Quantcast

Hacking the LG 60UH770T - 3rd party apps / upgrades etc...?

Question

Howdy,

Bought myself an LG  (in Australia) and love it.

It's the first 'smart' TV I've seen where the OS doesn't make me want to make it un-smart, Android on TVs is just awful in my experience.

Is running LG Software version 3.17.20 at present and Web OS 3.1.2-1217 (dreadlocks-denali).

I'm really keen to find out if I can install 3rd party apps such as a replacement web browser for the very limited one that came installed with the TV etc....

Things I'd like to do / find out if I can do:

• Upgrade the inbuilt hard drive to a larger SSD.
  • Install a better web browser (one that's updated, security patched, allows downloads etc...).
  • See if I can enable any more advanced settings.
  • Customise the interface layout.
  • Train the smart remote to the IR codes for my QUAD Vena integrated amp.
    • I contacted LG via twitter and they weren't at all helpful, essentially blew me off to talk over the phone then changed that to logging something with the Australian only website, they didn't even respond when I said that the QUAD was a UK brand and widely used all over the world, they made it pretty clear they didn't care.
    • Twitter convo started here: 
      link hidden, please login to view
    • Moved to a DM convo LG support blowing me off.pdf
  • Contribute back any learning / information I find out to help others.
  • Mirror my iPhone directly to the TV, I'm hoping there's an Airplay receiver app out there somewhere.
  • Add Getflix, or a quick way to switch between DNS servers to the UI.

And probably a lot more.

• Like 2
  • Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Howdy,   Bought myself an LG  (in Australia) and love it. It's the first 'smart' TV I've seen where the OS doesn't make me want to make it un-smart, Android on TVs is just awful in my experience.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tom M
      Today I switched to WOW internet service and dropped ATT and DirectTV.  I purchased Sling, but now can't add it to my LG TV because there is no option that I can find to add an APP like Sling.  There is no LG Content Store.  What do I do?
    • By rick wiseman
      I have owned this tv for a year and pleased with it ... until about a month ago. I now have constant repetitive messages in top right hand corner of screen saying 'Unknown device disconnected' or 'wired network is connected' or wired lan cable is connected' and it's driving me crazy. I have tried the lg live chat technical support and they were not aware of the issue but I've seen the same problem discussed on US forums and here too. Nobody seems to be able to have a solution. I have unplugged all external stuff - Virgin V6 box, Wii, wired internet, etc and it still happens. Help!!
    • By Bella Lee
      With the Amazon Music app, LG smart TV owners who also happen to be Prime members can finally access two million songs on their TVs. But there is a more convenient approach for you to play Amazon Music on LG smart TV. With an or Mac, you are able to link hidden, please login to view and them play them directly on your smart TV without the Amazon Music app. And you don't worry that your smart TV is not compatible with LG smart TV.
    • By jaculson
      I have a LG TV model: 47LB652V-ZA, webOS version 1.4.0-2523 (afro-ashley). Why isn't Spotify supported for this TV if its from 2014 and it says that devices from 2013 and onwards will be supported
    • By News Reporter
      SEOUL, Apr. 7, 2021 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) today announced its preliminary earnings results for the first quarter of 2021.
      LG reported tentative consolidated revenues of KRW 18.8 trillion in the first quarter of 2021 with an operating profit of KRW 1.5 trillion. Revenue and operating profit increased 27.7 percent and 39.2 percent, respectively, from the same quarter the previous year.
      Both quarterly revenue and operating profit are the highest in the company’s history.
      These figures are the tentative consolidated earnings based on K-IFRS provided as a service to investors prior to LG Electronics’ final earnings results including net profit. Details regarding each division which will be announced officially later this month.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By td47
      I spotted this useful article for those who feel they need to tweak (optimise) the picture settings, but are not sure what do do:

link hidden, please login to view Obviously any experts on here should chime in with their findings or advice, especially if geared up to LG TV models.
    • By Oskar Farbaniec
      Hello,
      I would like to know, if there are any cloud gaming services currently available on lg Web os? Like Google stadia, geforce now or Xbox game pass ?
    • By Mofa
      Hi there,. 
      It is now clear that any  OS, except android and apple,  suffers from low number of apps. 
      It is a shame to struggle with a 'named smart tv' to run a Web site or find a commonly used app! 

Ok! We are stuck with this rubbish OS (bad OS due to the poor App stoee) , why LG doesn't develop an adapter to run android TV apps on the TV? Maybe after testing them, you can allow certain famous apps. Moreover, why don't they provide an easy porting tool for the developer?
      Anyway, if they don't do this, I would advise any one to buy an android TV and ignore the useless OSs such as Tiazen or Webos. 
      Regards, 

• By TenDee
      My LG TV keeps nagging me to update to 04.71.25.  Has anyone updated to this version without any trouble.  When searching the WEB I only see complaints about 04.71.25 so I'm worried about upgrading. Most notable is the complaint about more pixelation particularly in the logos. I am hopeful that many have updated and did not notice any ill effects at all.
      Thank you