a OLED55CXAUA TV, Apps weren't able to update I got the same error message. I had a problem with Hulu so I uninstalled it. After that I couldn't re-download Hulu app. I did a computer chat with LG techs several times. The last chat after having me do all the standard fixes , the tech accessed my computer remotely . After a long wait he said I needed to do factory reset. Thats what I did. well that made things much worse. Now because all the apps were older ,they all needed to be updated ,so now I could use any of my streaming apps. So now I have to stream with Amazon firestick ,TV apps are useless. It only gets worse. The LG tech said that's all he could do remotely ,I needed an onsite tech to come to my house to check it . But because it is 17 months old I would have to pay for repair. In addition to that I bought it at Costco . They give a 2nd year extension of factory warrantee , plus I have an additional 3 years of Allstate service contract. I called Costco to have them repair it . They said it's not covered because it's a software issue and they don't cover software issues . So I called LG tech and asked if they would have fixed it under warrantee if it was under 12 months old .  He said they definitely would have.  So I called Costco back and if they are extending factory warrantee why won't they cover it if LG would have. They gave me some double talk but still refuse to do anything. So I'm stuck with a smart TV that now is the same as any regular TV. Both corporations LG and Costco are at fault I'm stuck in the Middle. How can I fix this firmware problem?
    • By News Reporter
      LG TV Owners in Over Forty New Countries Across Africa, Europe and
      the Middle East Now Have Access to Anticipated Disney+ Content

SEOUL, June 14, 2022 — Disney+ app is now available on compatible LG TVs in over countries and territories across Africa, Europe and the Middle East. More LG TV owners can now enjoy in one convenient place the very best movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star, as long as their TV runs webOS from 2017 or later.
      To enjoy all of what the Disney+ service has to offer, LG customers can simply click the Disney+ icon on LG Home Launcher or press the Disney+ direct button on the LG Magic Remote and select their subscription type to start watching their favorite shows. Smoothly integrated into the webOS platform, the Disney+ app on LG TVs provides a seamless experience and an abundance of first-rate content to suit every taste and interest.
      A wealth of superb on-demand content awaits on Disney+, the streaming service supplying access to hundreds of Disney+ Originals and thousands of episodes from The Walt Disney Company’s vast library along with a growing lineup of exclusive, original entertainment. Feature films, TV programs, short-form content and documentaries are all conveniently categorized, searchable and available to stream right now on the large screen at home.
      With a number of Disney owned properties to choose from, including the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Star Wars, subscribers have no shortage of viewing options to explore. Disney+ brings subscribers a plethora of compelling choices such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Marvel Studios’ Ms. Marvel, The Kardashians and much more.
      LG TVs running webOS allow users to immerse into the nostalgia of all-time favorite stories or the excitement of live action. To bring the utmost detail out of each scene, LG OLED technology offers best-in-industry picture quality thanks to infinite contrast ratio and absolute black level made possible by OLED’s revolutionary self-lit pixel technology which does not require a backlight. Compatible with both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, LG TVs deliver an outstanding viewing experience for the home.
      What’s more, LG’s convenience-enhancing smart TV features, including ThinQ AI and the platform-wide LG universal search function, work seamlessly with Disney+.
      Always striving to deliver the best user experience and content selection available, LG now offers the Disney+ app on compatible LG TVs in over ninety countries worldwide.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content