Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

I just put an M4A file on my NAS and was really surprised that I couldnt play it using the LG TV's network explorer with error 'file type not supported'. Will this be added soon as it is a fairly standard file format that all websites I've read agree is better quality and better compression than mp3.

Yeah, LG TVs sadly do not support many of "used a lot" formats and i still don't know why. some of them or most of them are open source too. :/ , for me personally my whole library of show is encoded in x264 10bit. those also are not supported :( 

I hope LG would add support for this or at least give us a software option within the store to install additional Codecs if we need them. our TVs are fully capable of running those. come on LG you can do that!  don't make us thing those who bought the Andriod TV version made the right choice and we made the wrong one. more support for Codecs was never bad. never!.