Quantcast

LG ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF AMAZON ALEXA SKILL ON 2018 LG AI-ENABLED TVS

LG ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF AMAZON ALEXA SKILL

Compatibility with Alexa Offers More Versatility to webOS-based LG AI TVs, Gives Consumers Access to Easy Voice Control

ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., May 29, 2018 — LG Electronics USA announced that 2018 LG OLED TVs and LG SUPER UHD TVs with AI ThinQ® are now compatible with Alexa-enabled devices through the LG SmartThinQ Skill for Amazon Alexa. This collaboration between LG and Amazon will enable consumers to control their 2018 LG AI-enabled TVs via voice commands to their existing Alexa-enabled devices – including Amazon Echo, Echo Show, Echo Dot, Echo Spot and Echo Plus – and access numerous TV functions including volume, play, pause, start, stop, fast forward controls*, channel selection and content search.

Users can experience easy-to-use voice capabilities on their 2018 LG AI TVs, including OLED and LG Super UHD TVs with AI ThinQ, simply by asking Amazon Alexa. For example, you can now issue voice commands such as, “Alexa, turn up the volume on my living room TV” or “Alexa, change the channel to CNN on my kitchen TV.” You can also open specific LG webOS Smart TV apps by saying “Alexa, ask LG to launch YouTube on my bedroom TV.”

LG’s 2018 AI-enabled TVs expand the capabilities of the company’s award-winning premium line-up with cutting-edge innovations such as LG AI ThinQ artificial intelligence and the new LG OLED Alpha 9 intelligent processor (C8, E8, W8 models). The intelligent voice control on LG AI TVs enhances connectivity and control for the smart home and beyond. “The addition of Amazon Alexa compatibility to our 2018 LG AI-enabled TVs spotlights LG’s commitment to developing category-leading TVs that combine innovative technologies with the widest range of convenient, user-friendly interfaces,” said Tim Alessi, head of home entertainment product marketing at LG Electronics USA. “LG’s open platform-open partnership- open connectivity ecosystem enables LG AI products to work with the most popular smart platforms to deliver the most convenient and customized smart home experience tailored to a consumer’s specific lifestyle.”

Support for the LG SmartThinQ Skill for Amazon Alexa on 2018 LG TVs adds to LG’s rapidly growing AI ecosystem that includes the industry’s most extensive range of WiFi-enabled smart appliances. By asking Amazon Alexa to talk to LG, you can control your TV, as well as turn on your air purifier, turn off your ice maker, start your robotic vacuum and more. With LG’s Alpha 9 intelligent processor powering the LG SIGNATURE OLED TV AI ThinQ W8, and LG OLED TV AI ThinQ E8 and C8-series (and LG’s Alpha 7 processor powering the LG SUPER UHD TV AI ThinQ lineup), viewers will enjoy more realistic and accurate colors and improved image renderings from virtually any viewing angle. Combined with on-board Dolby Atmos audio and support for the widest variety of high dynamic range content with support for Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG and Advanced HDR by Technicolor. – LG’s premium 4K UHD TVs were developed to fully immerse viewers in any scene.

For more information on LG AI TVs, please visit

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lizzy
      I have set up a hard disc, that I can see in the home menu, but when I go to the guide and select the "i" it only gives me the option to watch. I am very new to smart television and I can't figure out how to correct this problem.
    • By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this. 

• By dvoina
      Hi!
      I have a 49SK7900PLA TV and the remote has seen better days...
      I am wondering if I can pair it with the new AN-MR22GN remote that costs half the price of an AN-MR20GA (the one that I currently have).
      TV is running software version 06.10.30

• By News Reporter
      Company’s Latest TVs Geared up With Luna, GeForce NOW at 4K for More
      Compelling, All-Around Cloud Gaming Experiences, Plus 2020 Models Now Streaming

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is demonstrating its strong commitment to delivering a premium TV gaming experience that offers enhanced convenience through the new webOS UI featuring a dedicated gaming hub, the addition of cloud gaming service Amazon Luna and buttery-smooth gameplay at 4K 60 FPS streaming via NVIDIA GeForce NOW on its latest TVs at CES 2023.
      Popular cloud gaming services, which can now be conveniently accessed from LG Game Card on webOS 2023, including simply via voice command*, offer avid and casual gamers alike numerous gaming titles from leading partners such as NVIDIA, Blacknut, Utomik and now Luna and Boosteroid, with no downloads or additional hardware needed. LG’s award-winning OLED TVs supply players with the smoothest gameplay courtesy of superior image quality, an ultra-fast 0.1 millisecond response time and super-low input lag, as well as a more personalized gaming experience through various customization features including Game Optimizer and genre-specific picture settings.
      Already available in FHD on 2021 and 2022 LG TVs running webOS 6.0 or above, GeForce NOW is now streaming on 2020 models, and will start streaming in 4K on select models later this year, LG TV owners being among the first to stream impressively smooth, highly immersive 4K gameplay at 60 FPS, on the big screen with just a compatible controller.
      GeForce NOW is NVIDIA’s open cloud gaming service that taps into the thriving PC gaming ecosystem by streaming with world-class NVIDIA GeForce RTX performance. Gamers can play their favorite PC titles already purchased from popular digital stores – including many of the most-played free-to-play games like Fortnite, Apex Legends and Destiny 2 – with and against millions of other PC players. GeForce Now Ultimate members will enjoy streaming at up to 4K resolution at 60 FPS on supported LG TVs, with ultra-low latency that rivals many local gaming experiences.
      Accessible from LG’s Game Card in the US, Amazon Luna is joining other cloud gaming services on the webOS Home Screen of LG’s latest TVs. A Luna subscription offers access to games for everyone, from AAA titles, retro-side scrollers, family games and more, and titles including Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Everspace and Team Sonic Racing, while the Prime Gaming channel gives Amazon Prime subscribers access to various exclusive and free-to-play titles each month.
      LG’s perfect-for-gaming OLED TVs will be on show at CES 2023 from January 5-8 in the company’s booth (#15501, Las Vegas Convention Center). To keep up with every LG CES announcement, follow #LGCES2023 on social media.
      # # #
      * Voice command functionality varies by content provider and will be available by mid-year.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By lldiegoll
      Good afternoon,
      I bought the LG C2 TV 30 days ago, everything works normally, now I went to use the ALEXA function:
      I have an ECHO DOT 3, I did all the procedures, I downloaded LG THINGS, I ACTIVATED THE TV SKILLS, the TV SPEAKERS, I linked the accounts EVERYTHING PERFECT, all commands work: TV ON/OFF, SOUND UP/DOWN, CHANGE CHANNELS, CHANGE DOORS, OPEN APPLICATIONS NETFLIX / PRIMEVIDEO, etc etc ....
      But after a while the TV is MUTE, NO SOUND comes out in ALL CHANNELS, IN ALL APPLICATIONS, not even turning the TV off using the CONTROL BUTTON or VOICE COMMAND does the SOUND work.... Only when I unplug the SOCKET does the SOUND come back... .but after some time the same thing happens.... I reset the television from the factory and redid all the procedures and the same thing....
      This also happens when I give a command to open NETFLIX/YOUTUBE the sound sometimes stops.
      I did the ALEXA only through the TV APP without the ECHO ... and the same problem happens.
      Could it be some SOFTWARE BUG? My TV is updated until TODAY 12/29/22 with the latest FIRMWARE, ALEXA is also updated.
  • Similar Tagged Content